disable auto focus
9705 15 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andysummer
lvl.1
Canada

within the Android DJI app, is there a way to disable continous auto focus?
it keeps searching for focus and the result (for both video or time lapse) is really annoying.
thanks!
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Generally speaking, the device will focus only when you press the object, just to clarify, does this issue happen to all resolutions? What is your current DJI Go APP version and firmware version?
2018-4-15
Use props
andysummer
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-15 22:43
Generally speaking, the device will focus only when you press the object, just to clarify, does this issue happen to all resolutions? What is your current DJI Go APP version and firmware version?

if i pan the camera or put my hand in front of the camera, it will refocus, this only happened when i use the DJI Go app, (but i need to use the DJI app, taking time lapse video with the camera app has a wobbling effect), can i send you a sample clip?
2018-4-16
Use props
andysummer
lvl.1
Canada

andysummer Posted at 2018-4-16 08:49
if i pan the camera or put my hand in front of the camera, it will refocus, this only happened when i use the DJI Go app, (but i need to use the DJI app, taking time lapse video with the camera app has a wobbling effect), can i send you a sample clip?

version 3.1.30 (679_go3_googlePlay)
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

andysummer Posted at 2018-4-16 08:54
version 3.1.30 (679_go3_googlePlay)

Sure, a sample clip would be much appreciated, please upload to YouTube and share us the link, besides, we need the model of your mobile phone and the firmware version of Osmo Mobile, thank you.
2018-4-16
Use props
andysummer
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-16 23:56
Sure, a sample clip would be much appreciated, please upload to YouTube and share us the link, besides, we need the model of your mobile phone and the firmware version of Osmo Mobile, thank you.

the above is the firmware and version info.

i have a Redmi note 3, and i also tried my son's OnePlus 5 and they both do continuous auto focus while shooting video, i can't find a way to disable it within the DJI Go app.
2018-4-17
Use props
LoudYeti
New

I think I am having the same Issue link above. When the app is changed to SloMo the camera is constantly searching for focus. Even with it just sitting on my desk the focus is breathing in and out. This is at 720P 240Fps. If I switch the camera to Normal mode 4K 30fps it seems to be working as it should without searching for focus

Osmo Mobile 2
iPhone 8+

Firmware Versions : 2.2.0.30
APP : 02  : 3.1.31(2882)
Bluetooth : 01.04.05.00 01.03.00.03
Control Panel: 02.00.00.04 02.00.00.03
Gimbal: 04. : 02.00.00.15 00.00.00.13

Also there doesn't seem to be a way to change resolution on the app for SloMo mode. If I click on the camera icon in normal mode there is a video resolution button but in sloMo there isn't. My default camera app is set to 1080P 240FPS so I am not sure where it is getting this value from and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

2018-4-17
Use props
andysummer
lvl.1
Canada

LoudYeti Posted at 2018-4-17 17:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73vgKkb5Eak

I think I am having the same Issue link above. When the app is changed to SloMo the camera is constantly searching for focus. Even with it just sitting on my desk the focus is breathing in and out. This is at 720P 240Fps. If I switch the camera to Normal mode 4K 30fps it seems to be working as it should without searching for focus

thank you for posting this video, this is the exact problem i'm experiencing while shooting video and time lapse video, hunting for focus for no apparent reason.
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

andysummer Posted at 2018-4-17 21:30
thank you for posting this video, this is the exact problem i'm experiencing while shooting video and time lapse video, hunting for focus for no apparent reason.

Please try to long press anywhere of the screen, AF/AE will be locked, in this mode, please have a try to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LoudYeti Posted at 2018-4-17 17:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73vgKkb5Eak

I think I am having the same Issue link above. When the app is changed to SloMo the camera is constantly searching for focus. Even with it just sitting on my desk the focus is breathing in and out. This is at 720P 240Fps. If I switch the camera to Normal mode 4K 30fps it seems to be working as it should without searching for focus

Please check my post in 9#, the recording frame rate in Slow-motion is 200fps (depending on the phone camera performance), and the video resolution is 720p. Sorry that the resolution cannot be selected.
2018-4-18
Use props
andysummer
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-18 01:30
Please try to long press anywhere of the screen, AF/AE will be locked, in this mode, please have a try to see if the issue persists, thank you.

It worked, it's not hunting for focus anymore, but it didn't take long before the video became too bright or too dark, is it possible to lock just AF, without locking AE?

thanks!
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Thx for reporting. We are testing smooth focus in video and release a version once it is fully tested.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

andysummer Posted at 2018-4-18 19:28
It worked, it's not hunting for focus anymore, but it didn't take long before the video became too bright or too dark, is it possible to lock just AF, without locking AE?

thanks!

Glad to know it works, your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, we will also keep improving our products to make you have a better experience.
2018-4-19
Use props
FlyingPony
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135171 ft
South Africa

I can second the need to have AF lock but, keep AE on auto. It messes up many timelapses for sunset / sunrise. This is the BIGGEST set back for this great product.

- tested with OSMO MOBILE 2 on DJI GO app. Latest version as of date writing this post
2018-5-30
Use props
djiuser_zXzFTqFbjCDy
New

India

Hi, is this issue addressed? I just bought DJI osmo mobile 2 and facing focus hunting issue on my Poco F1 (Android) phone.

Please help
2018-11-28
Use props
djiuser_QhSDdgxJv6Gg
New
India

I have purchased shi kami mobile 2 yesterday and what I found ani go app search for focus all the time. Also object tracking has issues. Disappointed.
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules