Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello all

Smoother video is about controlling both the Gimbal and the Drone's movement. I see too many great videos posted on here that are slightly ruined by camera jerk and sudden movements that are so easy to avoid.
Many videos offer help on smoother camera settings, and whilst many include EXP settings, most miss off two of the most important settings you can adjust, namely the Yaw Endpoint and also the Buffers for the Pitch Speed and the aircraft's rotation. The adjustments are easy to make but have an enourmous effect on how smooth your flight and video will be.

And I got some nice shots from the Rocky Mountains as well as a beautiful misty morning at home

Hope it all helps

Cheers,

Ian in London

2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Useful information, thanks for your sharing.
2018-4-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks Ian another useful tutorial
2018-4-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Thanks Ian, Do one for the Pro has well although the settings are similar they are different.
2018-4-13
Use props
mickongen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Thanks for your sharing Ian.
2018-4-13
Use props
astrofly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

More useful ! With compliments for this lesson about gimbal and MP . I will do this settings. Thanks
2018-4-14
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-4-13 22:52
Thanks Ian, Do one for the Pro has well although the settings are similar they are different.

Hi Suren
Cheers for that. Everything I talk about should be relevant for the Pro as well as these settings do exist in the Go 4 app for the Pro.  The values set may have to be slightly different but the actual controls should be the same?  Or have I missed something?  

Ian
2018-4-14
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

EXP stands for Expo (Exponential). It doesn't change the speed, it changes the ratio of input (stick) to output (movement of the aircraft) over an exponential curve. Simply put, when the numbers are small, small movements of the stick (input) around the center position have minimal effect on the movement of the aircraft (output), but, as you move the stick further away from the center position, the output (aircraft movement) increases exponentially. This means, slight movements of the stick caused by lazy/shaky thumbs won't have much effect and won't ruin your shot. As you move the stick further away from the center position, the aircraft yaws/climbs/descends/crabs approaches the maximum rate faster and faster. This has the effect of smoothing out the controls, as you say in the video, by making the aircraft less responsive to small sick movements.
2018-4-14
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jyunte Posted at 2018-4-14 00:39
EXP stands for Expo (Exponential). It doesn't change the speed, it changes the ratio of input (stick) to output (movement of the aircraft) over an exponential curve. Simply put, when the numbers are small, small movements of the stick (input) around the center position have minimal effect on the movement of the aircraft (output), but, as you move the stick further away from the center position, the output (aircraft movement) increases exponentially. This means, slight movements of the stick caused by lazy/shaky thumbs won't have much effect and won't ruin your shot. As you move the stick further away from the center position, the aircraft yaws/climbs/descends/crabs approaches the maximum rate faster and faster. This has the effect of smoothing out the controls, as you say in the video, by making the aircraft less responsive to small sick movements.

This is exactly correct, and I chose my words poorly in the video.  I meant how quickly the movement starts when you move the sticks. As you say, the EXP settings change the output versus the input of the sticks (so with a lower EXP value, a slight touch to the sticks results in less movement); this is what I meant when I said in all cases for EXP, you want Less Output for More Input.

The Yaw Endpoint is what controls the overall speed of rotation.
Cheers
Ian

EDIT: See comment below; video re-edited and re-posted.  Cheers, Ian

2018-4-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one Ian.
2018-4-14
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Thanks Ian - great tuto.
2018-4-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Wellsi Posted at 2018-4-14 00:17
Hi Suren
Cheers for that. Everything I talk about should be relevant for the Pro as well as these settings do exist in the Go 4 app for the Pro.  The values set may have to be slightly different but the actual controls should be the same?  Or have I missed something?   

Ian, While watching the video i noticed that there were 3 configurations, not talking about the gimble but it seemed to have config 1, config 2 and config 3, I have not noticed that when flying the Pro. Check your video at 1.04
2018-4-14
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-4-14 03:22
Ian, While watching the video i noticed that there were 3 configurations, not talking about the gimble but it seemed to have config 1, config 2 and config 3, I have not noticed that when flying the Pro. Check your video at 1.04

Those are simply 3 different preset values for the same three adjustments available on screen.  They don't offer any additional control, just different defaults.

Cheers
Ian
2018-4-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Wellsi Posted at 2018-4-14 04:13
Those are simply 3 different preset values for the same three adjustments available on screen.  They don't offer any additional control, just different defaults.

Cheers

Thanks Ian
2018-4-14
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jyunte Posted at 2018-4-14 00:39
EXP stands for Expo (Exponential). It doesn't change the speed, it changes the ratio of input (stick) to output (movement of the aircraft) over an exponential curve. Simply put, when the numbers are small, small movements of the stick (input) around the center position have minimal effect on the movement of the aircraft (output), but, as you move the stick further away from the center position, the output (aircraft movement) increases exponentially. This means, slight movements of the stick caused by lazy/shaky thumbs won't have much effect and won't ruin your shot. As you move the stick further away from the center position, the aircraft yaws/climbs/descends/crabs approaches the maximum rate faster and faster. This has the effect of smoothing out the controls, as you say in the video, by making the aircraft less responsive to small sick movements.

You know, I watched the video again.  I knew what I wanted to say, but didn't say it right and it is indeed misleading.
I re-edited the video and re-posted it.
Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Ian in London
2018-4-14
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI should put these tutorials as stickies for new and experienced users alike.  They make the flying experience so much easier and much more productive. Again Well done Ian
2018-4-14
Use props
wjkrysak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>

Thank you, Ian. Very helpful. Will give it a go today.
2018-4-14
Use props
mavicfly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302339 ft
United States

Wellsi Posted at 2018-4-14 06:42
You know, I watched the video again.  I knew what I wanted to say, but didn't say it right and it is indeed misleading.
I re-edited the video and re-posted it.
Thanks for your help.

Appreciate all the time and effort you put into these helpful videos, Ian. Just bought you a beer. Cheers!
2018-4-14
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mavicfly Posted at 2018-4-14 07:30
Appreciate all the time and effort you put into these helpful videos, Ian. Just bought you a beer. Cheers!

Aw mate!  It flashed up on my phone and I had no idea who it was!

Cheers for that!  Always appreciated and puts a happy grin on my face!

Ian
2018-4-14
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-14 07:27
DJI should put these tutorials as stickies for new and experienced users alike.  They make the flying experience so much easier and much more productive. Again Well done Ian

I like that idea......

Cheers
Ian
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules