925 3 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HazzyD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1296 ft

United Kingdom

Hey everyone

I've been having this issue with my Phantom 3 Advanced where it thinks it's a Professional when I connect it to the DJI Go app.  If anyone else is having this issue hopefully this post will save you a lot of wasted time and effort.

Basically what happens is I boot up the RC and aircraft and the Go app opens and recognises the P3A as a P3P.  Very ocassionally it will get it right but I seriously mean ocassionally.  Then if I leave everything turned on for 10mins+ the P3A will eventually realise that it is not a Professional afterall.  For as long as the P3A thinks it is a P3P I could fly the aircraft but couldn't do anything with the camera - the controls were grey and I could see no live view.

So being the kind of person I am I fiddled around with it for ages trying everything I could think of and every tip I could find on the internet.  But had zero success.

I sent it back to DJI and in 6 days they had recieved the P3A and diagnosed the problem - they're going to replace the camera under warranty!

Wish I hadn't wasted a bunch of time but hopefully if anyone else has this issue this might save them a bit of time - take advantage of DJI's excellent returns system and customer service!

10/10 to DJI for the whole automated returns process - makes it so easy and user friendly.

The repair is being done currently but hopefully all goes smoothly from here - I'll update this when I have the Phantom back.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Glad to see everything works as expected. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us with your case number, we're happy to help.
2018-4-16
Use props
HazzyD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1296 ft

United Kingdom

Drone back and working!

It still sometimes thinks that it's a Professional when it starts up but so far it has always changed to Advanced within a minute of booting up.  Here's a photo from my flight on Saturday... good weather for a coastal shot but so windy!!
Image00001.jpg

2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HazzyD Posted at 2018-4-25 07:30
Drone back and working!

It still sometimes thinks that it's a Professional when it starts up but so far it has always changed to Advanced within a minute of booting up.  Here's a photo from my flight on Saturday... good weather for a coastal shot but so windy!!

Great capture! Nice to see the drone works well. Happy flying!
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules