Ipad Connection to Spark & Account Sync
1159 10 2018-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stevieob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8287 ft
Ireland

I posted already on my main thread that I connected to IPad, but I haven't used it for flight yet.

So, I was mucking aroung here and have a problem.  When I try and connect my Spark & account to IPad.... basically it is not working, on a number of counts.

So I have made 6 flights on my Spark using my phone.  I then set it up a few days ago on my IPad.  I remember now though, it took a while to get it to pair.  For some reason, it tells me every time that the password is incorrect.  Except it can't be!!!!!!!!  I eventually got it paired by using the camera, but then today when trying to pair it, I get the same incorrect password message.  I have made no changes to any passwords at all.  Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Furthermore I synced my account from my phone using the little cloud button.  I went for sync all, even thought I only bought it over a week ago..  Then Synched to my IPad.  It synched my experience points by calls them growth of value on IPad.  But absolutely nothing else, even though it says complete.  It shows no flights, footprints, distance... etc.

I'm not the best techy in the world, but I have a feeling these issues could be as simple as an issue with IPad compatability.  Has anyone else had any issues with using their IPad in connecting to their Spark?
2018-4-15
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do you have your phone powered on and near the Spark at the time you are using your iPad? Is it possible that Phone is auto connecting to the Spark?
2018-4-15
Use props
Stevieob
lvl.2
Ireland

no. not the issue.
also, might be worth noting, my phone is android, a HTC 10
2018-4-15
Use props
Stevieob
lvl.2
Ireland

Just for clarification
I have just tried to connect again with my iPad.
I cannot connect via wifi settings, even though the info is saved.  i need to go through the DJI app.
when I do, I use the camera to connect to the QR code.  it does ask me if I want to join but I get an error "Unable to join the network Spark-*****"

and my phone is turned off, all bluetooth and other connections are turned off on iPad
2018-4-15
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

so you're not using a RC?
try resetting Spark's WiFi by pressing the power button for 9 seconds (three beeps). see if that works.
2018-4-15
Use props
Stevieob
lvl.2
Ireland

no RC.  i made schoolboy error and only bought the drone and not the fly more combo

will try that reset
2018-4-15
Use props
Stevieob
lvl.2
Ireland

ok, thanks dj dread... that seemed to work
although i did get confused with the long pressing and 3 beeps.
this helped https://9to5mac.com/2017/06/21/h ... eres-how-to-fix-it/
2018-4-15
Use props
Stevieob
lvl.2
Ireland

now if anyone can help me sync my flights to my iPad that would be great please and thanks
2018-4-15
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

Stevieob Posted at 2018-4-15 12:34
now if anyone can help me sync my flights to my iPad that would be great please and thanks

try to sync them first from your previous device. but pay attention, when clicking the "cloud" icon you will be prompted to sync "All", "6 months", etc. select "All".
then use your iPad to do the same. it should work.
you do not need to be connected to Spark when syncing your flights.
2018-4-15
Use props
Stevieob
lvl.2
Ireland

dj_dread Posted at 2018-4-15 23:10
try to sync them first from your previous device. but pay attention, when clicking the "cloud" icon you will be prompted to sync "All", "6 months", etc. select "All".
then use your iPad to do the same. it should work.
you do not need to be connected to Spark when syncing your flights.

yes, i did exactly that
as i say, it synched my experience points, but that is it.  no flight info, no fly times, distance etc etc.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Stevieob Posted at 2018-4-16 01:50
yes, i did exactly that
as i say, it synched my experience points, but that is it.  no flight info, no fly times, distance etc etc.

Stevieob, could you post the comparison screenshots of flight records for better assistance?
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules