Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IOC Safety
4870 13 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danno1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1043150 ft
United States

Is it safe to switch into and out of IOC mode while in flight?  If I start in IOC can I flip my switch back over to 'P' while hovering or should I land the aircraft first?
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can switch between the two.  Make sure that you don't pause in the middle unless you are ready to fly in ATTI.  You need to make sure that you enable multiple flight modes and then when you are in IOC enable CL in the App.
2015-5-8
Use props
danno1
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-9 06:22
You can switch between the two.  Make sure that you don't pause in the middle unless you are ready t ...

Thanks!  Yeah - that's what I thought might be an issue - that middle ATTI setting.
2015-5-8
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Tahoe_Ed could you explain in simple words what and how to use the IOC, newbie guy here, own an Inspire 1 and now a P3P
2015-5-9
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-9 06:22
You can switch between the two.  Make sure that you don't pause in the middle unless you are ready t ...

CL?

@leoamartinez
One thing you can do with IOC is set it up to fly like on a cable. No matter how you spin the aircraft, when you go "forward" or "backward" it will only be up and down that virtual line or "cable" if you like. It can be useful if you want to fly straight but turn the camera/aircraft  at the same time, without changing flying direction (without a fairly complicated move where you would have to smoothly adjust the directly of your flight (right stick) to accommodate for the yaw/spin of the aircraft/camera.

I would think this is especially useful on the Phantom where you can't spin the camera. On the Inspire you could accomplish this exact effect by just flying down the path/"cable" you want - and spinning the camera.

If people have other uses, I'd love to hear. It is a fairly specialized move for specific shots. But you can also use it to fly away from your (down the cable) and you can then spin/yaw the aircraft/camera at will - while just going away - and then no matter how the aircraft is pointing, you can just pull "backwards" on the right stick, and it will fly back.

Enjoy!
2015-5-9
Use props
danno1
lvl.2
United States

Here is a quck sample.  My first test with IOC.  

http://youtu.be/d9dAGEAfNpQ
2015-5-9
Use props
info.triggerair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398140 ft
United Kingdom

Recently bought a Phantom 3 Professional and impressed so far. Will IOC work indoors or do you need a GPS signal?

2015-6-2
Use props
col.lloyd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

Has there been any details about when Home Lock will be released? For me, that's the really useful IOC mode.
2015-6-2
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

l suppose it could be used if you know you're having GPS dropouts and you lose FPV. If you're beyond LOS but know you're kind of in front and to the right but don't know the craft orientation, you could fly it back to the general vicinity within earshot to pick it up, even with no GPS (l think, please correct me if l'm wrong before l try it).
2015-6-2
Use props
col.lloyd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

You're correct, GPS is not required for Course Lock.
2015-6-2
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

col.lloyd@mac.c Posted at 2015-6-3 04:35
Has there been any details about when Home Lock will be released? For me, that's the really useful I ...

When we had HomeLock (HL) for the P2V+, it was useful if you were confused about where your Phantom was and where it was pointing. Put it in HomeLock and pull back on the right stick, and it would fly towards you no matter where it was pointing.

Hopefully we get this function back on the P3 eventually.

@CaptitAn
I'm quite sure that CL and HL needs GPS? Maybe CL does not? But how else would it know how to follow the "virtual cable in the sky"?
2015-6-2
Use props
arashidi2001
lvl.1

Malaysia

danno1 Posted at 2015-5-10 12:39
Here is a quck sample.  My first test with IOC.  

flyby

how you accomplish this?, enable IOC in DJI apps and switch mode to F mode right?
2015-7-8
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

arashidi2001@gm Posted at 2015-7-9 11:31
how you accomplish this?, enable IOC in DJI apps and switch mode to F mode right?

This video for the Phantom 2 explains exactly what Course Lock is, and what it can do.

2015-7-9
Use props
arashidi2001
lvl.1

Malaysia

nfatoys@hotmail Posted at 2015-7-9 21:35
This video for the Phantom 2 explains exactly what Course Lock is, and what it can do.

course loc ...

thanks, watched this video, but this is for P2, for P3 to change to IOC and course lock mode is slightly different.
2015-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules