Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Geotag DJI Video Using the Flight Record File - Free Software!
14630 18 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RemoteGeo
lvl.1

United States

Video GeoTagger FREE lets DJI pilots continuously geotag video from any DJI drone model with the encrypted flight record TXT file. This is necessary when you want to sync a DJI video with its GPS location points and the SRT file logging is not an option. Once the video is properly geotagged in can be played back LineVision and other Remote GeoSystems mapping applications.

Learn More or Download Today at:  http://videogeotagger.com/

How-To Video:  

2018-4-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting stuff!
2018-4-18
Use props
RemoteGeo
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Montfrooij. Video GeoTagger PRO also now directly supports the loading and mapping of DJI videos with GPS data in closed caption.
2018-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RemoteGeo Posted at 2018-5-16 09:46
Thanks Montfrooij. Video GeoTagger PRO also now directly supports the loading and mapping of DJI videos with GPS data in closed caption.

Sounds like you do need the &aposro' version
2018-5-16
Use props
RemoteGeo
lvl.1

United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-16 10:15
Sounds like you do need the 'Pro' version

Actually, you can use Video GeoTagger FREE with DJI videos. The PRO version just has the added advantage of direct support for video with the GPS in the closed captioning. Maybe we can explain a little bit better.

In Video GeoTagger FREE edition you can:

-        Directly open and map video from applicable DJI models that log a companion SRT file with the video. You can see an example of this here: Based on customer feedback the following DJI models should support recording video with the SRT file:  Mavic Pro, Inspire 1 & 2, Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Standard (it seems there is NOT SRT file logging capability with the Phantom 4 Pro.)
-        For models that do not have SRT file logging, you can geotag the video by using the Flight Record Log file to “automatically” sync the videos to the right location on the GPS track. You can see an example of this here:

In Video GeoTagger PRO edition you can

-        Directly open and map video from applicable DJI models that allow for the GPS data to be logged in the closed caption of the video. You can see an example of this here:

We should note that all LineVision commercial inspection and reporting software will soon also offer DJI GPS closed caption support as the new builds are released over the next few weeks.
2018-5-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RemoteGeo Posted at 2018-5-17 16:48
Actually, you can use Video GeoTagger FREE with DJI videos. The PRO version just has the added advantage of direct support for video with the GPS in the closed captioning. Maybe we can explain a little bit better.

In Video GeoTagger FREE edition you can:

Looks nice!
2018-5-17
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 227470 ft
Spain

Please I need some help.

I have the mp4 and srt file on the same folder but when I try to open any of the mp4 files and after confirmig which folder is the acompanying gps file I get this message:

unable to read gps information from the gps data file

What could be happening?

I have tried over several different pair of files (mp4 / srt)

appreciate any support.
2018-12-2
Use props
RemoteGeo
lvl.1

United States

RIMC1234 Posted at 12-2 08:17
Please I need some help.

I have the mp4 and srt file on the same folder but when I try to open any of the mp4 files and after confirmig which folder is the acompanying gps file I get this message:

Hi RIMC1234,

This could be an internationalization issue. We sometimes see this when commas are used instead of periods. Please take a look at the following post and see if this solves you issue.

https://support.remotegeo.com/fo ... linevision/#post-65

Thanks,
Remote Geo
2018-12-3
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Spain

Thanks for your suggestion, it is quite possible or logical. I will check on that.
2018-12-4
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Spain

RemoteGeo Posted at 12-3 10:04
Hi RIMC1234,

This could be an internationalization issue. We sometimes see this when commas are used instead of periods. Please take a look at the following post and see if this solves you issue.

Hi

I tried and no luck.

I had my PC with region and language set to US English.

Couldn´t Mavic 2 be using a different srt file format?

tks.

2018-12-5
Use props
RemoteGeo
lvl.1

United States

You are correct. DJI made significant changes to the SRT files with the Mavic 2 compared to earlier models. We have forwarded the new SRT file to our software engineers and we will work on getting the new Mavic 2 SRT file format supported in the next release of Video GeoTagger and LineVision.

In the meantime, you may be able to geotag your video by using the DJI Flight Record .txt file available in the DJI GO 4 app.

Here are instructions on retrieving the Flight Record log:
https://www.remotegeo.com/how-to ... le-from-dji-drones/

Here is a video on how to geotag DJI video with Flight Record log:

Thanks!
2018-12-5
Use props
Tibopix
Captain
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Looks promising, I'll definitely give it a try.
Thanks for sharing!
2018-12-5
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Spain

RemoteGeo Posted at 12-5 12:50
You are correct. DJI made significant changes to the SRT files with the Mavic 2 compared to earlier models. We have forwarded the new SRT file to our software engineers and we will work on getting the new Mavic 2 SRT file format supported in the next release of Video GeoTagger and LineVision.

In the meantime, you may be able to geotag your video by using the DJI Flight Record .txt file available in the DJI GO 4 app.

Excellent news. Thanks for the support.

2018-12-6
Use props
architfly123
lvl.1
India

Hi,

I wanted to have a geo tagged video which should have layer of interactive google maps. Sample as follows ..

Please suggest.

2019-1-7
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Spain

Hi RemoteGeo

Happy new year to you and all on the forum.

Only wanted to find out if the app has being updated to accept M2 files?

Rgds, Roger
2019-1-7
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Spain

Hi @remotegeo

Do you have any news on this update?

Tks+Rgds, RM

2019-1-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

Looks useful.
2019-1-31
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Spain

Useful and did like it a lot, but I continue to wait for the update so it will support Mavis 2.
2019-4-9
Use props
lowcostwebhostings
New

India

The nice one also useful post share. I hope you more info share like this.
2019-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules