Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI - PLEASE RESPOND ON FIRMWARE FOR P4A AND PANOMODE
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi

this is a call out on behalf of all P4A owners to please respond with a more accurate update on P4A firmware.  This model is a significant investment for professionals and hoobyists alike and its fair and reasonable to expect that the updates applied to cheaper and similar models are also applied to the P4A.

In particular pano mode has been mentioned numerous times on this forum.  As other cheaper models and the well aligned P4P now have numerous other features it is obviously of great frustration that the firmware hasnt been updated since September 2017.  During this time numerous other models have had at least 1 or additional udpates.

Many of us used and are still using pages like this when making a purchasing decision - https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro?site=brandsite&from=nav but the reality is at the moment its false advertising as there are many other key differences because of the firmware updates.  People are making their purchasing decisions without the full picture but it is one which your team can rectify.

So this simple question to DJI - rather than just saying we are working on it or its coming soon please give us a definitive guide as to what is being added and when.  

thank you.
2018-4-14
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI never respond to demanding threads like this.
Just be patient and when it's available, you'll get it.

If panoramas are important to you, simply shoot them manually.
It's very simple.  You don't need automation to create panoramas.
2018-4-14
Use props
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

thanks for your comment and its not a threat just a reasonable request.  i am shooting my panos in manual but its not ideal and id love the functionality availability on lower priced and lower specced units.
2018-4-14
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Neil Henderson Posted at 2018-4-14 02:44
thanks for your comment and its not a threat just a reasonable request.  i am shooting my panos in manual but its not ideal and id love the functionality availability on lower priced and lower specced units.

its not a threat just a reasonable request.
Threat?    Who said anything about a threat?

i am shooting my panos in manual but its not ideal.

I've tried automated panoramas and I still shoot mine manually so I have full control.
I fine it's easier to get good results when I'm in control.
2018-4-14
Use props
Rvrrat14
First Officer
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

I’ll join in on the REQUEST to include Pano for P4A.........I would offer, You make an aircraft with the SAME camera of the high end model.   Looks like all functionality would be the same.   I know you added Tripod mode some versions back and it is MUCH APPRECIATED.    Hopefully, we P4A drivers will see Pano soon.  Thanks for your consideration.
2018-4-14
Use props
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

thanks for adding your thread - like you i want to keep this positive but it seems a very reasonable request
2018-4-14
Use props
Rich146
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197680 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe the Advanced really is an older P4 with a better camera that simply CAN’T have the same updates as the Pro ? Perhaps a lesson learnt for future purchase decisions ?
2018-4-14
Use props
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

good to know - out of interest where did you see these for £713???
2018-4-14
Use props
Rich146
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Neil Henderson Posted at 2018-4-14 08:32
good to know - out of interest where did you see these for £713???

Hi Neil. Maplin . There are only few left in store.
2018-4-15
Use props
Rich146
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Although I got an ‘as new’ customer return P4P from Amazon Warehouse deals for £756. Very pleased with that. At least with Amazon if you have any issues you can return it
2018-4-15
Use props
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

handy to know thanks - will check out both
2018-4-15
Use props
Safetyguy70
lvl.1

Neil Henderson Posted at 2018-4-14 07:25
thanks for adding your thread - like you i want to keep this positive but it seems a very reasonable request

Hello all. I am new to the forum and recently purchased a P4P. Please instruct or advise the best method for manual pano with my new drone. Any direction would be appreciated.
2018-5-7
Use props
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

if you search the forum they are now offeirng a beta version of the pano mode for p4a
2018-5-7
Use props
KEJ
First Officer
United Kingdom

Hi
Yes, I would also like to request that this be included/implemented in the next firmware release for the P4A.
In the meantime some interesting software that seems to do a better job than photoshop called Autopano pro for handling or creating pano shots, just starting to have a play with that in the mean time.
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules