Do NOT use DJI for post-warranty repair!!
3287 23 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

I have been having a terrible time with DJI over the evaluation and repair of a focus problem on my P4. I believe it has been there since new, looking at old pictures, but shame on me for not detecting during warranty period.  I tried to get DJI to see that my old pictures, taken during warranty, were also bad but they didn’t want to hear it.  Again, shame on me for not realizing the problem during warranty but also shame on them for not acknowledging that focus on P4 IS AN issue and they could at least have offered me a discount on the repair - no.  But it gets worse. My P4 is in mint shape.  Never crashed nor a hard landing.  The repair estimate included a main camera board as the reason for bad focus (why not lens?) and they also wanted to replace the left and right gears.  Landing gears? Nothing wrong with them.  Here’s where DJI deserves to be referred to the Better Business Bureau and each of the State's Consumer Protection Agencies'. They REFUSE to tell me why the gear should be replaced and they REFUSE to tell me why main camera board vs. lens. They just want me to blindly pay invoice for repair.  What? They want to charge me for something but refuse to tell me why they want to replace the landing gears??? Answer my questions or return my P4.  I’ll have it repaired by real people who will actually speak tot he customer and answer their questions.  DJI is outrageously poor with their support for after-warranty repair issues.

2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Andrew, sorry for the troubles you are experiencing, I do understand your concern, it has been forwarded and escalated to the related support team for a check, there will be an update to you soon. Sorry again for all the inconvenience, hope everything will be fine soon. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help, thank you for your good patience!
2018-4-14
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
United States

Thank you, Diana.  I PM'd you with additional details.
2018-4-16
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
United States

Update:  Finally, after having to make postings like the above, multiple calls and emails to DJI Support, and putting up with people on the support line who basically read from scripts and were not the least bit helpful, I received a call from the actual repair center about my case.  This person was with my P4 and we were able to have a regular, sensible conversation about my problems and we were able to come to an equitable agreement about how to move forward with the repair.  Perfect customer-oriented care and service.  WHY did I have to go through so much grief to get this person to call me?  If DJI Support would've honored my initial request to have the repair center call me so I can discuss with the actual technician, instead of having to go through so many go-betweens, they'd have much happier customers!  I look forward to receiving back my P4 and giving it a go.  I will provide another update after receiving it back and testing.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rfAndy Posted at 2018-4-16 07:43
Update:  Finally, after having to make postings like the above, multiple calls and emails to DJI Support, and putting up with people on the support line who basically read from scripts and were not the least bit helpful, I received a call from the actual repair center about my case.  This person was with my P4 and we were able to have a regular, sensible conversation about my problems and we were able to come to an equitable agreement about how to move forward with the repair.  Perfect customer-oriented care and service.  WHY did I have to go through so much grief to get this person to call me?  If DJI Support would've honored my initial request to have the repair center call me so I can discuss with the actual technician, instead of having to go through so many go-betweens, they'd have much happier customers!  I look forward to receiving back my P4 and giving it a go.  I will provide another update after receiving it back and testing.

Andy, thanks for your update, glad to know everything turns out to be great, we understand that there are things we need to improve and we will learn from this to keep improving our customer service, hope you will get it back soon and have a better experience with us in the future.
2018-4-16
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
United States

Final update:  I received my P4 back from repair three days after reaching a resolution with the guy from the repair center.  I didn't realize that when he said they'll just replace "it", he meant the entire aircraft.  I was expecting the camera unit to be replaced on my existing aircraft to effect the repair. I wasn't expecting to get a replacement (refurbished) airframe.  I guess it's cheaper to just replace the whole thing vs. working on individual repairs.  They charged me for what it would've cost to make the repair on the camera. I had to update firmware, activate with DJI, update airspace, re-pair my existing remote, and get a new FAA registration since I use under Part 107.  Test flight went fine.  Was getting  interference warnings and lost video a couple of times not too far out.  That aside, I took some stills and video.  Perfect.  Much better than the faulty unit I had sent in.  To end my story, I am now satisfied with the repair.  Once I made contact with the tech from the USA-based repair center who actually had my drone, things went perfectly.  My big complaint was everything that led up to that.  When deciding where to have you post-warranty service done, keep in mind that communications with DJI can be difficult and frustrating.  They need to address this.  If you have the stamina and fortitude to get through all that, you may be pleasantly surprised how they handle the actual repair.  There are choices out there:  DJI or authorized/certified service centers.  You'll have to decide which direction to take.
2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rfAndy Posted at 2018-4-21 09:09
Final update:  I received my P4 back from repair three days after reaching a resolution with the guy from the repair center.  I didn't realize that when he said they'll just replace "it", he meant the entire aircraft.  I was expecting the camera unit to be replaced on my existing aircraft to effect the repair. I wasn't expecting to get a replacement (refurbished) airframe.  I guess it's cheaper to just replace the whole thing vs. working on individual repairs.  They charged me for what it would've cost to make the repair on the camera. I had to update firmware, activate with DJI, update airspace, re-pair my existing remote, and get a new FAA registration since I use under Part 107.  Test flight went fine.  Was getting  interference warnings and lost video a couple of times not too far out.  That aside, I took some stills and video.  Perfect.  Much better than the faulty unit I had sent in.  To end my story, I am now satisfied with the repair.  Once I made contact with the tech from the USA-based repair center who actually had my drone, things went perfectly.  My big complaint was everything that led up to that.  When deciding where to have you post-warranty service done, keep in mind that communications with DJI can be difficult and frustrating.  They need to address this.  If you have the stamina and fortitude to get through all that, you may be pleasantly surprised how they handle the actual repair.  There are choices out there:  DJI or authorized/certified service centers.  You'll have to decide which direction to take.

Thanks for your feedback and advice. Your suggestion will be forwarded and we will work hard to make improvement in this situation.
2018-4-21
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
United States

Update to this story:  Upon conducting further test flights with the replacement (refurbished??) P4 that was returned to me (instead of them repairing my original drone), it turned out to be highly unstable in flight.  Do you believe they sent me a replacement/refurbished P4 that was totally defective and dangerous to fly?  Oh, but the camera worked well!!  So, now, I had to return the replacement they sent me as a replacement for my original P4 -  that flew perfectly and only had a camera issue!! It could not have been possible that the replacement was fully tested both on the ground and in flight before they sent it to me, given the problems it had.  There are many on forums warning not to buy refurbished aircraft from DJI.  All I can say is...buyer be ware!!  The replacement P4 was returned to DJI where they promptly diagnosed the issue to be a bad main flight controller module. I presume they will replace it on the same unit I had sent back.  If they send me yet another replacement, who knows what I will find - PLUS - it will cost me yet another $5 with Uncle Sam to register yet another replacement as they're commercially registered.  Of course, I will update this post once I get the 2nd repaired P4 back from DJI and conduct some test flights.  Geez!
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rfAndy Posted at 2018-5-18 03:40
Update to this story:  Upon conducting further test flights with the replacement (refurbished??) P4 that was returned to me (instead of them repairing my original drone), it turned out to be highly unstable in flight.  Do you believe they sent me a replacement/refurbished P4 that was totally defective and dangerous to fly?  Oh, but the camera worked well!!  So, now, I had to return the replacement they sent me as a replacement for my original P4 -  that flew perfectly and only had a camera issue!! It could not have been possible that the replacement was fully tested both on the ground and in flight before they sent it to me, given the problems it had.  There are many on forums warning not to buy refurbished aircraft from DJI.  All I can say is...buyer be ware!!  The replacement P4 was returned to DJI where they promptly diagnosed the issue to be a bad main flight controller module. I presume they will replace it on the same unit I had sent back.  If they send me yet another replacement, who knows what I will find - PLUS - it will cost me yet another $5 with Uncle Sam to register yet another replacement as they're commercially registered.  Of course, I will update this post once I get the 2nd repaired P4 back from DJI and conduct some test flights.  Geez!

Andy, sorry for the trouble it brings. I can understand you feel disappointed. And we will forwarded the situation to the local team and learn from this case. It is a warranty case. Please give us feedback when you get the drone. We would like to help if there is any problem.
2018-5-18
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
United States

So, rather than repairing the actual unit I had sent back for repair, they just replaced it with yet another refurb with equally unknown qualities.  Now I will have to spend yet another $5 to register with FAA due to serial number change!!    Replacement is currently in the "mail" and I will receive at end of week.  Will complete a thorough inspection and test flight along with check of video and pic quality - the original repair I had paid for. I will report findings.  Why didn't you just repair my original aircraft that I bought new and took great care of ????  Would a non-DJI repair center have just repaired my own craft and returned same to me???

This repair has cost DJI more in terms of $$ and customer satisfaction than just fixing my original craft!!
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rfAndy Posted at 2018-5-19 07:13
So, rather than repairing the actual unit I had sent back for repair, they just replaced it with yet another refurb with equally unknown qualities.  Now I will have to spend yet another $5 to register with FAA due to serial number change!!    Replacement is currently in the "mail" and I will receive at end of week.  Will complete a thorough inspection and test flight along with check of video and pic quality - the original repair I had paid for. I will report findings.  Why didn't you just repair my original aircraft that I bought new and took great care of ????  Would a non-DJI repair center have just repaired my own craft and returned same to me???

This repair has cost DJI more in terms of $$ and customer satisfaction than just fixing my original craft!!

Andy, according to our After-Sales policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired, we sincerely apologize for the continuous issues when you received it, we will report to the management department to keep improving our quality control and customers' experience. Please keep us updated if there is any further issue when you get it back.
2018-5-19
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
United States

SO Mindy, I received the 2nd replacement P4 to replace my original that needed a camera repair.  Guess what??? The 2nd replacement is also faulty, just like the first replacement.  I have now been sent two bad replacement (refurbished????) birds instead of repairing my original that only had a camera problem that I had paid to have repaired.  NOTHING else was wrong with my drone.  Now I have suffered through two replacements and will shortly return the second one for a 3rd replacement!!!  This is insanity!!!  So, Mindy, now what?  Now how much is it costing you vs. just fixing the drone I sent in originally???  I am totally fed up and I will stick to my original posting at this point.  If you want to get your drone fixed and actually get yours back, have it repaired elsewhere!!! Save yourself the major headaches I have!!
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rfAndy Posted at 2018-6-11 15:37
SO Mindy, I received the 2nd replacement P4 to replace my original that needed a camera repair.  Guess what??? The 2nd replacement is also faulty, just like the first replacement.  I have now been sent two bad replacement (refurbished????) birds instead of repairing my original that only had a camera problem that I had paid to have repaired.  NOTHING else was wrong with my drone.  Now I have suffered through two replacements and will shortly return the second one for a 3rd replacement!!!  This is insanity!!!  So, Mindy, now what?  Now how much is it costing you vs. just fixing the drone I sent in originally???  I am totally fed up and I will stick to my original posting at this point.  If you want to get your drone fixed and actually get yours back, have it repaired elsewhere!!! Save yourself the major headaches I have!!

Andy, I sympathize with your situation, I’ve reported your case to the management to see what we can do to make your experience with us better, we will have someone to contact you for details in working hours, you have our sincere apologies for all the trouble caused.
2018-6-11
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4619 ft
United States

DJI Mindy and these other so called mediators do not help in any way. They all have same canned responses. Like I keep saying, this company is a scam and crap.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Donniesmiller Posted at 2018-6-21 05:23
DJI Mindy and these other so called mediators do not help in any way. They all have same canned responses. Like I keep saying, this company is a scam and crap.

We've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-153377-1-1.html Please keep us posted there, thanks so much!
2018-6-21
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
United States

I've received my 3rd replacement P4 (refurbished).  I'm worn down.  Still doesn't auto-land like the original. Every time I try auto-land.  It stops about a foot above the ground and another screen pops up asking me if I want to land.  It should land after descending to 1 foot or so without another window popping up.  I did read that if the downward vision system has issues, it will not auto-land without asking for this confirmation.  Is that so?  Why would the downward vision system have issues? It is pavement (also tried grass).  Is that how it works?  My Mavic Air, lands without asking again if it's OK.  Why is this P4 asking me if it's ok to land?  My original didn't do that.  Do I have a problem here as well??
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rfAndy Posted at 2018-7-3 13:04
I've received my 3rd replacement P4 (refurbished).  I'm worn down.  Still doesn't auto-land like the original. Every time I try auto-land.  It stops about a foot above the ground and another screen pops up asking me if I want to land.  It should land after descending to 1 foot or so without another window popping up.  I did read that if the downward vision system has issues, it will not auto-land without asking for this confirmation.  Is that so?  Why would the downward vision system have issues? It is pavement (also tried grass).  Is that how it works?  My Mavic Air, lands without asking again if it's OK.  Why is this P4 asking me if it's ok to land?  My original didn't do that.  Do I have a problem here as well??

Hi Andrew, the landing protection was introduced by the firmware v02.00.0106. If this feature bothers you, you can disable the downward vision system to avoid the confirm. More details, please check the release note: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/20180124/Phantom+4+Release+Notes.pdf
Phantom 4 Release Note.png
2018-7-4
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
United States

Thank you, Susan.  I appreciate the explanation.  It seems that the 3rd replacement is good.  Hopefully, no further comments from me on my repair experience.  Regards.
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rfAndy Posted at 2018-7-4 02:13
Thank you, Susan.  I appreciate the explanation.  It seems that the 3rd replacement is good.  Hopefully, no further comments from me on my repair experience.  Regards.

It's my pleasure. Wish you have a good time with the drone.
2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_MUwQ2Ejxa9X0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318763 ft
Canada

Agree with title! Very good drone product but until you face a technical issue and needs to repair under warranty. They don't follow up, and they don't response to customers when ask for update. I sent 2 packages (1 drone and 1 faulty battery) to dji California, both still under warranty, and they want to charge me for the repair  of the drone due to no fault of user (!?) and claimed that they did not receive the battery!? The drone went bonkers one day, took off and start flying left and right not listening to any command you give with the RC, crashed on a fence and finally fall from the sky, only 4ish months old. Sent an email to dji support to explain this and totally no response even when asked for update numerous times. regarding the other package with the faulty battery,received an email saying they r facing issues receiving the package, showed them UPS site showing its successfully delivered n even name of employee who picked up but dji stopped responding after(!?)
2020-12-19
Use props
djiuser_MUwQ2Ejxa9X0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318763 ft
Canada

What kind of company are we dealing with here!?? And dji, where's my battery and what are you doing with the drone now!?
2020-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_MUwQ2Ejxa9X0 Posted at 12-19 21:09
Agree with title! Very good drone product but until you face a technical issue and needs to repair under warranty. They don't follow up, and they don't response to customers when ask for update. I sent 2 packages (1 drone and 1 faulty battery) to dji California, both still under warranty, and they want to charge me for the repair  of the drone due to no fault of user (!?) and claimed that they did not receive the battery!? The drone went bonkers one day, took off and start flying left and right not listening to any command you give with the RC, crashed on a fence and finally fall from the sky, only 4ish months old. Sent an email to dji support to explain this and totally no response even when asked for update numerous times. regarding the other package with the faulty battery,received an email saying they r facing issues receiving the package, showed them UPS site showing its successfully delivered n even name of employee who picked up but dji stopped responding after(!?)

Hi there, I'm deeply sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with our customer service, I have managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, it has been forwarded to the corresponding team to follow up, we'll keep you updated via email.
2020-12-21
Use props
dano3155
New
Flight distance : 229245 ft
United States

I have purchased the goggles 2 since I have downloaded all my devices the Goggkes don’t work now what use to work now I have noticed this new item when using my remote control rc2 that says binding and unbinding that won’t unbind or bind , so I call tech support and they say that is a problem that there aware of and can’t fix it. That comment ruined my Easter Sunday activity’s . I have 5 drones and the dji 4 pro before the goggles up grade . Nothing works the goggles won’t work for a remote id and the rc2 won’t work because you can’t bind or unbind. I would expect to know were I’m going after paying for the care warranty on my drones and no one can fix them!
3-31 13:02
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dano3155 Posted at 3-31 13:02
I have purchased the goggles 2 since I have downloaded all my devices the Goggkes don’t work now what use to work now I have noticed this new item when using my remote control rc2 that says binding and unbinding that won’t unbind or bind , so I call tech support and they say that is a problem that there aware of and can’t fix it. That comment ruined my Easter Sunday activity’s . I have 5 drones and the dji 4 pro before the goggles up grade . Nothing works the goggles won’t work for a remote id and the rc2 won’t work because you can’t bind or unbind. I would expect to know were I’m going after paying for the care warranty on my drones and no one can fix them!

Hi, there. We are sorry to let you know that DJI Goggles 2 is not compatible with the DJI  RC2 at present. However, we understand your request and we will give feedback to our engineers for further evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
3-31 19:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules