1987 4 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
singgiha
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3583675 ft
Netherlands

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=86813

I've been searching the web for a while and found another thread (the link above) describing gimbal problem as i have.
But there is some difference. People on that thread saying that gimbal corrected it self after re-boot the drone.
While mine otherwise, the gimbal only works as it should on the first boot. And it goes limp after the second boot and so on...
Here is the video :

Just for your information, i never had any crash or hard landing on all my drones including Phantom 4s, Phantom 3s, Phantom 3a, and Mavic Pro.

So, if you have any experience on this, please share.... Thanks in advance...

2018-4-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I agree it looks odd but what happen if you close the app and/or disconnect  the device before turning the AC on again?
There is a correct procedure for starting up and closing down the stuff, guess it also is valid on restarts. I have seen DJI recommend closing the app during battery change in order to ensure that you won't be restricted in height/distance as AC might not see you as logged in without restart of the App.
2018-4-14
Use props
singgiha
lvl.3
Netherlands

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-14 03:44
I agree it looks odd but what happen if you close the app and/or disconnect  the device before turning the AC on again?
There is a correct procedure for starting up and closing down the stuff, guess it also is valid on restarts. I have seen DJI recommend closing the app during battery change in order to ensure that you won't be restricted in height/distance as AC might not see you as logged in without restart of the App.

in my opinion there is nothing to do with the app. we're here talking about the gimbal it self. i have done it with or without the RC, with or without the app, so many times.... i just power on and off the AC only, just to find this symptom intact.... i post this video showing the app just to inform that there is no warning/error message regarding the gimbal status it self. so it brought me into conclusion that the app doesn't recognize this situation, not even some kind of "gimbal motor overload" or something else....
2018-4-14
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

I get this, but always on first boot. 2nd boot always brings it back as normal!
2018-4-14
Use props
singgiha
lvl.3
Netherlands

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2018-4-14 23:36
I get this, but always on first boot. 2nd boot always brings it back as normal!

congratulation... so you'll have your problem solved every time you need to fly.....
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules