About sites to buy parts
1214 21 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CM17X
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489554 ft
Colombia

Hi there! I ordered from ebay (imported from China) the full shell body replacemenr for my P4P, I've ordered the obsidian version. Problem is that the landing gears cover (the little pieces that cover the antenna) are missed. There is one offer on ebay, really cheap (4 usd) but itsi located in China, and I don't want to wait that much. I found this site cloudcitydrones.com, does anyone know them? Despite the parts are expensive there, it will be faster than bringing them from China. Any thouthoughts?
2018-4-13
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

I wouldn't do the China thing either.  But with that said, eBay (or any aftermarket  part for that matter) is a buyer beware sort of thing.  Don't be surprised to be disappointed.
2018-4-13
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-4-13 16:20
I wouldn't do the China thing either.  But with that said, eBay (or any aftermarket  part for that matter) is a buyer beware sort of thing.  Don't be surprised to be disappointed.

So basically i should buy the parts from DJI? Where? I cant find nothing from them.
So now you nakes me nervous, how can i kbow if the shell i just got is truly original? It was a top seller from ebay, by the way.
2018-4-13
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

CM17X Posted at 2018-4-13 16:27
So basically i should buy the parts from DJI? Where? I cant find nothing from them.
So now you nakes me nervous, how can i kbow if the shell i just got is truly original? It was a top seller from ebay, by the way.

Unless you buy direct from an authorised dji reseller there is no guarantee that the parts you buy are genuine. With the advent of 3d printers anybody can print up a shell and call it original.
So the buyer beware statement is so very true.
2018-4-13
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-13 16:32
Unless you buy direct from an authorised dji reseller there is no guarantee that the parts you buy are genuine. With the advent of 3d printers anybody can print up a shell and call it original.

Well,i think im screwed. Any way to know if what i got is legit?
2018-4-13
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

I'll attach some pictures of the shell here, just in case you can determine if this is legit or not. Any insight would be appreciated

2018-4-13
Use props
Game_of_Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87051 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's the real thing - take note of the city that all those DJI components on ebay are selling from - the same one DJI is in.... hmmmmm.
2018-4-13
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Game_of_Drones Posted at 2018-4-13 17:26
That's the real thing - take note of the city that all those DJI components on ebay are selling from - the same one DJI is in.... hmmmmm.

Sorry mate,but i dont think i got your message.
2018-4-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-13 16:32

Some part are not being sold by DJI or their resellers so one have to look otherwise for this items.
The hatches/doors on the legs that i read OP like is being asked for, would be one of those parts, often asked for here.
Also the charger port rubber plug pop up now and then as it is not a spare for sale from DJI. I even from a thread a while ago got the impression that you can't buy the shells/legs anymore directly from SJI and their resellers.

Guess if out of warranty and want to DiY, you just have to take some chances and as done here ask for others experience.
2018-4-14
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps a list of reputable suppliers needs to be created. It is clear that DJI will not sell them directly to us. Sending our aircraft to them is an option, albeit expensive, but i wonder how much longer they will support say the 3 Pro? As others have indicated in this forum,  is DJI only after out money and as a consequence will not keep the 'older' aircraft going for long.
2018-4-14
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

embayweather Posted at 2018-4-14 04:04
Perhaps a list of reputable suppliers needs to be created. It is clear that DJI will not sell them directly to us. Sending our aircraft to them is an option, albeit expensive, but i wonder how much longer they will support say the 3 Pro? As others have indicated in this forum,  is DJI only after out money and as a consequence will not keep the 'older' aircraft going for long.

The sad part is that the P4P is not that old. I cant understand why they dont sell the parts,is absurd. Anyway,back to topic,any insight abput the legitimate look of those? Im worried.
2018-4-14
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cloudcitydrones.com in Rhode Island, USA
2018-4-14
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-14 05:24
Cloudcitydrones.com in Rhode Island, USA

Are they reliable?
2018-4-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The body shells would have to be legitimate I can't see anyone would tool up to make counterfeit body shells, there is no profit in that.

They could however be seconds that for some reason don't pass quality control.

For the leg covers just use the ones you have while waiting for the china ebay ones to arrive
2018-4-14
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

lannes Posted at 2018-4-14 05:59
The body shells would have to be legitimate I can't see anyone would tool up to make counterfeit body shells, there is no profit in that.

They could however be seconds that for some reason don't pass quality control.

About the body shell,i think you're right about the quality thing, it came with two gaps and a abnormal curve in the back where the battery should go. Wonder if that would affect the aircraft

DSC_0083.JPG
2018-4-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CM17X Posted at 2018-4-14 06:23
About the body shell,i think you're right about the quality thing, it came with two gaps and a abnormal curve in the back where the battery should go. Wonder if that would affect the aircraft

It won't affect the AC other than cosmetically, the battery is held in place by the internal composite frame
2018-4-14
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I never bought anything from them due to the attitude. They are only 5 minutes away from me. They are into several businesses. I would add that you are on a slippery slope. What you are attempting is a very delicate operation.
2018-4-14
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-14 07:25
I never bought anything from them due to the attitude. They are only 5 minutes away from me. They are into several businesses. I would add that you are on a slippery slope. What you are attempting is a very delicate operation.

I'm not changing this by myself,I'll take it to a specialized site to perform the change.
2018-4-14
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

I would agree about the seconds.  The part you show is probably a rejected part.  How the seller got a hold of those parts is anybody's guess.  When you think about it, DJI actually adds value to black market parts because they are so expensive to legitimately repair your equipment.  
2018-4-14
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Colombia

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-4-14 10:23
I would agree about the seconds.  The part you show is probably a rejected part.  How the seller got a hold of those parts is anybody's guess.  When you think about it, DJI actually adds value to black market parts because they are so expensive to legitimately repair your equipment.

Definitely a rejected part,it have some curves,like when the plastic is heated. I asked for a exchange already.
2018-4-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The leg covers are available but you must buy a set of legs, the covers are not a separate part.........
2018-4-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

CM17X Posted at 2018-4-14 10:29
Definitely a rejected part,it have some curves,like when the plastic is heated. I asked for a exchange already.

I would bet that DJI do not do their own plastic injection moulding, it will be done by someone nearby, and someone in the company is selling off the reject parts. So even if you get an exchange, it will likely be faulty in another area.
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules