Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Out of control descent
2284 10 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cherschlag
lvl.1

United States

I have an F450 with Naza M V2 and it seems to fly perfectly untill it is time to bring it down.  On multiple occasions when I start to descend, it goes out of control leading to a crash.  Could this be a gain setting or something else.  When I have brought it down successfully, I have to barely have the stick below 50% making it a very slow controlled descent.  Anything more and it loses control.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
2015-5-8
Use props
Boogieman
First Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

By out of control do you mean wobble?  Also are you bringing it straight down and if so how fast?  Please use the reply so I get a alert to see your answer to my questions.  What props are you using and size?  Gain settings also.  Is the craft more heavy on one side?

Edit:  I see you say just under 50%.  
2015-5-9
Use props
rich
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197680 ft
  • >>>

Yes..reduce your gains. I had same issue and this fixed it for me
2015-5-11
Use props
cherschlag
lvl.1

United States

By out of control I mean wobble, doesn't respond to throttle or stick movements, and comes down whether I want it to or not.  Uncontrollable.  I am using stock props.  I place the battery on top so the quad is balanced.  I will look up my gains and post later.  I know vertical gain is 140 which I am assuming I need to fix?  And yes, I am bringing it straight down.
2015-5-11
Use props
Khaptin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427057 ft
United States

I too have been having a similar problem with my descent, f550. I have been just descending in a zig zag pattern rather than straight which seems to help.  but if it is an issue with the gains I'd be interested in what you learn and if you get your descent problem resolved.
2015-5-11
Use props
cherschlag
lvl.1

United States

Boogieman Posted at 2015-5-10 06:47
By out of control do you mean wobble?  Also are you bringing it straight down and if so how fast?  P ...

I forgot to reply when I answered your question.  Please check the forum.  Thanks.
2015-5-11
Use props
Boogieman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cherschlag@gmai Posted at 2015-5-12 06:46
I forgot to reply when I answered your question.  Please check the forum.  Thanks.

Experiment with your gains.  I good rule of thumb to practice is never come straight down in the wash of the props as this causes it to go through turbulent air.  I never descend straight down I zig zag as another has posted.
2015-5-11
Use props
cherschlag
lvl.1

United States

Boogieman Posted at 2015-5-12 07:46
Experiment with your gains.  I good rule of thumb to practice is never come straight down in the w ...

Just the vertical gains or others?
2015-5-11
Use props
Boogieman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cherschlag@gmai Posted at 2015-5-12 09:39

I would start with that.  I set mine all to my personal way I fly.  For a good video on how to understand gains I really liked this one.  He helped me out alot.

2015-5-12
Use props
Boogieman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

One thing to add this is a F550 but still same principle.  Do small changes fly and so forth and so on.  
2015-5-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

cherschlag@gmai Posted at 2015-5-12 09:39

I would do all of them. It is always better to go first with low gains, and raise it until it's stable.
It's better this way, because gains too high can lead to oscillations.
Gains too low it's just the slow to react to your commands.
2015-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules