OVERHEAT WARNING Crystal Sky High Brightnses 7.8"
1505 8 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

I recentntly bought a Cendence Controller and CS for my cameraman and we had done some in-door testing just to play with settings etc. I notices a few bugs which I have reported in a separate thread.

Today however, we took it to a local flying club to do some real outdoor testing. We are based in Dubai and it was 33 C / 91 F this morning and we were NOT in direct sunlight. We got an overheat working on the Crystal Sky after 5 mins of use or less. This is the 7.85 " 'high' brightness version - not ultra bright.

Running DJI GO 4 app version 4.2.8

Anyone when else getting experiencing this? I feel like sending everything back and asking for a refund as the advertised working conditions are 40 degrees C:

"It is able to operate in as low as -4°F (-20°C) and, with its internal cooling system, functions normally in temperatures as high as 104°F (40°C)"

2018-4-13
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

see other post in forum under CrystalSky. Also new firmware out on 04/12/2018 that may correct the overheating issue.
2018-4-14
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

bobo Posted at 2018-4-14 03:41
see other post in forum under CrystalSky. Also new firmware out on 04/12/2018 that may correct the overheating issue.

I updated the firmware yesterday... I think that is what may have caused it!!!

2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Airpixel Studio Posted at 2018-4-14 04:05
I updated the firmware yesterday... I think that is what may have caused it!!!

Hi Airpixel, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Glad to know that you have updated the firmware, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-4-15
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-15 18:04
Hi Airpixel, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Glad to know that you have updated the firmware, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!

I have the 5.5" & the 7.85" Ultra. I have never received a overheat warning on the 7.85" Ultra but what concerns me is that the fan has never tuned on yet in the 6 weeks I've used it. The 5.5" CS fan turns on all the time but sometimes makes a high pitch noise when held at certain angles.

Should I be concerned the fan has never turned on yet?
2018-4-15
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-15 18:04

DJI Diana, I think you misunderstood my response. The first time I used it, it was AFTER updating the latest firmware and I experienced the issues.

I am running another test today to confim the issue and post pictures with sun visor which arrived yesterday (even though I am testing in the shade, not sunlight)
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Airpixel, actually, the new firmware has optimized this issue, sorry to know the issue persists, I have escalated to our engineers for further attention, will keep you updated soon. Thanks for your patience.
2018-4-17
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-17 01:44
Airpixel, actually, the new firmware has optimized this issue, sorry to know the issue persists, I have escalated to our engineers for further attention, will keep you updated soon. Thanks for your patience.

Just did another test. Hovered for 15 mins. I was sitting in the shade. It was 36 deg C ambient temp outside.
No camera operator, so the cendence and CS was just sitting next to me
No overheat warning on CS

I am not sure if not having a camera operator doing things on the CS has helped though?
2018-4-17
Use props
akshayv
lvl.1

India

I have very wide feet with bunions and hammer toes. My shoes felt really comfortable as soon as I put them on, which is amazing. he size is true. The leather is nice and quality is great. They give me ankle support for my arthritis.  I suffer with bone spurs in both feet and the shoes have helped relieve the pain of simple walking.
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules