Spark falling out of the sky without battery problem D:
1046 11 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf23717f5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145282 ft

Hello everone reading this,
yesterday my Spark dropped from about 50 Meters to 10-15 Meters without Energy, started up again for about 2 seconds and finally crashed into the ground. The Spark survived without any damage but I‘m afraid of flying again in such a situation. If there‘s a simple solution for flying safe without this issue please tell me.
2018-4-16
Use props
fansf23717f5
lvl.1

Spark turned off and on again during flight, then crashed...

Hello everyone reading this,
yesterday my Spark dropped from 50 Meters to about 15-20 Meters without any energy, mobile blacked out, then the motors started again and finally the Spark crashed the ground. Well the Spark survived without any damage but I‘m worried about it. Did anybody hear about this issue? Is there a easy solution?
Best regards communitiy.
2018-4-16
Use props
fans16e56a69
New

Switzerland

I had the same problem at Saturday with my Mavic. I was flying for 20 minutes then switched the battery. As soon as I switched and got my Mavic back in the air, it totally malfunctioned and didn’t have any control over the drone what so ever. Even when I went full throttle down words it was still flying up words. Eventually the drone shut down in mid air at an altitude of 280 meters and crashed. I got the same error message during the flight. My battery had still 78% in it and gps was working.
2018-4-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think we would all be interested to learn from your experience.  Please upload your flight log from your phone to the following site and then post the resulting URL here.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Seeing your log files will also help others to be able to potentially provide some informed guidance rather than just guessing.
2018-4-16
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

I have not experienced this and find it weird that the motors would fire back up on their own.. I would export the data and send it to DJI for them to analyze.  
2018-4-16
Use props
fansf23717f5
lvl.1

Thank you KlooGee,
I will upload the data today.
Btw I‘ve seen all of your YouTube stuff about the spark before I bought it. Keep on!
2018-4-16
Use props
fansf23717f5
lvl.1

I‘ll contact the support as soon as possible. Hopefully nothing bad happens to our drones during the next flights!
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read your post. Please kindly contact our support and send the unit in for diagnosis. If the drone is in warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis to check the exact status. If you need any further assistance, please kindly offer your case number here, we'd like to help.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans16e56a69 Posted at 2018-4-16 13:55
I had the same problem at Saturday with my Mavic. I was flying for 20 minutes then switched the battery. As soon as I switched and got my Mavic back in the air, it totally malfunctioned and didn’t have any control over the drone what so ever. Even when I went full throttle down words it was still flying up words. Eventually the drone shut down in mid air at an altitude of 280 meters and crashed. I got the same error message during the flight. My battery had still 78% in it and gps was working.

I'm so sorry to read the crash. Has the drone been retrieved? If yes, please kindly contact our support and report the accident: https://www.dji.com/support We will arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution according to the data analysis result.
2018-4-16
Use props
FPV_Bavaria
lvl.1

2018-4-17
Use props
FPV_Bavaria
lvl.1

As you can see there's no issue until the record was interrupted and the Spark was falling down.
I'll call the support as soon as possible. Bought the Spark last week from a friend of mine. I'm receiving the invoice in about 1 or 2 days,
2018-4-17
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hmmm, that is interesting.  Is that the last log that is on your device?  You mentioned that it was flying, then dropped, then recovered for a bit, then dropped again.  Just wondering if there is a log for the bit of time where it recovered.

I would definitely suggest opening a ticket with DJI support as others have already mentioned.  My guess is that they will likely want the logs from the aircraft itself in addition to the flight records from your phone.  If you don't already have it, you will likely need DJI Assistant 2 on your computer in order to retrieve the black box data logs from the aircraft.

Please keep us in the loop as you go through the support process.  I personally haven't seen a case similar to the scenario you describe.  
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules