Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photos without definition
1863 26 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

Good nigh!

Today I tested my new P3 Pro. I have some problems with the photos and also with videos.

It seems there's no definition at all. I shoot in RAW, and videos are in 4k. In videos I have the same look, videos seems out of focus, as the pictures

Here you have 2 pics, you'll see what I mean, there's a lot of noise, no definition, and I think something is wrong.

Can you help me please? I spected very clear and sharp images, and all tests I've done, pictures don't have any definition.

Thanks a lot!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joanenricc/17432793472/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joanenricc/17248524119/
2015-5-8
Use props
spencerpearse
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Did you take off the protection film on the lens?
2015-5-8
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

spencerpearse@b Posted at 2015-5-9 05:36
Did you take off the protection film on the lens?

Yep! The lens is perfectly clear
2015-5-8
Use props
spencerpearse
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The pics in the links look good to me. What am I missing?
2015-5-8
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

spencerpearse@b Posted at 2015-5-9 05:46
The pics in the links look good to me. What am I missing?

Thanks for your answer!

I'm a photographer, always works with DSLR, and maybe it's beacause i'm new with Phantom's camera, but the fact is that I don't see this images as clear or sharp I spected, that's why I asked for your advise

2015-5-8
Use props
spencerpearse
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Have you a link that I can go to, to compare some of your usual photos against. So I can see a real comparison for my education?
2015-5-8
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

spencerpearse@b Posted at 2015-5-9 06:00
Have you a link that I can go to, to compare some of your usual photos against. So I can see a real  ...

Sure!

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/110336007

Thanks for your support!
2015-5-8
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.4
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

You are right, they are not Good.
I am photographer too, check your white balances , don't leave it on automatic, Try to set Up all in Manual mode, on each flight
2015-5-8
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

ara9112003@yaho Posted at 2015-5-9 06:04
You are right, they are not Good.
I am photographer too, check your white balances , don't leave it  ...

They are not good at all!!!

Tomorrow I'll try.

Thanks a lot!
2015-5-8
Use props
Dataway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17152 ft
United States

Those Photos also look great to me and your Pano is amazing ....
2015-5-8
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

Dataway Posted at 2015-5-9 06:06
Those Photos also look great to me and your Pano is amazing ....

Thanks!! I appreciate a lot Wishing and also hoping to do at least same good panos with the Phantom 3!
2015-5-8
Use props
spencerpearse
lvl.3

United Kingdom

joanenricc@yaho Posted at 2015-5-9 06:04
Sure!

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/110336007

Thanks for that.  My favourite was Dolmen de Pedra Gentil.

I don't think you'll get pics in that detail/hidef unless you get the a more expensive unit.  A more bespoke unit.
2015-5-8
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

spencerpearse@b Posted at 2015-5-9 06:13
Thanks for that.  My favourite was Dolmen de Pedra Gentil.

I don't think you'll get pics in that  ...

Thanks!!

I'll try! I think that this camera isn't bad at all, has a good sensor, and I'm sure that it can do great shots. But my firts tests aren't as good that they could be...
2015-5-8
Use props
spencerpearse
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Right place, Right time.
2015-5-8
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

Did you do any editing? Did you shoot in DNG?

What color-mode are you using?

I use LOG-mode - and I currently test using custom "style" with 0 sharpness, -3 contrast, -3 saturation. And then post process in Lightroom. Sometimes I also try shooting in bracketed mode (3) and then create HDR-image from the three (or five) differently exposed photos.

In my opinion the photos can use some loving to bring out the most and the look you're after. But you can get a long way. Remember, this is more like a flying "point-and-shoot" but with a fair amount of manual control. Comparing with a DSLR is perhaps stretching it. But in my opinion, you can produce something looks great for most people.

The unusual vantage point adds a lot to the photos by itself.
2015-5-8
Use props
dhills
lvl.3

United States

I don't know what your seeing but they look fine on my end, grant it you need to do some post work to make the color pop. But it looks sharp and exposed properly to me.
2015-5-8
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

If you need higher quality photos than those you have on flickr you need to get one of the S1000+ or S800 systems and use a Panasonic GH4 or some other sort of DSLR.  Neither the Gopro series nor the Inspire/Phantom built in cameras do much better than what you show on flickr.   These small sensor cameras with small fixed lenses are not DSLR quality period.
2015-5-8
Use props
mmee1992
lvl.4
United States

They look pretty good to me. But I am no professional.
2015-5-8
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

Hi guys! Thanks a lor for all your comments!!! I appreciate a lot! I would like also to appologize for my english, I have it a little rusted hehe So I'm sorry if I do any mistake.

I always shot in RAW. I tried to change custom settings but I have no option to change them. The app runs in a Samsung Tab 3, I have some options of the config that I can't change (custom settings for example)

I'm gonna do more tests, and posting them here!

Regards from Barcelona, Spain!
2015-5-9
Use props
bobasbury
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

The pictures look fine to me technically.  The subject of your "acceptable" photograph is breathtaking, while your aerial shots provided are just a lot of green.  Pretty but not exceptional.  And by the way, while the P3P takes great pictures, a DSLR will obviously have an advantage.  Other than the fact that it can't fly.
2015-5-9
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

joanenricc@yaho Posted at 2015-5-9 05:53
Thanks for your answer!

I'm a photographer, always works with DSLR, and maybe it's beacause i'm n ...

I am also a DSLR Photographer. You are never going to get DSLR quality from such a tiny sensor. However, it doesn't do too badly. You can always work the image in photoshop RAW then in photoshop itself.
2015-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are some good camera adjustment pointers out there:
I will try to find a decent explanatory vid for you to watch.

RedHotPoker
2015-5-9
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-10 07:08
There are some good camera adjustment pointers out there:
I will try to find a decent explanatory vi ...

Thanks a lot!!!!
2015-5-10
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

bobasbury Posted at 2015-5-9 20:07
The pictures look fine to me technically.  The subject of your "acceptable" photograph is breathtaki ...

Hi! Thanks! This week I'm going to find some good locations to test it These days I have what I have hehe...Also I need to be confident with the P3 in flying skills before doing  - serious - aerial footage...
2015-5-10
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.3

Spain

brianmlevy@me.c Posted at 2015-5-10 06:39
I am also a DSLR Photographer. You are never going to get DSLR quality from such a tiny sensor. How ...

Hi! Yep, that's what I think, but I was so exited watching these great promotional pics...that when I took mine, I was a little disappointed. But, it's true that I need to explore all config settings.
2015-5-10
Use props
Cheesydrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 678461 ft
United States

Clear lens, nice pics
2016-1-10
Use props
rogergolub
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

joanenricc@yaho Posted at 2015-5-10 10:14
Hi! Yep, that's what I think, but I was so exited watching these great promotional pics...that whe ...

Remember, the whole rig costs less than most professional level DSLR lenses.  It ain't a DSLR.  Like a number of other posters have said, you can get a pretty good picture and it can be an exceptional image if you use the Phantom's platform to an advantage.  But technically, any decent DSLR will create a much better technical image.

Use a custom profile or use DNG (preferably the latter).  Be very careful bringing up curves and other adjustments - the images just don't have the bit depth of a modern DLSR.  Keep the shutter speed up and the ISO down (sometimes hard to do).  Watch your histogram closely.

Basically, it takes a bit of work to get the most out of the camera.  Took me about a week of really playing with it.  Now I'm fairly happy but do get frustrated at times.  If only it was a D800....

Those promo pics are done by someone who understands the camera and the images are carefully selected to bring out the best in the system.  Nothing surprising, any competent PR company would do the same thing.
2016-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules