Lost my Mavic Air in Taiwan
1622 37 2018-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

I lost my Mavic Air when travelling to Taiwan. Already contacted DJI Support and waiting them to analyse my flight record.

Hope will have a good news!
2018-4-14
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

What happened?
2018-4-14
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

I really no idea what happen. I just download the video from my cache. I will try to post it and show you
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi kfloke, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to know that you have contacted our support for the data analysis, please feel free to let us know the update, thanks!
2018-4-14
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-14 20:31
Hi kfloke, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to know that you have contacted our support for the data analysis, please feel free to let us know the update, thanks!

Thank!
2018-4-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey man sorry to here that, you can upload your log to link below might help you understand what happened.

Just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-15 02:48
Hey man sorry to here that, you can upload your log to link below might help you understand what happened.

Just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

Hi, I upload the flight log... hope is this:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/11IYXVQKWDCOWKBBHAZ3/
2018-4-15
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Sorry for the loss, No satellites, GPS, Home Point? Why would you fly under these circumstances?
2018-4-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to see that mate! Hope you get a new one soon.
2018-4-15
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Strange. Did you take off from a cliff of some sorts. It never ever picked up one satellite according to the info you sent.
2018-4-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your loss, hope you're back up and flying soon.
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-15 03:04
Sorry for the loss, No satellites, GPS, Home Point? Why would you fly under these circumstances?

It is within my sight. Just do not know why the drone keep navigate to left while my RC stock is push to right... I doubt is the wind too strong
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

A CW Posted at 2018-4-15 04:05
Sorry to see that mate! Hope you get a new one soon.

Gotta save for few months lol
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-4-15 05:35
Strange. Did you take off from a cliff of some sorts. It never ever picked up one satellite according to the info you sent.

Yeah.. is a cliff area
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

Woe Posted at 2018-4-15 05:47
Sorry for your loss, hope you're back up and flying soon.

Sure...
2018-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kfloke Posted at 2018-4-15 02:55
Hi, I upload the flight log... hope is this:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/11IYXVQKWDCOWKBBHAZ3/

Hi kfloke looking at your log , it very much looks like you took off with very little or no gps, no long or lat is recorded on your log, so its impossible to know what kind of location you were flying in, although you were trying to make some stick movements when flying without gps stick movements should be always 100% because you are fighting the drift of your aircraft, in this situation you should always try landing as soon as you can.
I suspect your aircraft went to ATTI mode and just drifted on the wind.
You should contact dpi support and start a case.
Good Luck
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-15 06:34
Hi kfloke looking at your log , it very much looks like you took off with very little or no gps, no long or lat is recorded on your log, so its impossible to know what kind of location you were flying in, although you were trying to make some stick movements when flying without gps stick movements should be always 100% because you are fighting the drift of your aircraft, in this situation you should always try landing as soon as you can.
I suspect your aircraft went to ATTI mode and just drifted on the wind.
You should contact dpi support and start a case.

Thank mate... I already contacted DJI Support and open a case. Also sent them the flight records too. Waiting their analyses.

I gotta accept it whatever outcome
2018-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kfloke Posted at 2018-4-15 06:40
Thank mate... I already contacted DJI Support and open a case. Also sent them the flight records too. Waiting their analyses.

I gotta accept it whatever outcome

Well all I can tell you is I’ve seen similar cases go both ways, fingers crossed you will have a good outcome.
2018-4-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah hoping for the best but does not look good.  Took off with no satellites.  Looks like it crashed at 2m55.1 seconds.  Did you try and find it?  Could not of been far how fast it crashed.
2018-4-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

kfloke Posted at 2018-4-15 05:51
It is within my sight. Just do not know why the drone keep navigate to left while my RC stock is push to right... I doubt is the wind too strong

Keep in mind with no satelites it does not take much to make it drift a certain direction.  
2018-4-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kfloke Posted at 2018-4-15 05:51
Gotta save for few months lol

Bless you - never happened to me but always in the back of my mind as it can happen to any of us at any time the drone is in the air.
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-15 07:48
Yeah hoping for the best but does not look good.  Took off with no satellites.  Looks like it crashed at 2m55.1 seconds.  Did you try and find it?  Could not of been far how fast it crashed.

For sure it drop into river
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

A CW Posted at 2018-4-15 07:50
Bless you - never happened to me but always in the back of my mind as it can happen to any of us at any time the drone is in the air.

Thanks and agree
2018-4-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-4-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

My sincere sympathy for your loss!
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-15 08:19
My sincere sympathy for your loss!

Thank mate
2018-4-15
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the loss... very scary when it happens and also a bit unsettling. Like a lost dog or pet you cant find and don't know why it left.  I think you may know by now your errors and too bad it costs you a drone to learn it... the next one will be the "keeper" ;)
Again Sorry and Thanks for sharing!
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-4-15 08:26
Sorry for the loss... very scary when it happens and also a bit unsettling. Like a lost dog or pet you cant find and don't know why it left.  I think you may know by now your errors and too bad it costs you a drone to learn it... the next one will be the "keeper" ;)
Again Sorry and Thanks for sharing!

Yeah... you are damn right
2018-4-15
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

kfloke Posted at 2018-4-15 08:36
Yeah... you are damn right

I know the feeling... I lost a quad I built last year before I got the MP. Had no GPS and I mounted a FPV camera and got some goggles. Kid you not the 2nd flight I went up up up and lost signal to the camera. PaNiC! I could not regain signal and ran around in circles for minutes saying "oh no - oh no" what just happened?!?!? Total panic.. not fun at all. I did take procedures after losing signal to gain altitude and "guess" what direction it was facing when I lost signal... hopefully navigated it to a corn field outside of the residential area. I posted signs and spread the word in my neighborhood ready to take responsibility for damages and pay a reward for recovery/return. never found it again. *poof* I even used my current MP to hunt for it. Gone forever.
2018-4-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Sorry about the loss mate, next time make sure you get at least 10 sats before taking off, also use UAV app, it is very good for wing and tells of available sats in the area.
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-4-15 08:55
I know the feeling... I lost a quad I built last year before I got the MP. Had no GPS and I mounted a FPV camera and got some goggles. Kid you not the 2nd flight I went up up up and lost signal to the camera. PaNiC! I could not regain signal and ran around in circles for minutes saying "oh no - oh no" what just happened?!?!? Total panic.. not fun at all. I did take procedures after losing signal to gain altitude and "guess" what direction it was facing when I lost signal... hopefully navigated it to a corn field outside of the residential area. I posted signs and spread the word in my neighborhood ready to take responsibility for damages and pay a reward for recovery/return. never found it again. *poof* I even used my current MP to hunt for it. Gone forever.

oh my, is really not fun to thinking about it
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

Suren Posted at 2018-4-15 09:08
Sorry about the loss mate, next time make sure you get at least 10 sats before taking off, also use UAV app, it is very good for wing and tells of available sats in the area.

HI Suren, thanks for the info. Yes, I did check the UAV app before fly.. maybe luck is not on me
2018-4-15
Use props
fansfe86a921
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578701 ft
Singapore

I never take off without GPS signal.  The stability of Mavic rely more on the GPS than the camera.  
2018-4-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-4-15 08:55

Sad story my friend.  Seriously.  Too bad it was never found.  Wonder if some corn is feeding off of it now?
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-15 18:21
Sad story my friend.  Seriously.  Too bad it was never found.  Wonder if some corn is feeding off of it now?

Hahaha... I really had no idea. Do not wish to think about it anymore... lol
2018-4-15
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

GOOD NEWS!!! Got an email from DJI Support, they will warranty my drone and send me a replacement!!! Big Thank You!!!
2018-4-17
Use props
Spruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146952 ft
United Kingdom

Great news!  Although this does bring to question DJI's decision process. I've read numerous posts of probably battery fall outs by Spark owners that only had a 30% coupon but here we have what looks like pilot error (no offence to op) and full refund?

Is there something I'm not getting here?
2018-4-17
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

Spruce Posted at 2018-4-17 04:40
Great news!  Although this does bring to question DJI's decision process. I've read numerous posts of probably battery fall outs by Spark owners that only had a 30% coupon but here we have what looks like pilot error (no offence to op) and full refund?

Is there something I'm not getting here?

Hi Spruce, honestly I had no idea what happen. I send DJI Support the flight records and got email from them confirmed is a warranty case.
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules