Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I2 Noise
847 11 2018-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rent
Captain
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

My two-week old I2 started making a high pitched pinging, beeping-like sound (it was not actually beeping) while hovering or making gentle maneuvers. Other than the noise, it has been stable and responsive and no issues at all (~3 hours and 10 flights). This noise started occurring on my 3rd flight. Video attached.

The props are brand new, no damages, they were seated snugly without any play. When turning the props by hand, they were all smooth, no strange or clicking noise. After the flight the motors were all about the same temperature.

Anything else I can check? Is this something to be worried about?

Thanks for your input.

2018-4-15
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds normal to me
2018-4-15
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 150932 ft

That's the obstacle avoidance beeping.
2018-4-15
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-15 18:05
That's the obstacle avoidance beeping.

That I have already ruled out. As you can see / hear in the video the sound is still there when the bird is pointed away from me.
2018-4-15
Use props
daev2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

rent Posted at 2018-4-15 18:08
That I have already ruled out. As you can see / hear in the video the sound is still there when the bird is pointed away from me.

I have heard similar sounds. I can't remember if it was I1 or I2. It was prevalent at a hover but would go away as I increased throttle.
2018-4-15
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

I tried the following:

1) Hand hold the I2 and rotate. Gimbal makes noise when yawing.

2) Remove X5S from I2 and perform same hovering and yawing as in my previous video, the noise disappears.

So at this point I'm pretty sure it is the gimbal. An RMA has been filed with the vendor.
2018-4-16
Use props
TheMightyThor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

64 logged hours on my Inspire 2 and I haven't ever heard this. Make sure you check the craft settings. Seems like if there isn't any indication your bird is under stress, you should be fine,

You say you think it's your gimbal. Have you tried moving the gimbal with the salve while the bird is on the ground?
2018-4-16
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

TheMightyThor Posted at 2018-4-16 12:24
64 logged hours on my Inspire 2 and I haven't ever heard this. Make sure you check the craft settings. Seems like if there isn't any indication your bird is under stress, you should be fine,

You say you think it's your gimbal. Have you tried moving the gimbal with the salve while the bird is on the ground?

Yes at this point I'm pretty sure it's the gimbal: I get a similar sound yawing the gimbal while not flying; the sound disappears if I fly the I2 without the gimbal.

Thanks!
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rent Posted at 2018-4-16 09:34
I tried the following:

This is the correct way to troubleshoot it, could you please take a short video when you hand hold the aircraft and rotate? We will make further analysis, thanks in advance.
2018-4-18
Use props
Swooper6
lvl.1

rent Posted at 2018-4-16 09:34
I tried the following:

Shame to hear about your issue on such a new machine, rent. Hopefully warranty works quickly in your case and you can get this repaired/replaced ASAP. That was a very high pitched sound through my headphones, sounded like a bearing went, but glad you quickly diagnosed it to the gimbal.

Best of luck.
2018-4-18
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-18 03:19
This is the correct way to troubleshoot it, could you please take a short video when you hand hold the aircraft and rotate? We will make further analysis, thanks in advance.

I arranged a replacement with my dealer and have already shipped out the faulty X5S. The replacement arrives tomorrow. I will report back to confirm resolution of the issue.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rent Posted at 2018-4-18 09:12
I arranged a replacement with my dealer and have already shipped out the faulty X5S. The replacement arrives tomorrow. I will report back to confirm resolution of the issue.

OK, please let us know if there is any further issue.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules