Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI worst customer service experience ever
1340 17 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc1c919eb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 694875 ft
United States

I haven't felt this livid in a long time. This all started with my P3SE when I bought it back on December 29, 2017. It had a jello effect that was very minor at first, but got worse over the months. Finally on March 17, it got so unbearable that I created a repair case. On the 23, I got it back, the jello was fixed. But now it wouldn't record to the SD card without bringing up an error. So I created another case on the 29 to get it fixed. This took considerably longer, and i got this one back on April 4. Only just now did I have a chance to mess with it. I discovered that this is not my drone, it is a completely different refurbished drone that they did not tell me that I was going to get sent a refurbished drone. This new refurbished drone still has the same SD card invalid problem. It's not me. I even bought a brand new SD card just to see if it was my card, and it had the same result. This is the last time I will ever buy a DJI product. They may make good products, but cannot back them up. I fear that if I don't demand a new drone be sent, that this cycle of sending them stuff they broke will never end and I will never get a resolution. I've tried almost every thinkable solution. Someone help please.
2018-4-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What SD card do you have?
2018-4-13
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

You got the drone back six days after creating a repair case? That would be DJI repair world record I think. I didn't know anything is possible below 3-4 weeks.
2018-4-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

If you read the DJI terms and conditions, you will find that they contain a szection that explains that your aircraft may be replaced with another refurbished aircraft, and you will not necessarily get your original aircraft returned to you.

As for the SD card error, what card do you have in the aircraft?

2018-4-13
Use props
fansc1c919eb
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-13 22:36
If you read the DJI terms and conditions, you will find that they contain a szection that explains that your aircraft may be replaced with another refurbished aircraft, and you will not necessarily get your original aircraft returned to you.

As for the SD card error, what card do you have in the aircraft?

The SD card is a SanDisk 32gb extreme plus. It is UHS 3 and has over 90mb read write speed. I bought a second one to see if it was me. The reason why I think it was so bad wasn't the time it took, it was the fact it wasn't completely fixed the first and second time, and that they didn't explicitly tell me the second time that it would be refurbished.
2018-4-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

fansc1c919eb Posted at 2018-4-13 23:14
The SD card is a SanDisk 32gb extreme plus. It is UHS 3 and has over 90mb read write speed. I bought a second one to see if it was me. The reason why I think it was so bad wasn't the time it took, it was the fact it wasn't completely fixed the first and second time, and that they didn't explicitly tell me the second time that it would be refurbished.

Have you tried formatting the SD card ?
2018-4-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe an admin can help.  I have never felt that this was a fair shake that DJI has given to owners of a brand new product.  I could understand replacement with a refurbished if it was over maybe six months old.  When you buy a new product and it's defective, then you certainly deserve another new, not used one.
2018-4-14
Use props
fansc1c919eb
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-14 04:49
Have you tried formatting the SD card ?

Oh yes I did. I tried fat, fat32, exfat, and none worked. I formatted it on the drone and nothing. I have not crashed my drone or anything. I honestly think they just ripped the new gimbal that didn't record off my old one and put it on the refurbished one. My stupid self didn't take pictures of the serial number, but it has the exact same little click on startup, the exact same little ding on the left side as the gimbal on mine.
2018-4-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansc1c919eb Posted at 2018-4-14 07:02
Oh yes I did. I tried fat, fat32, exfat, and none worked. I formatted it on the drone and nothing. I have not crashed my drone or anything. I honestly think they just ripped the new gimbal that didn't record off my old one and put it on the refurbished one. My stupid self didn't take pictures of the serial number, but it has the exact same little click on startup, the exact same little ding on the left side as the gimbal on mine.

The Sandisk Extreme Plus can be borderline on speed, same as the Ultra series. The Best are the Extreme Pro series. When formatting, always do it in the aircraft, because it knows exactly what format to use.
2018-4-14
Use props
Acepilot69
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-14 15:40
The Sandisk Extreme Plus can be borderline on speed, same as the Ultra series. The Best are the Extreme Pro series. When formatting, always do it in the aircraft, because it knows exactly what format to use.

What are the requirements for write speed on the Phantom 3 SE? The card says it has 90mb/s write speed, and it is advertised as being able to record 4K.
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Acepilot69 Posted at 2018-4-14 16:43
What are the requirements for write speed on the Phantom 3 SE? The card says it has 90mb/s write speed, and it is advertised as being able to record 4K.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. For the Phantom 3 series:

1. SD cards with write speed faster than 60Mbps and grade higher than Class 10 can be used (Take note of the write speed. Currently, most SD cards notifies only average/maximum write speed or read speed).

2. Original SD cards are preferred for the sake of compatibility. Recommended Micro SD cards are listed below:
Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card
Panasonic 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card
Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card

3. Please choose quality products. The SD card of poor quality may affect the recording.

Hope this can help, thanks! If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

2018-4-14
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-14 15:40
The Sandisk Extreme Plus can be borderline on speed, same as the Ultra series. The Best are the Extreme Pro series. When formatting, always do it in the aircraft, because it knows exactly what format to use.

Uh, no. This is a P3, not a Phantom 4 Advanced or Pro. A class 10/class one is more than sufficient.
2018-4-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa Posted at 2018-4-14 19:31
Uh, no. This is a P3, not a Phantom 4 Advanced or Pro. A class 10/class one is more than sufficient.

No, it is not. Many of the card manufacturers lie about the capability of their cards, and most advertise the maximum or burst speed, not the sustained write speed. You can argue this all you like, but put a good quality card in the camera and you won't have any problems.
2018-4-14
Use props
Acepilot69
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-14 19:55
No, it is not. Many of the card manufacturers lie about the capability of their cards, and most advertise the maximum or burst speed, not the sustained write speed. You can argue this all you like, but put a good quality card in the camera and you won't have any problems.

It's not my card. My card is a UHS 3 class card, I even bought a brand new card to test it and it had the same problem. The reason I'm here is because I'm sick of running in circles with DJI customer support. They have told me to send it back twice, and I sent it back twice. Every time it came back, it was never fixed.
2018-4-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Acepilot69 Posted at 2018-4-14 23:11
It's not my card. My card is a UHS 3 class card, I even bought a brand new card to test it and it had the same problem. The reason I'm here is because I'm sick of running in circles with DJI customer support. They have told me to send it back twice, and I sent it back twice. Every time it came back, it was never fixed.

Hopefully one of the DJI reps will come on here and provide some help.
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Acepilot69 Posted at 2018-4-14 23:11

We apologize again for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, in the previous case, the team has made test and quality evaluation before shipping out and no fault was found.
May I know if the SD card can be detected? Will the SD card be formatted and recognized by the computer? Your frustration has also been escalated to the appropriate team for attention, we will have someone to contact about the further step, thanks for your patience.
2018-4-15
Use props
Acepilot69
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-15 19:42
We apologize again for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, in the previous case, the team has made test and quality evaluation before shipping out and no fault was found.
May I know if the SD card can be detected? Will the SD card be formatted and recognized by the computer? Your frustration has also been escalated to the appropriate team for attention, we will have someone to contact about the further step, thanks for your patience.

Both memory cards (the brand new one and the previous one), were recognized by the drone and computer. The problem is that when the motors are spinning, it will bring up an sd card error and stop recording. It also does this randomly when the motors are off, but does it more when they are on. I even tested it with a 3rd SD card from a different brand, and it had the exact same problem. The one thing they did not replace is my controller, and I have ruled out all other variables. I did send my controller back each time. It does this on my S8+ and my iPad. I am able to format all 3 perfectly, and they will all record in 4K on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ with no hiccups.
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Acepilot69 Posted at 2018-4-15 20:24
Both memory cards (the brand new one and the previous one), were recognized by the drone and computer. The problem is that when the motors are spinning, it will bring up an sd card error and stop recording. It also does this randomly when the motors are off, but does it more when they are on. I even tested it with a 3rd SD card from a different brand, and it had the exact same problem. The one thing they did not replace is my controller, and I have ruled out all other variables. I did send my controller back each time. It does this on my S8+ and my iPad. I am able to format all 3 perfectly, and they will all record in 4K on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ with no hiccups.

Thanks for your clarification, our supervisor will keep following up your case and reach out to you, please wait patiently, we sincerely hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules