OVERHEAT WARNING Crystal Sky High Brightnses 7.8"
750 1 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

reposting because I posted in wrong section.
I recentntly bought a Crystal Sky High Brightness (not Ultra - becuase of the issues I kept seeing online) for my cameraman and we had done some in-door testing just to play with settings etc. I notices a few bugs which I have reported in a separate thread.

Today however, we took it to a local flying club to do some real outdoor testing. We are based in Dubai and it was 33 C / 91 F this morning and we were NOT in direct sunlight. We got an overheat working on the Crystal Sky after 5 mins of use or less. This is the 7.85 " 'high' brightness version - not ultra bright.

Running DJI GO 4 app version 4.2.8

Anyone when else getting experiencing this? I feel like sending everything back and asking for a refund as the advertised working conditions are 40 degrees C:

"It is able to operate in as low as -4°F (-20°C) and, with its internal cooling system, functions normally in temperatures as high as 104°F (40°C)"

20180220_193741 (1).jpg
20180220_193741 (1).jpg
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Saw your post in the Inspire column and the issue seems to have resolved after the firmware update, right? If any issues, please keep us updated, thank you very much.
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules