Ronin M app doesn’t work on IPhone X
3608 13 2018-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb77abf22
lvl.2
United States

Hi DJI Mindy,

The ronin M app has been left un-updated for the iPhone X, and when you try to run the app, the bar you use to control the app moves up and out of reach (see video attached).  I have contacted dji support through phone, email, and twitter, but they all don’t want to help me, so I decided to come here.  I bought the ronin M on October 22nd from the dji online site, and planned to use it for a professional project on November 7th.  When I got my iPhone X on nov 3rd (12 days after receiving product), I found this problem on the app.  I immediately contacted dji support through online and email, and I was told (on that same day, November 3rd, 12 days after receiving my product) quote “the update to fix this issue will come very soon”.  I asked “how soon” and was told In the next month.  It’s April, 6 months after purchasing the product, and there still isn’t an update.  I still have the ronin M sitting in my closet, in the box, unused.  I would like to return it for a full refund.  Please don’t redirect me to any other platform, not email, and not twitter or online help.  the support@dji.com email is garbage, after count this: over 80 emails, no one has helped me.  This is a legal debate waiting to happen: not upgrading firmware for a device so that it is “bricked”, forcing the user to purchase an updated model.  If I need to, I will pursue a full out class-action lawsuit against dji if my product is not refunded, or exchanged for equal valued products.  stating that the update would come in the next month ok Nov 3 made me feel that I didn’t need to return my ronin m, even though I could have.  I would have returned my ronin m on nov. 3rd, but I was lied to by dji.  Please help me get started with a return so that I do not need to pursue legal action.  I have a top class team of experienced lawyers, and I am ready to sue.  Just give me the refund, and make both of our lives easier.

Justin
2018-4-15
Use props
fansb77abf22
lvl.2
United States

Link to video:  https://youtu.be/Eq6wDC5BUOc
2018-4-15
Use props
fansb77abf22
lvl.2
United States

Are there any admin here to help, DJI Thor, DJI Elektra, DJI Mindy, or someone else?
2018-4-16
Use props
gfeatherby.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1900 ft
United Kingdom

fansb77abf22 Posted at 2018-4-16 05:22
Are there any admin here to help, DJI Thor, DJI Elektra, DJI Mindy, or someone else?

Are you using the DJI Assistant app? I did a high-end shoot with a Ronin M in New York about a month ago and used the app every day on my iPhone X. No issues at all, no problem controlling everything via DJI Assistant. Hope you can get it working for you too.
2018-6-20
Use props
paul_ho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201558 ft
Germany

fansb77abf22 Posted at 2018-4-15 15:54
Link to video:  https://youtu.be/Eq6wDC5BUOc

same problem here...
very bad that DJI don´t release an update to fix that...
2018-10-6
Use props
fansf49fd37c
New
Colombia

Tengo el mismo problema, alguna solución de APP ASSITANT para iPhone X ????
2018-10-21
Use props
Denix Ramirez
New
Colombia

I have the same problem, some solution of APP ASSITANT for iPhone X ????
2018-10-21
Use props
berh
lvl.1

Hi

Have you found any solution? I have the same problem and its making me crazy. I got my clients waiting because of the app.

I tried putting it on airplane mode etc. and it doesn't work.
This is a huge problem they need to update the app.

A admin told me they are working on it with the next firmware update but sadly i don't know how long it will take, but it needs to be as fast as possible.

If anyone has a solution please let us know!

Kind regards
Kiano
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we sincerely apologize for the late response, this issue will be fixed in the next firmware update, which is under testing and will be released once it is ready, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2018-10-23
Use props
fans8c8ec0a5
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-23 00:59
Hi all, we sincerely apologize for the late response, this issue will be fixed in the next firmware update, which is under testing and will be released once it is ready, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

what's happening here? this is ridiculous.
2019-2-14
Use props
djiuser_rBB9gBhHlyh1
New

United States

Any updates? I also have the same issue. I would join you in a law suit  if this is still a problem.
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_rBB9gBhHlyh1 Posted at 4-5 06:45
Any updates? I also have the same issue. I would join you in a law suit  if this is still a problem.

Hi there, this issue has been fixed, please update the DJI Assistant APP to V1.1.30. If the issue persists, may I have the model of your mobile phone and its system version?
2019-4-9
Use props
fans10778743
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-23 00:59
Hi all, we sincerely apologize for the late response, this issue will be fixed in the next firmware update, which is under testing and will be released once it is ready, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy, I’m having the same issues for month. Unfortunately I haven’t seen any update, please let me know if there’s been a new update and where can we get it from.

Thank you
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans10778743 Posted at 5-10 02:04
Hi Mindy, I’m having the same issues for month. Unfortunately I haven’t seen any update, please let me know if there’s been a new update and where can we get it from.

Thank you

Hi there, what is your APP version? If it is V1.1.30 and the issue remains, could you please turn off the network of your phone including the WLAN and the mobile data when running the APP to see if there is any luck, thanks.
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules