1032 6 2018-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
391P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 418812 ft
Germany

Hello everybody.

I have my DJI Mavic Air for almost four weeks now and I'm very happy with it. There is only one detail, which I do not like. Every time you fly with the Mavic Air and the remote control, my iPhone 7 consumes at least 30 percent of battery power. So my iPhone is empty with the Fly More Combo, instead of the batteries of the drone being empty. This condition irritates me very much and I would be glad about an explanation.

Is the remote control loaded via the iPhone? It makes no sense.
Is it possible to change a setting to correct the phenomenon?

Greetings from Germany.

PS: I have already searched the forum, but found only one unanswered thread. That's why I like to get attention to the problem here again.

2018-4-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Is your phone charging from the remote?
2018-4-15
Use props
391P
lvl.3
Germany

Suren Posted at 2018-4-15 09:09
Is your phone charging from the remote?

Hello Suren.

When connecting the iPhone to the remote control, you can hear the sound that the connection has been made successfully. However, it does not appear that the iPhone is charged with power through the remote control.

The problem is, after all, that the iPhone is heavily discharged on every flight.
Is there any settings I can change? Or has someone else this problem?
2018-4-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

391P Posted at 2018-4-15 09:30
Hello Suren.

When connecting the iPhone to the remote control, you can hear the sound that the connection has been made successfully. However, it does not appear that the iPhone is charged with power through the remote control.

I fly with an IPhone and do not experience this. Seems like your remote is charging from the phone. Try using your phone cable and connect to the bottom usb port of RC
2018-4-15
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Suren is correct, when your cable is plugged into the micro USB on the side of the controller it recognizes it as a data/charge cable so it will think your phone is a power supply as well.
2018-4-15
Use props
391P
lvl.3
Germany

Hi QuadKid & Suren.

Thanks for the hint. That is not solved properly by DJI. With the connection on the side (micro USB) the connection to the iPhone is implemented "slim". With the USB port underneath the remote control it's just more complicated and not very nice.

So there is no solution about the micro USB port on the side?
2018-4-15
Use props
391P
lvl.3
Germany

Here are the pictures with the workaround. I do not like this option - the manufacturer solution of DJI was actually very good with the micro USB plug. Is it possible to solve the problem with a software update of the remote control?
How can I bring this idea to DJI?

2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules