Very Strange FW Upgrade
939 3 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Greetings one and all

I got a new tablet yesterday as my old iPad 4 just wasn't cutting it  anymore.  Actually, it was my wife who finally pushed me to upgrade.  I  checked the list of compatible tablets with my Phantom 4 and the Galaxy  Tab S2 was there, so that's what I got.

As soon as I turned it on it updated itself to the latest version  without a problem.  I then installed DJI Go 4.  Again with no problem.

When I turned on the RC, DJI Go 4 and the AC it showed "Not connected."   I restarted everything and still got the same "not connected" message.   I restarted the tablet and it connected.  The problem was that it there  was a very insisted message saying that I had to update the FW.  It  wasn't going anywhere until I did so.  When I first got the P4 there  were quite a few guys here that suggested that I not do the update right  away and so I was flying with the version that was on it coming out of  the box.  There were no problems ignoring the update message that would  come up when I started everything up.  But today was different... I HAD  to update.

I was going to use DJI Assistant 2 but when I connected it told me that  it couldn't update, try again.  After 7 or 8 tries it was clear that it  wasn't going to work.  And so I set it up to be done with DJI Go 4 and  it started the update.  It went up to 99% and then started giving me a  "time out-remove and reinstall the USB cable"  I did that another 7 or 8  times when it was clear that it wasn't going to work either.  I shut  everything down and went out to do some shopping.  When I got back I  plugged it back in to DJI Assistant.  Lo and behold, it finished the  install at 100%  but there was an error message as well.  I really can't  say what the error message was because I unplugged everything and it  went away and I couldn't get it back again.

I started everything up and everything was normal.  It said I had the  latest firmware and that I was ready to fly.  Everything as perfect -  IMU, both green.  Compass - green.  I auto calibrated the gimbal and  that showed as perfect.  I couldn't believe my good fortune.

Funny thing is, I shut it all down and then restarted... it showed  disconnected.  I restarted the tablet and everything was fine.  I did  this a couple of times and the only way to connect was to restart the  tablet.

Because of the weather I haven't been able to actually fly to test it  but the way it looks on my RC I would be good to go.  It just seems  strange that I have to restart the tablet in order to get it to connect.

Has anyone ever seen or had this experience?  And if so, were you still  able to fly?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2018-4-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Hi. I note that you're using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - as do I.   The following work around was suggested to me, and appears to work:           https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1245256        Hope it helps you.
2018-4-13
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-4-13 21:29
Hi. I note that you're using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - as do I.   The following work around was suggested to me, and appears to work:           https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=139562&page=1&extra=#pid1245256        Hope it helps you.

Thanks so much for this... I will certainly give it a try next time I'm out flying!!!
2018-4-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-14 11:26
Thanks so much for this... I will certainly give it a try next time I'm out flying!!!

You're most welcome.  Another thing I systematically do after flying, and before switching off the tablet, is to clear the defaults for DJI Go4 (or Litchi). I leave then as :  None set as default.
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules