Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Connection broken when shooting RAW
692 9 2018-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canyon Mike
lvl.2

Has anyone else seen this -- about every 4th or 5th shot when shooting RAW, a "Phantom Connection Broken" message appears momentarily, then the screen returns to normal, I have a Vision 2+ using an iPhone 5. Distance doesn't seem to matter, and full control seems present -- never had a "return to home" event. Thoughts?
2018-4-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

RAW shots take up much more room on the card, and longer to write them. The aircraft is probably busy writing the file and not talking to the control unit.
2018-4-15
Use props
Canyon Mike
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-15 15:15
RAW shots take up much more room on the card, and longer to write them. The aircraft is probably busy writing the file and not talking to the control unit.

Thanks for the response. You are right. The screen takes longer to come back after I hit the shutter than with a JPEG. But, should I worry about REALLY losing the connection? As I said it only happens every 4 or 5 shots.
2018-4-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Canyon Mike Posted at 2018-4-15 15:32
Thanks for the response. You are right. The screen takes longer to come back after I hit the shutter than with a JPEG. But, should I worry about REALLY losing the connection? As I said it only happens every 4 or 5 shots.

My view would be that the interval is probably too short to cause an RTH so I would not be worried. The only thing you could do is get a faster SD card so the write process is quicker. I recommend the Sandisk Extreme Pro series.
2018-4-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would recommend the Samsung Evo just so you have a choice, but tests do show the Samsung Evo is the faster of the 2 for larger files and the sandisk is better for smaller files, but only by about 5 seconds and thats for multiple files, see this wee test here, scroll further down for an updated test

2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Canyon, may I know what's the current status? Is there any difference when changed to another SD card?
2018-4-22
Use props
Canyon Mike
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-22 20:06
Hey Canyon, may I know what's the current status? Is there any difference when changed to another SD card?

Hi Susan,

I didn't have time to change cards. It was the same card that came with the Phantom. I just switched back to JPEG for the shoot.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Canyon Mike Posted at 2018-4-23 06:27
Hi Susan,

I didn't have time to change cards. It was the same card that came with the Phantom. I just switched back to JPEG for the shoot.

All right. Troubleshooting will be helpful to check the exact status. See if there is any chance to borrow from your friends or local dealers when you are convenient. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.
2018-4-26
Use props
Canyon Mike
lvl.2

Hi Susan,

I checked the specs on the card I used and compared with those recommended here. My card is a Sandisk HC I level card, reported to have a 50MB/sec transfer speed. So its about as fast as the Samsung Evo. The Sandisk Extreme Pro offers a 90 MB/s speed so it may solve the problem. I ordered one, and will update when I receive and test it.
2018-4-30
Use props
Canyon Mike
lvl.2

Canyon Mike Posted at 2018-4-30 09:55
Hi Susan,

I checked the specs on the card I used and compared with those recommended here. My card is a Sandisk HC I level card, reported to have a 50MB/sec transfer speed. So its about as fast as the Samsung Evo. The Sandisk Extreme Pro offers a 90 MB/s speed so it may solve the problem. I ordered one, and will update when I receive and test it.

Hi All,

Good news! The Sandisk Extreme Pro seems to solve the problem. Tested today 14 successive shots in RAW with no "lost connection" message even at 200ft AGL.

Thanks to everyone on the board for your advice! Happy flying!!

Mike
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules