Help required! Missing 5.8Ghz in Mavic Air!
6566 35 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcochl
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Hello!

I'm from HK and just purchased  a Mavic Air.  It happens that I cannot select any channel of 5.8Ghz  (i.e. only 2.4Ghz available).  All RC/App/Drone firmware are the latest  ones. Could anyone pleae help me out? 2.4Ghz here is totally jammed and  the drone cant go 20meters...

30707473_10155219187866927_5758802307798007808_n.jpg

2018-4-14
Use props
Fabic
lvl.4
Brazil

Same problem here
2018-4-14
Use props
marcochl
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I've tried the following work-around:

1. Reinstall the App
2. Reconnect the RC and the MA
3. Connect iphone 8 plus to MA directly via wifi
2018-4-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried leaving it on Auto. From what I know it sits on 5.8 and switches to 2.4 if signal drops
2018-4-14
Use props
marcochl
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Suren Posted at 2018-4-14 10:36
Have you tried leaving it on Auto. From what I know it sits on 5.8 and switches to 2.4 if signal drops

yes it was auto and i never seen any 10+ channel
2018-4-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Firstly the iPhone 8 plus is not on the list has far has I know has a recommended device but I know the iPhone 8 works has I have used it with my Pro. The only other suggestion I can give is borrow a friends phone and try. If you still having the same issue hopefully an Admin will come by
2018-4-14
Use props
marcochl
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Suren Posted at 2018-4-14 10:43
Firstly the iPhone 8 plus is not on the list has far has I know has a recommended device but I know the iPhone 8 works has I have used it with my Pro. The only other suggestion I can give is borrow a friends phone and try. If you still having the same issue hopefully an Admin will come by

Thanks i will give a try on iphone se and a red mi...
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, the channel mode will be changed automatically between 2.4G and 5.8G according to the location. Thanks!
2018-4-14
Use props
marcochl
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-14 23:17
Hi there, the channel mode will be changed automatically between 2.4G and 5.8G according to the location. Thanks!

Thanks Diana!
Eventually I took mine to hk dji store and found their demo unit got 5.8ghz where mine didn't.  The support team was helpful but couldn’t fix the issue right there and require further checking.  

I suspect its a firmware issue which locked the whoel 5.8ghz band (not showing the whole band and the respective channels)
2018-4-14
Use props
marcochl
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Bro i think you might need to visit the local dji store
2018-4-14
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 2018-4-14 10:43
Firstly the iPhone 8 plus is not on the list has far has I know has a recommended device but I know the iPhone 8 works has I have used it with my Pro. The only other suggestion I can give is borrow a friends phone and try. If you still having the same issue hopefully an Admin will come by

FYI, I have an 8 Plus, and it works fine.
2018-4-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Face-AcheNZ Posted at 2018-4-15 02:37
FYI, I have an 8 Plus, and it works fine.

That's why I mentioned that I know the iPhone 8 works because I had one although it is also not on the list
2018-4-15
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

If this is FW issue, it could be potentially tested by fake GPS method, to set your phone for example to US or so. But for that you need some android device. But would be interesting if test like that will unlock 5.8 GHz.
2018-4-15
Use props
marcochl
lvl.1
Hong Kong

OK here's an update to the case:

Its a firmware issue and 5.8Ghz is back now.  The signal improved a bit in 2.4Ghz as well.  

The fundamental problem is the "regional setting" of the drone.  If the drone is in wrong region, the channels would be locked and the transmission power would be quite limited (i.e. CE only).  The sad thing is there isnt any button for users to change the region manually.

So here's how HK local support team solved the issue: Reload the firmware with dji assistant (instead of OTA) and when the drone is connected to the phone, the region setting shall be fixed . Nothing to do with ios or android.

Special thanks to the HK support team for their prompt action (2hrs only to figure it out!).
2018-4-15
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

^ A good outcome!  Good work fella  
2018-4-15
Use props
djiuser_a5vHtmZ5RNYi
lvl.1
United States

marcochl Posted at 2018-4-15 08:51
OK here's an update to the case:

Its a firmware issue and 5.8Ghz is back now.  The signal improved a bit in 2.4Ghz as well.  

Can you please help me with this. I live in the USA and can’t get 5.8. It is driving me nuts. I have an iPhone 10
2018-4-17
Use props
kamil111444
lvl.3
Flight distance : 167713 ft
Slovakia

I suffer from the same problem! Just 2,4GHz and 10 channels in the settings, I tried ot reload the firmware but it doesn't change anything in my case
2018-4-18
Use props
SgtSparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20751 ft
  • >>>

Had the same Problem ( i guess its a firmware Problem?) The RC or the Mavic Air thinks you are in a different region.
i´am on a iOS Device and solved it this way

try a Android Device (ask Family or Friends)
download the DJI Go4 App and go forward as usually
then the App should ask you something like this "you are in a different region update Wifi Settings" click Yes and it should work with 5.8 ghz

then you can go back to your main device and it should work
2018-4-18
Use props
fans1cb2616e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

SgtSparky Posted at 2018-4-18 08:21
Had the same Problem ( i guess its a firmware Problem?) The RC or the Mavic Air thinks you are in a different region.
i´am on a iOS Device and solved it this way

Thanks for this.  I had the same issue, in the US and these instructions worked perfectly.  Glad I have both Android and IOS around.

I wonder what region it thought it was is in before I did this and if it was in FCC or CE mode.  

2018-4-19
Use props
Mike 904
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3871 ft

SgtSparky Posted at 2018-4-18 08:21
i´am on a iOS Device and solved it this way

Thank You, this solution worked for me.
2018-4-20
Use props
fansc7cef43d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167 ft
United States

Mike 904 Posted at 2018-4-20 13:42
Thank You, this solution worked for me.

This is total BS that you have to go thru this after paying so much for the thing.  I don't have access to an android so I can't do the hack.  Nor is their customer service open on weekends. Best Buy wants to charge 15 % to take it back.  
2018-4-21
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft
Australia

ugly!! is DJI support aware of the issue?
2018-4-28
Use props
gekyr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 549180 ft
United Kingdom

Here is the solution that fixed my issue, as an alternative to using an Android phone which I was unable to find. Connect the RC to your PC and use an Android Emulator on the PC and run DJI GO 4 App for Android there.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=144968&pid=1331015&fromuid=1653715
2018-4-29
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Just my observation here (UK) I have not really had the chance with weather and various other commitments so been limited to the back yard where using my iPhone 7 and the MA it has always used 2.4, when I did the last update (Dji assistant) and went out to fly it was now on 5.8 had never seen that before, when the 2.4 was being used it was pretty crowded with 2.4 signals....
I took the MA to a wide open field where there was no wi-fi signal and expected it to lock onto 2.4 for the longer range and it was still on 5.8 and the only signal to be seen was me so whatever they done in that update seems to have changed something....
2018-4-30
Use props
nick at sardis
lvl.1

I have exactly the same problem as the original poster. I just purchased a new Mavic Air. I'm located in the US so FCC should be available. My DJI Go 4 screen (iPhone 7) looks just like the original post: 10 channels, no option to choose 5.8g, and on both auto and manual it remains set at 2.4g. I've reinstalled firmware on the aircraft and remote, reinstalled the app, tried it in wide open fields and in tighter city spaces, and never seen 5.8g either in auto or custom. I am very frustrated.
2018-4-30
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

Same problem. No way to change to 5.8ghz on my iPhone. It kept stuck to 2.4ghz only, despite the 2.4 band being so congested with mostly red bars, and worse than original poster, almost all my red bars are peaked. I connected to my android phone which had fake gps app installed, changed gps location so US, start up the dji go app and it prompt me I’m in different location and to reconnect drone. After doing so, i checked the connection and is now in 5.8ghz, and mostly free of interference!

I reconnected to my iphone and remained in 5.8 band. I havent gone outdoors to check whether the drone gps position will be updated correctly. In the android phone, because of the fake gps app, it’s showing current position in US....will be a mighty long way to rth...

Shouldn’t the app allow to change to 5.8ghz regardless in CE or FCC mode? From dji description that only determine the power level, and shouldn’t restrict band selection.
2018-5-1
Use props
nick at sardis
lvl.1

darrc Posted at 2018-5-1 00:21
Same problem. No way to change to 5.8ghz on my iPhone. It kept stuck to 2.4ghz only, despite the 2.4 band being so congested with mostly red bars, and worse than original poster, almost all my red bars are peaked. I connected to my android phone which had fake gps app installed, changed gps location so US, start up the dji go app and it prompt me I’m in different location and to reconnect drone. After doing so, i checked the connection and is now in 5.8ghz, and mostly free of interference!

I reconnected to my iphone and remained in 5.8 band. I havent gone outdoors to check whether the drone gps position will be updated correctly. In the android phone, because of the fake gps app, it’s showing current position in US....will be a mighty long way to rth...

What I don't understand is why using the FakeGPS app in Android fixes this problem. It tricks a drone outside the US, like yours, into thinking it's in the US, right? But I'm *in* the US and it doesn't work. So what is actually happening there? I would like to hear from DJI moderators on what is the problem; it doesn't seem to be the case that the app will automatically switch to 5.8g, and you certainly can't do it manually.
2018-5-1
Use props
fanscf061470
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207116 ft
Brazil

Hi, my video.

2018-5-1
Use props
nick at sardis
lvl.1

When connected to an iPhone, the channel mode is *not* changed automatically, it remains at 2.4G and with only 10 channels visible, even after reinstalling firmware with DJI assistant and all that. So I borrowed my brother in law's Android phone and installed DJI Go 4 on it, connected it to the Mavic Air, and immediately it updated the region and gave both 2.4 and 5.8G modes. Back on iPhone it remembers the region. So, success *if* you have access to an Android phone. Discussed in https://forum.dji.com/thread-144968-1-1.html. But this is unacceptable - not everybody has Android phones, and the hacks suggested elsewhere should not be necessary; this should be fixed in the next update to DJI Go for iOS. DJI Diana, please make this happen!

Someone in that other thread suggests it might be the Settings - Privacy - Location Services setting "Allow DJI Go to access Location..." Is this true? Mine is on, but I didn't check before using the Android phone.
2018-5-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

nick at sardis Posted at 2018-5-5 20:33
When connected to an iPhone, the channel mode is *not* changed automatically, it remains at 2.4G and with only 10 channels visible, even after reinstalling firmware with DJI assistant and all that. So I borrowed my brother in law's Android phone and installed DJI Go 4 on it, connected it to the Mavic Air, and immediately it updated the region and gave both 2.4 and 5.8G modes. Back on iPhone it remembers the region. So, success *if* you have access to an Android phone. Discussed in https://forum.dji.com/thread-144968-1-1.html. But this is unacceptable - not everybody has Android phones, and the hacks suggested elsewhere should not be necessary; this should be fixed in the next update to DJI Go for iOS. DJI Diana, please make this happen!

Someone in that other thread suggests it might be the Settings - Privacy - Location Services setting "Allow DJI Go to access Location..." Is this true? Mine is on, but I didn't check before using the Android phone.

Aloha nick,

This is the Release Notes for the Mavic Air as of the third of this month.  Up to date and the 5.8 GHz is represented as triple digit frequencies in Custom.  Choose a triple digit frequency and the setting changes to 5.8 GHz.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!

2018-5-6
Use props
nick at sardis
lvl.1

Cetacean Posted at 2018-5-6 00:43
Aloha nick,

This is the Release Notes for the Mavic Air as of the third of this month.  Up to date and the 5.8 GHz is represented as triple digit frequencies in Custom.  Choose a triple digit frequency and the setting changes to 5.8 GHz.

Yes, exactly - and hence my frustration that only iOS devices, I never saw more than the 2.4G mode or more than 10 channels; the upper digits were entirely missing.  You need an Android device to activate the 5.8G range. A new drone in the US used only with iOS seems to be stuck in the 2.4G mode.

2018-5-6
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

nick at sardis Posted at 2018-5-6 03:40
Yes, exactly - and hence my frustration that only iOS devices, I never saw more than the 2.4G mode or more than 10 channels; the upper digits were entirely missing.  You need an Android device to activate the 5.8G range. A new drone in the US used only with iOS seems to be stuck in the 2.4G mode.

It was a bug in the latest iOS DJI GO 4 app. On the latest version, released last week, it is working the way it should.
2018-5-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

nick at sardis Posted at 2018-5-6 03:40
Yes, exactly - and hence my frustration that only iOS devices, I never saw more than the 2.4G mode or more than 10 channels; the upper digits were entirely missing.  You need an Android device to activate the 5.8G range. A new drone in the US used only with iOS seems to be stuck in the 2.4G mode.

Aloha nick,

Is the iOS system using the latest firmware as indicated in the notes?  Sometimes this makes a very big difference, so it has to be confirmed.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to reply you late. May I confirm that have you solved the issue or not? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-5-8
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just scroll to left on the channel index and select 165?
2018-5-9
Use props
ricardofrancome.com
lvl.1
Brazil

Hey god night here for all. I have a Phantom 4 pro the first and it dont have any sd slot and no hdmi. But my problem is. When I turn on all and look for my freguency it is in auto mode, in 2.4ghz I saw the vertical bars , but when I put it in 5.8ghz The bars disappear. OH I have an Alientech duo chanel with no booster and no battery.. This problem happen is on my last fly and give me a esc error. I have the photo and what it says. Any help I appreciate.
2020-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules