952 6 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reckoner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1791768 ft
United Kingdom

Hi fellow pilots/operators.

Really need some help and advice on where I stand with getting my Inspire 2 repaired under Warrenty after having some trouble with Heliguy in the UK. So to be as breif as possible...

I bought an inspire 2 with x4s from Heliguy in the UK. Great company and very helpful with advice etc. One of the reasons why i went with them was knowing they were an official UK DJI repair centre if i ever had any issue with the inspire 2.

Bought back in early Feb 2018 and now 6 weeks or so after purchase I have 2 issues.

Issue 1. Recently I took the inspire 2 to Australia and on some flights i'm getting some Yaw/Compass issues which momentarily turns the GPS off and the Inspire 2 goes into Atti mode but then gets back into GPS mode after 5-10 seconds.

Took the Isnpire 2 for another flight after getting back form Australia which had the same issue occur.

Issue 2. However a second issue presented itself at the end of this flight where by the Inspire 2 would not enter travel mode and it appears that the landing gear is not responding. I can hear the motor powering up but it sounds as though it times out. Maybe the end stop switch?

So 2 issues. One of landing gear being stuck, i can manually move the landing gear with a screw driver but it won't move itself. And second being the compass/yaw/gps issue.

I sent the Inspire 2 back to Heliguy and they are looking to charge around £600 to fix my Inspire 2 as they say because it has marking on top of the drone it invalidates the warranty. After a bit of back and forth they have sent it over to DJI to fix the landing gear and Yaw/Compass issue under warranty but they feel that DJI will say the same because it has a few scratches on the top.

The Inspire 2 is only 6 weeks old and i'm pretty gutted if these scratches mean the whole drone is now out of warranty and I feel this is pretty harsh.

I have included an image of the offending scratches and i'd really appreciate all your honest opinion if this "damage" that happened on the first week of using the inspire is the cause of all these issues I am now having.

How did the scratches occur? I was on a test flight early one morning after having the Inspire 2 for 5 days. Completely my fault but as I was taking off I put a little input forward onto the right stick, the front right landing leg got stck in a crack on the path and the inspire quickly flipped over on the ground. It made the markings on the top but the drone had no other damage. It had no harsh impact, there are no dents and non of my flight logs show a crash from flight.

I've had 5 hours of flight time since that incident with no issues up until my final 2-3 flights where the compass/yaw issue started appearing. I had done 1 hr flight time before the inspire 2 flipped on its head... ouch! I honestly feel the issues now are not related as i've had over 30 flights trouble free since.

So Heliguy has sent my Inspire 2 over to DJI to see what they say but i'm hoping that because the drone has scratches that doesn't mean the whole bird is out of warranty. To be realistic I would be happy to pay for a replacement GPS module as clearly I have damaged the one on it. But really is my inspire 2 that badly damaged?

I'd really like to hear everyones opinion and of course the opinion of DJI on this matter.

Thanks again
Reckoner

Inspire 2 Log1.jpg
Inspire 2 Log2.jpg
Inspire 2.png
2018-4-13
Use props
craig.pearson
New
Flight distance : 228891 ft

United Kingdom

To not act under warranty I'd expect some sort of report on what  caused the malfunction and how it links to the damage but I'm guessing this wasn't supplied?

I'd be a little disappointed if DJI jumped to the same conclusion without any evidence that the incident and the malfunctions are related.

Keep us updated
2018-4-13
Use props
jonnyfoster
New
Flight distance : 217024 ft
United Kingdom

When did the landing gear issue start? Seems a bit unlikely to me that this could be related to a scratch on the top, especially as there seem to be a few Inspire 2s out there that have developed similar landing gear issues.

For the GPS/compass it'll be interesting to see what DJI say. Hopefully they'll be reasonable if you're prepared to pay for a new GPS module.
2018-4-13
Use props
Reckoner
lvl.3
United Kingdom

bump
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Reckoner, sorry for what happened, actually it is hard to say if our repair center will provide warranty service since there is obvious physical damage in the aircraft, if the drone was crashed before, there may be some potential issues, it could cause other issues one day.
Could you please provide me the case number? I will keep an eye on it.
2018-4-17
Use props
Reckoner
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Mindy.

The case number is:-
CAS-1697027-Z0M9G0

Please let me know if there is any progress. Thanks
2018-4-18
Use props