No picture and many app crashes
801 5 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon 462
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2151637 ft
United States

I noticed that the DJI Go 4 app updated again. Now I have no picture and the app locks up and then crashes. What’s going on now?  Some how I got it to work briefly but now it’s not working at all.  Plus the videos that I had stored on the editor would not play. I tried deleting the app and then reinstalling it however this did not fix the problem. I’m using an iPad and everything is up to date. Can someone please tell me what to do.  I have never experienced this before.  
2018-4-13
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

The updated GO4 app may not like your older iPad.

Spec your iPad.....

I had an iPad Mini 2 that worked GREAT with my Inspire 1.....however when I went to the P4Pro the image transmission was FUBARED......started reading and the new GO4 app needs some horsepower.
So I dropped coin on a late model iPad 9.7......with the latest software version on the iPad and the latest GO4 app all's well in paradise!!
2018-4-13
Use props
Jon 462
lvl.3
United States

I have never had any problems with the iPad Air 2 that I’m using now.  It’s up to date and ways worked fine. I think there is a problem with the new update. It seems like every time dji updtes their app there is a whole set of new problems.
2018-4-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Each time they update the App, it becomes more and more resource intensive/hungry, thats for both IOS and Android, it could just be the case thats happened now, last time it was Androids turn and now DJI have taken off the Note 3 from the recommended list, it just just be IPad Air 2's turn to die the "horrible eaten alive by the app death" or it could just be a glitch in the matrix, uninstall the app (BACKUP UP TO YA CLOUD 1ST) then reinstall the app and see how that goes...
2018-4-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or you can go back to the older version and choose not to update the app ever again
2018-4-13
Use props
Jon 462
lvl.3
United States

I think I found the problem. After using other apps on my iPad I noticed nothing was working right. So I shut down everything and rebooted the iPad   Now everything seems to working better now. My apologies to DJI   I don’t think it was their app. It was my equipment.
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules