1314 13 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e6461dd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359170 ft
Spain

Hello,

Two weeks ago my DJI Spark fell randomly from the sky.
According to my logs, 2.4 meters high. According to my experience, 4-5 meters high (maybe because of the inertia). According to DJI repair staff : 1.2meters. (totally not true)

DJI Repair people told me I "installed the battery wrong".

I want to ask : How can I install the battery wrong????? I just put and click the battery like the 200 times I did before.

And even more. Is DJI Spark built that way? That you can "install the battery wrong" and the drone falls from the sky a while after taking off?

DJI, do you know what I think? I think you're trying to avoid responsability.

I spent 1400€ in two sparks and now you avoid responsability for 90$....

I dont care about the 90$, but I think its not fair at all that you tell me "it's your fault"

If your drones fall from the sky, take the responsability please.

Thanks
Angel

ps. should I put glue on the battery everytime i install it?
2018-4-16
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yet another battery related incident? How long before someone gets hurt?
2018-4-16
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Angel, we're sorry for the troubles. I managed to get your case number and checking the exact status with the right team. We'll come back soon.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: We've reviewed your case again, please kindly find the data analysis result as below:

1.The aircraft was controlled by the pilot in GPS mode.
2.When T=76s, the aircraft took off. The pilot moved throttle stick upward. At T=79s, H=1.2m(only three seconds after take-off), the aircraft powered off and crashed.

Conclusion: The drone powered off within 3 seconds after take-off which indicated that the battery was not properly installed at that time.
The data analysis is based on the flight log in the aircraft, the height mentioned here is the relative height and VPS height.  According to the data analysis result, I'm afraid that it is not a warranty case. I'll attach the screenshot for your reference. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
CAS-1615817-J4B1D0.png
2018-4-16
Use props
fans0e6461dd
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 05:48
Update: We've reviewed your case again, please kindly find the data analysis result as below:

1.The aircraft was controlled by the pilot in GPS mode.

Hello Silvia,

I have two things to say and, so far, I didn't get an anwer from DJI.

FIRST : Why, if your drone chasis have a mistake on which the battery JUMPS out the drone, you still avoid responsability. Is it MY FAULT your Spark chasis error?

SECOND : Why, if my logs say 2.4m and my seigh saw 4-5m, you still have 1.2m on your logs. Is DJI app lying? Are you lying? Because, believe me, I'm not.

Thanks,
Angel

ps. honesty is the best business. And treating good and with honesty your clients
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans0e6461dd Posted at 2018-4-16 06:22
Hello Silvia,

I have two things to say and, so far, I didn't get an anwer from DJI.

Just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? Could you help us confirm?

Second, could you kindly offer the flight record of the accident and the screenshots you mentioned? We'd like to forward to our engineers for further review. Thanks!
2018-4-16
Use props
fans0e6461dd
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 19:47
Just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? Could you help us confirm?

Second, could you kindly offer the flight record of the accident and the screenshots you mentioned? We'd like to forward to our engineers for further review. Thanks!

Hello Susan

How can I download the flight logs if I dont have the drone?
I don't know how to do it

Thank you
Angel
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans0e6461dd Posted at 2018-4-17 06:02
Hello Susan

How can I download the flight logs if I dont have the drone?

I belive what Susan needs is the flight records which are saved in your APP. Here is the tutorial video for your reference:
2018-4-17
Use props
fans0e6461dd
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-17 21:23
I belive what Susan needs is the flight records which are saved in your APP. Here is the tutorial video for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKQZ-gTBXg&t=1s

Ok, Done

Looking forward your answer
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0e6461dd Posted at 2018-4-18 01:02
Ok, Done

Looking forward your answer

Please PM me your DJI account and the accident date, thank you.
2018-4-18
Use props
fans0e6461dd
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-18 01:18
Please PM me your DJI account and the accident date, thank you.

Done!

Angel
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Angel, I have replied your PM, please check, thank you.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Angel, our analysis team has double analyzed the data, as for the height you mentioned, it is measured by the Barometer, while the barometer is able to be affected by external air flow and temperature, it is normal if there is any slight difference.
Per the flight data exported from the aircraft, the aircraft power off immediately after take-off, which indicated that the battery was not properly installed at that time, the warranty service cannot be provided, thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules