Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vision Plus Gimbal not working after 3.08 update
12345Next >
45607 173 2014-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brianmoniaga
New

Indonesia

Hello, my name is Brian from Indonesia. I have DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus, I bought it a month ago. Perfect product and amazing quality, I already took 5-6 flight. And finally decide it to upgrade the latest firmware 3.08. Upgrade was breeze easy, I perform the previous upgrade easily as well.

But after I update it to 3.08, the gimbal doesn't work, there is no zen imu/gimbal status on software assistant, I already perform the advance calibration, cycle power, shows nothing. I never crash it, the transmitter, battery is all OK, camera functions works fine.

Is anybody got the same problem?

Thanks,

Brian

2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.3

China

Please try to use the 3.8 Assistant software, and check the IMU firmware again.
2014-11-1
Use props
brianmoniaga
New

Indonesia

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-1 17:21

Dear Sophie,

Do you mean 3.6 assistant software? Im using mac os x 10.10
I check on dji official support (download section), for now only available in 3.6 the one that I used to upgrade the firmware, 3.08...

Thank you
2014-11-1
Use props
rasto.stolar
New

Slovakia

I have problem with Update 3.08.

I having trouble with the connection to the camera ... can not see the camera image. Error: "Connection Failed to Phantom". But I am connected to wifi. Here is a picture

Error with connect

Error with connect
2014-11-1
Use props
brianmoniaga
New

Indonesia

rasto.stolar@ce Posted at 2014-11-1 21:08

Hope DJI release the bug fix or whatever the problem is...

Hi Rasto, mine is functioning properly.. I can connect the phantom to the vision app, but the gimbal doesn't work.. how about yours?
2014-11-1
Use props
rasto.stolar
New

Slovakia

All users of DJi Phantom have problem with update 3.08. We must waiting for the next update...maybe soon
2014-11-1
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Not all users, I did the update last night and flew today just fine.
2014-11-1
Use props
jadkins
lvl.1

United States

brianmoniaga@me Posted at 2014-11-1 21:48
Hope DJI release the bug fix or whatever the problem is...

Hi Rasto, mine is functioning properl ...

Brian,
  My Gimbal is dead after the latest update also.  I tried with 3.4 and 3.6 when it came out and still not functioning.   I opened a ticket with DJI support and just heard back.   Their response is that mine will need to be RMA'd and that I need to call support during normal business hours.  Guess I will find out on Monday if they are going to fix it for me.

2014-11-1
Use props
brianmoniaga
New

Indonesia

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-1 17:21

Sophie, Is there any clue where is the 3.8 Assistant Software that you mention? This is my issue, hope the attachment makes it more clearer.

Thank you

2014-11-1
Use props
ciminojim
lvl.1

United States

Seems to be a common problem.  The hard reset and reload seems to work.  Check this threat for instructions:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-11-1
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

brianmoniaga@me Posted at 2014-11-1 23:52
Sophie, Is there any clue where is the 3.8 Assistant Software that you mention? This is my issue, h ...

Hey, on top of your program, on the banner or whats it called, it says VISION..
Mine says vision+.

So if your program recognise your phantom as a vision, you should not have a gimbal, thats why its dead.
2014-11-1
Use props
brianmoniaga
New

Indonesia

robbin.bergqvis Posted at 2014-11-2 00:06
Hey, on top of your program, on the banner or whats it called, it says VISION..
Mine says vision+. ...

Yep, I already notice that. Changed to "Vision" instead "Vision +" after the assistant software told me to power cycle the phantom..

What a pity update.. DJI should be more careful before releasing every firmware update..
2014-11-1
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

I had the same problem with mine. The very first 3.4 update was bad. At first it was there and then DJI took it out and later put it back in. After the next update it never showed up again. My gimble went dead and the critical light showed up on this brand new camera. DJI wanted me to send it in, I did not want to wait months to have it fixed. So I used parts out of my old camera and replaced the main board. Guess what works great now. Used 3.08 and updated the Zen IMU. Not complaining here just sharing.  I like to stay positive here and don't complain. Tested out today and the new features and flight were great.
2014-11-1
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
United Kingdom

The 3.6 PT2 assistant for PC worked fine for me.

2014-11-1
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

I hear ya John, For some reason the 3.4. the very first update one, burnt out my main board somehow. Or it was some kind of freaky thing.
Just glad I still had my other broken gimble.
2014-11-1
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
United Kingdom

Every cloud has a silver lining.
2014-11-1
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

Yes it does, Took it out today,and it is flying great with everything updated.
2014-11-1
Use props
tommyrogers
lvl.1

United States

I've tried everything I can find on these posts. Now mine tries to initialize over and over and makes a grinding noise. I think it is going to have o be replaced or repaired out of my realm. I can suggest two things that should be made available, one - a reset button, two - the means to backup and flash to a previous version of firmware before updating.

I've tried everything to get mine back working. From now on I will not update until it has been tried and tested. I'm trying to get someone to help me get it returned and get it fixed.
2014-11-1
Use props
wfried
New

Germany

It's the same with me. During the upgrade with the OS X Phantom 2 + Vision Assistant software, an error message came when updating the 3-axis gimbal. I was prompted to restart the phantom and repeat the update. After the restart, the software recognized my Phantom 2 Vision + only as Phantom 2 Vision and shows since the 3-axis gimbal in the upgrade choice not to. At the Phantom himself the gimbal is completely non-functional. The typical buzz is no longer heard and the camera just hangs down. In the iPhone app, the camera can still enter, but the tilt of the camera is also not possible. It is as if the gimbal would no longer exist.

I find totally annoying the problem. It is not an isolated case and should have been tested accordingly.
2014-11-1
Use props
pgoldthorpe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sophie, Is there any clue where is the 3.8 Assistant Software that you mention? This is my issue, h ...

Hi Brian. Paul here from UK
I have the same problem. Purchased and received vision plus Wed 29th Oct.
Straight out of the box I tested tilt control via vision app with my Galaxy S4 and everything was fine.
After downloading and installing firmware 3.08 the tilt function does not work.
When I try the tilt function all I get is a RED led at the top of the right hand scroll bar.
This is my first RC and as you can imagine I am scared to take flight with my £1000 Drone
fearing any other software/firmware issues.
DJI MUST resolve these issues immediately otherwise we will all grounded.
be grounded.   
2014-11-1
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

my only suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6. Try it again and see if it helps. The gimbal runs on the Zen IMU.

3.08 is in the 3.6 assistant software as the contoller update.
2014-11-1
Use props
pgoldthorpe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-11-2 06:36
my only suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6. Try it a ...

Have uninstalled/reinstalled twice on both vision assistant and the app.
Still the same issue. Even tried Vision app on my partners S4. no difference.
Done everything the book and the forums told me to do.
My head aches.
2014-11-1
Use props
brianmoniaga
New

Indonesia

pgoldthorpe@goo Posted at 2014-11-2 06:25
Hi Brian. Paul here from UK
I have the same problem. Purchased and received vision plus Wed 29th O ...

Hi Paul, I guess 3.08 firmware contain lots of bugs... From the gimbal malfucntion, tilt malfucntion, camera, battery, even the flight controller itself... Yeah mate, this is my first quadcopter as well... Only a month old... 4-5 short flight..,

Hope DJI can responsible immediately..
2014-11-1
Use props
rasto.stolar
New

Slovakia

Wait for the next update, or promote DJ Phantom distributor?
2014-11-2
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

makes me feel happy that my updates didn't kill any electronics.
so if i do an upgrade that kills the zen board as i read here in the thread, will i have to buy the new board or will dji replace it due to their faulty upgrade?
I suspect that i will never again do a update if the drone works fine now.
I kinda regret that i did this one, everything was working perfectly,  the drone was steady as a rock.  But as my thread i started yesterday says, the flight now is erratic and scary, im kinda sad
2014-11-2
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

They will have you send it in for service, more than likely.
2014-11-2
Use props
rasto.stolar
New

Slovakia

All models in the world will go into service? Another solution is not? Next update?
2014-11-2
Use props
pgoldthorpe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Brian
Paul here
I have corrected my gimbal issue try this.
Connect your Quad to laptop and open Phantom 2 Vision Assistant
Click Basic
Click RC
Uncheck Upgrade version
Check Basic version
Power OFF Quad
Then Re Power Quad

Mate I hope this works, because it worked for me.
Fingers crossed.
2014-11-2
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.3

China

brianmoniaga@me Posted at 2014-11-1 20:02
Dear Sophie,

Do you mean 3.6 assistant software? Im using mac os x 10.10

Sorry for my spell mistake... Yes, I mean V3.6 Assistant software.
2014-11-2
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.3

China

rasto.stolar@ce Posted at 2014-11-1 21:08

Hi, rasto, please try a binding again.
2014-11-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Over the last 5 days I have loaded and reloaded twice the P2 Assistant software.  There have been several enhancements over that time the last was 10/31.  I have upgraded my Vision + including all the batteries.  I am using the new Tx with tilt knob rechargeable lipo and trainer port.  As of yesterday, everything is working normally.  My Phantom 2 with H3-3D is equipped with a Lightbridge.  I can now use this Tx to connect to the Lightbridge so I do not have to haul an additional Tx to the field.  If you are having issues then I would recommend that you remove the software and reinstall from DJI's website.  Then start all over again.  It does work.
2014-11-2
Use props
brianmoniaga
New

Indonesia

pgoldthorpe@goo Posted at 2014-11-3 08:00
Hi Brian
Paul here
I have corrected my gimbal issue try this.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your tips.. But mine are already in basic version.. Double checked everything.. Unfortunately, still no go.. It's kinda pity that you have a fully functioning phantom, nice condition, camera works flawlessly... Except the gimbal...

Okay than.. I hope DJI can clarify this issue and release the fix/update software SOON....
2014-11-3
Use props
pgoldthorpe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

brianmoniaga@me Posted at 2014-11-3 23:16
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your tips.. But mine are already in basic version.. Double checked everything ...

Hi Brian
Sorry to hear what I suggested did not work..
Did you re-install the new update and Power OFF and then Power ON the Quad whist it was still connected to the Laptop?
Also did you do an ADVANCED IMU calibration afterwards?
Then Check the BASIC not UPGRADE version for the new RC.
I`m sure you did.
I will keep looking on the Net for any further advice for you.
Cheers
Paul
2014-11-3
Use props
rasto.stolar
New

Slovakia

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-3 11:58
Hi, rasto, please try a binding again.

Thank you, working properly, Everything is OK.
2014-11-3
Use props
cleber.frigo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 764180 ft

Brazil

I bought my 2 phantom vision plus yesterday, v3, and everything was working, unless the IOC, when I called the computer, called the IOC and the update took the drone system, the same thing happened to one user, Bryan was reported in another topic .

- Everything upgraded in recent versions.
- Gimbal not start or does not detect, as it was not connected.
- The camera works normally.
- The phantom usually works.

The very strange thing is that after about 10 minutes off the gimbal will work again, but if I turn off and turn on the phantom sometimes fails to rebind the gimbal and turn to the stake 0.
- May be heating problem in the gimbal system, after 20 minutes with the drone off, and called the gimbal worked after I restarted and ran 7x normal when I left a while on and rebooted, did not work again.

Could it be that the problem is just the upgrade, and we should expect a new update of the DJI?
I really believe that is heating problem in the gimbal, after upgrading to 3.08.
DJI would like to see it or if someone could inform the DJI so they can fix it as soon as possible. Thank you!
2014-11-7
Use props
silentav8r
lvl.1

United States

wfried@gmx.de Posted at 2014-11-2 05:27
It's the same with me. During the upgrade with the OS X Phantom 2 + Vision Assistant software, an er ...

Mine has done exactly the same thing. Gimbal is dead now and Assistant only recognizes it as a Vision, not a Vision +.
I have tried both the 3,4 and 3.6 Assistant software, I have reloaded the 3.08 firmware, I have checked and unchecked the Upgraded TX button. Nothing. Assistant still shows Vision not Vision +. Not new to this either. Had a Vision in February and the Vision plus since early April. Never an issue before. Mystified to be sure!!
2014-11-7
Use props
silentav8r
lvl.1

United States

ciminojim@hotma Posted at 2014-11-1 23:58
Seems to be a common problem.  The hard reset and reload seems to work.  Check this threat for instr ...

That only works for the Hero gimbal, not the Vision+

Mine is now DOA as well.
2014-11-8
Use props
Finmann
Flight distance : 356522 ft
United States

rasto.stolar@ce Posted at 2014-11-1 22:14
All users of DJi Phantom have problem with update 3.08. We must waiting for the next update...maybe  ...

Not all users, I have update my 2 days ago and everything's is working just fine
2014-11-8
Use props
omri.baumer
lvl.1
Israel

I have the same problem.
brand new phantom 2 vision+

worked nicely

upgraded the firmwares from the assistant software (3.6)
upgrading the Zenmuse firmware failed and I had to restart

since then, the assistant software said I have a Phantom 2, and I cant re-write the Zenmuse firmware since I dont have that option any more, and the gimbel does nothing (camera works)

I get the red sign on the camera scroll when trying to tilt the camera
2014-11-15
Use props
alex.lebow
New

United States

omri.baumer@gma Posted at 2014-11-15 22:24
I have the same problem.
brand new phantom 2 vision+

Same exact problem. DJI needs to acknowledge this and fix immediately!
2014-11-15
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules