TB 50 battery issues
2305 15 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John's I2
lvl.2

just looking to see if anyone has had this problem with the batteries on the Inspire 2. I bought the inspire 2 March 31, 2017 so just over a year ago, I've charged the batteries 9 times (9 cycles) and I'm getting a battery error, saying bad cell. So I have run them down and recharged them and still getting the same error. These batteries have production dates of 11/24/2016 and 11/25/2016, so I cant imagine that I would have a junk battery. When I'm charging I will get an intermittent yellow flashing light and then it will go back to flashing green and eventually solid green. Put it in the drone and I get the error and it wont let me fly.
Thank you
2018-4-14
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think there is an update coming out to correct that message.
2018-4-14
Use props
John's I2
lvl.2

OK thank you...Kind of an update. I let the battery voltage get down to 3.8v (by leaving the radio and drone turned on) and the drone would fly normal. I flew until the got down to 9%, I'm going to recharge them again and just see what happens..
Thanks again
2018-4-14
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

John's I2 Posted at 2018-4-14 11:50
OK thank you...Kind of an update. I let the battery voltage get down to 3.8v (by leaving the radio and drone turned on) and the drone would fly normal. I flew until the got down to 9%, I'm going to recharge them again and just see what happens..
Thanks again

See: https://forum.dji.com/thread-141917-1-1.html
2018-4-14
Use props
John's I2
lvl.2

Thank you Aeromirage, I'll wait for the update...
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

John, sorry for the inconvenience, please kindly wait for the update. We appreciate your patience.
2018-4-15
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-14 11:33
I think there is an update coming out to correct that message.

It's not just a messaging error. There's at least one I2 that has failed in flight as both Batteries have shut off due to this flaw in the firmware. DJI have acknowledged that they know about this fault. They have not yet issued a patched FW release or advised all I2 users not to fly with the flawed Firmware.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D415&page=1
2018-4-15
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-15 23:37
It's not just a messaging error. There's at least one I2 that has failed in flight as both Batteries have shut off due to this flaw in the firmware. DJI have acknowledged that they know about this fault. They have not yet issued a patched FW release or advised all I2 users not to fly with the flawed Firmware.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=141917&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D415&page=1

I just had that happen to my P4P Obsidian which was a month old. Flight record shows it was at 130', 28 mph, battery at 70% and fell out of the sky. No decline in height, no decline in speed, no decline in battery, wide open field with no obstructions. $1500.oo pile of plastic. Thanks for the info, the I2 is grounded now. It has the latest firmware.
2018-4-16
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-16 04:29
I just had that happen to my P4P Obsidian which was a month old. Flight record shows it was at 130', 28 mph, battery at 70% and fell out of the sky. No decline in height, no decline in speed, no decline in battery, wide open field with no obstructions. $1500.oo pile of plastic. Thanks for the info, the I2 is grounded now. It has the latest firmware.

That is really disturbing. Did you send it back to DJI?
2018-4-16
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-16 04:50
That is really disturbing. Did you send it back to DJI?

No, it is a heap of plastic. The same thing happened to another P4P in the P4P Forum the day before it happened to me.
2018-4-16
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-16 05:25
No, it is a heap of plastic. The same thing happened to another P4P in the P4P Forum the day before it happened to me.

The firmware issue that is affecting the I2 (TB50) battery is also affecting the P4P battery?  .. That could be really serious.
2018-4-16
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-16 08:55
The firmware issue that is affecting the I2 (TB50) battery is also affecting the P4P battery?  .. That could be really serious.

I am leaning towards a hardware issue because the aircraft was at the set height of 130' and 28 mph, battery at 70%. three complete loops out to 1300' with no deviations what so ever. It did not slow down or change in height, no warnings, calm day per the Airport Data, no loss of signal. It just went dead in the air. The same thing happened to another fellow in the Phantom Forum with a new  P4P. Mine was new March 1, 2018  and at the time of the crash had a total of 58 flights, 17 hours and 35 minutes for a total distance of 2,221,986' which were all uneventful until that flight entering the fourth loop and at a distance of 505' out in an open field with an excellent signal just stopped midair and fell from the sky. Fortunately the only casualty was the new Phantom. Had the been my Inspire 2 and it hit someone or something, definitely a tragedy in the making. I can picture the Lawsuits now.
2018-4-16
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

Ok, so I had a bad battery cell warning this afternoon. It's a brand new I2 package with 10 batteries. They had only been charged once. I came home and charged them in the Battery Station that I just received and there is no more error! The batteries work just fine. It's very strange. Has anyone with this issue tried to charge them in the Battery Station?
2018-4-16
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-16 17:48
Ok, so I had a bad battery cell warning this afternoon. It's a brand new I2 package with 10 batteries. They had only been charged once. I came home and charged them in the Battery Station that I just received and there is no more error! The batteries work just fine. It's very strange. Has anyone with this issue tried to charge them in the Battery Station?

Do you mean the New Suitcase  Battery Station? That is interesting. Especially as you've had the opportunity to test  using brand new batteries.  Purely speculation but, considering the timing of the onset of the fault and the release of the battery station ... I wonder if the TB50 charging firmware has been subtly rewritten  to work and communicate with the Battery Station .. but in doing so has caused a problem when charging using the hub?
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, the official firmware of Inspire 2 has been released, please check the release notes here and update at your most convenience: https://forum.dji.com/thread-144640-1-1.html
2018-4-18
Use props
John's I2
lvl.2

Ok I tried installing the FW update for my I2 and it got to 46% and the update stopped there for about an hour. I shut it down and tried the update again and now it is acting like there's nothing plugged into the USB port. I recharged the batteries and let sit overnight, when I try to do the FW update it's acting the same, as if there is nothing plugged into the USB port. When trying from my ipad I have the switch on the side of the drone up. This morning I decided to try with the DJI Assist 2 on my computer and it's acting the same way, and I have the switch on the side down, throughout all the update tries I have a flashing yellow light on the back of the drone. I did the FW update on the radio and it went perfect..Any ideas what could be wrong or for that matter what I'm doing wrong, do you think the USB port on my I2 has died. Just to be sure I have tried 3 different USB cables
Thank you for any help
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules