Mavic Pro Platinum Dies Mid-flight
1125 10 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_O9GGkRtPhhMy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6686 ft

Hey all,

I  purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum drone just yesterday. I've taken it for a few flights without any issue. However on one of my flights the drone totally died mid-flight. The drone was only about 20 feet high and dropped straight to the ground. Thankfully I was flying over tall grass. The drone doesn't appear to be damaged, and the Gimbal and camera are still intact. However I have no idea why it suddenly dropped in the middle of the flight, and I'm nervous to fly it again. I took the drone up for another very small flight, to see if it would happen again but all seemed to be fine, but again, I am nervous to fly it again for fear of it suddenly disconnecting mid-flight. I have DJI refresh. What should I do now? I've been trying to send an email to DJI support but their website isn't allowing me to send the email. I click send and it just says 'LOADING'. Even though my drone isn't damaged one of the legs may have bent a little bit.

Has anyone else had this issue?  What should I do now?

Thanks,

2018-4-14
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

Did you take off with a fully charged battery.
2018-4-14
Use props
djiuser_O9GGkRtPhhMy
lvl.1

The drone battery was close to 100% but not totally full I think. The controller was over 50%.
2018-4-14
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140190 ft
United States

Did you put the sticks down into the lower outside corners?  This is the way you can shutdown the motors in an emergency. Could do it accidentally if you don't know about it.
2018-4-14
Use props
djiuser_O9GGkRtPhhMy
lvl.1

I guess this is a possibility. However, if I remember correctly I was just raising the drone without using the other stick.
2018-4-14
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Follow the instructions here and post  your log.  

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

There are lots of people here that can help with some additional information.  
2018-4-14
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

The one obvious question. Do you know there is a kill in flight possible by moving your joy sticks to certain positions? This would also be answered by uploading your logs. Once you feel you have removed humane error from question, lodge case with DJI as well.
Good luck in finding your answer
2018-4-14
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Did you receive any error messages (like ESC error or speed error) before it died mid-flight?
You need to post your flight log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ for further analysis
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. If the drone is still in warranty period, the local team will arrange data analysis after they received the package. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-4-14
Use props
djiuser_O9GGkRtPhhMy
lvl.1
United States

Thanks! I have created a case and we'll see what they say. However the more I think about it I may have killed the flight on my own. I didn't know there were controller shortcuts to do that.
2018-4-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perhaps you need to research a bit more before the next flight...
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules