Very Short Horse Camping Video
379 12 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft

Our first camping trip of 2018 with our horses was with an organization called the Monterey Bay Equestrians.  We camped at Lake San Antonio, a couple hundred miles south of San Francisco.  

2018-4-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great video    
2018-4-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice video StanfordWebbie, but just to point out 'that isn't camping' lol that's sleeping in a caravan...... I was expecting campfire, bed blankets and indian war drums .... just like in the movies.  Go and do it again, but go camping this time
2018-4-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Beautiful but very short indeed, thank you very much! ut I note that there is no drone footage through the horses ears as you had requested from me ;-)
2018-4-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video. You'll got pretty good at this.
2018-4-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Nice video
2018-4-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-16 08:50
Nice video StanfordWebbie, but just to point out 'that isn't camping' lol that's sleeping in a caravan...... I was expecting campfire, bed blankets and indian war drums .... just like in the movies.  Go and do it again, but go camping this time

Well, you're right.  The term my wife uses is ''glamping'' - Glamorous Camping.  We did do some tent camping when we first got into this, but we progressed.  Now, all our horse camping groups include a chef who prepares all the meals as well.  Retirement does have its advantages.  
2018-4-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-16 08:55
Beautiful but very short indeed, thank you very much! ut I note that there is no drone footage through the horses ears as you had requested from me ;-)

Horses are prey animals, so they perceive anything that is strange, moves, and makes noise as a thing that is going to eat them.  But surprisingly, I've flown my Mavic very close to horses and nearly all of them just flipped their cigarettes at it.  My horse wouldn't be bothered at all, but he's exceptionally stoic.  Still, there are many horse owners who are quite protective of their horses when it comes to exposing them to new things, so I'm pretty careful to keep my drone away from horses unless ALL the nearby owners have agreed that it's OK.  
2018-4-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-4-16 09:13
Well, you're right.  The term my wife uses is ''glamping'' - Glamorous Camping.  We did do some tent camping when we first got into this, but we progressed.  Now, all our horse camping groups include a chef who prepares all the meals as well.  Retirement does have its advantages.

WHAAAAAAT... a chef!.... The Duke will be spinning in his grave...... beans and biscuits, beans and biscuits

but yeah, a nice soft bed and no bugs and running hot and cold water..... camping for us oldies
2018-4-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-4-16 09:16
Horses are prey animals, so they perceive anything that is strange, moves, and makes noise as a thing that is going to eat them.  But surprisingly, I've flown my Mavic very close to horses and nearly all of them just flipped their cigarettes at it.  My horse wouldn't be bothered at all, but he's exceptionally stoic.  Still, there are many horse owners who are quite protective of their horses when it comes to exposing them to new things, so I'm pretty careful to keep my drone away from horses unless ALL the nearby owners have agreed that it's OK.

Don't mind, was just a joke as you certainly realised. I have been doing horse riding since I was 6 years old and I know that many horses are fearful too. Never ever would I go close to a horse with my drone. But great that yours is not afraid.
2018-4-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-16 09:48
Don't mind, was just a joke as you certainly realised. I have been doing horse riding since I was 6 years old and I know that many horses are fearful too. Never ever would I go close to a horse with my drone. But great that yours is not afraid.

Absolutely understood.  I was responding not only to you, but to others who might have read our posts.  I joined the Sheriff's Mounted Search and Rescue primarily for the training that our horses get as part of the unit.  As it turned out, my horse did so well that he is now designated as ''a good lead'', meaning that if another horse is afraid of some obstacle, that rider is directed to get his horse right up on my guy's tail, and then we lead them on through.  I'll post a video tomorrow of an obstacle course event that they did at our camping over the weekend.  While my guy did great on the scary things, we did poorly on some of the unusual moves that were required.  You'll see it tomorrow.  Best regards, Bob
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Cool
2018-4-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>