Plettenberg bay Davinci test 12
528 21 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Had a trip to beautiful Pletteneberg bay today and a nice time flying around to get some footage for davinci test # 12.After editing and rendering in davinci i encoded the file in xmedia to reduce the file size by abut half for quicker uploading to YT.
If you feel like a short arial vista of a bit of plett please feel free to view and feel free also to comment and critise. - hope you enjoy.

2018-4-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Really Nice work there buddy, I found the colours rich, vibrant and perhaps pushed if but very slightly (minimal) but they draw you in to explore visually the scene further so it worked for me. And this is only my opinion, others may have different views and opinions. my only advice would be I would first calibrate your monitor for editing video and photos, often overlooked and so important for colour grading, especially important using software like Davinchi, Premiere, final cut etc.

For me the quality of the imaging is very good as expected from the pro, up to 10 seconds very sharp, and then it lost sharpness towards the houses bottom right and regained sharpness at 16 seconds, from there on in it improved exponentially and had me wanting to see more and explore the countryside/beach. The only thing that had me wanting was some of the transitions were a little too quick for the eye (my eye) to take in and explore the scene in detail, I would also perhaps push the contract if but very slightly.  but overall an enjoyable viewing experience.  Well done, I enjoyed it.

2018-4-16
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Test #12 was good with me.
Like everything I watched.

2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Great video, it's really cool and beautiful, thanks for sharing!
2018-4-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Wow bravo. #12 ROCKS. Colors, sharpness, and contrast looked really good. I did see at 1:40 over the houses looked a bit out of focus, for just a second or so. But WOW VERY NICELY DONE.
2018-4-16
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Awesome video, Thanks for sharing!
2018-4-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft

I tend to not say too much about colors since it really is such a personal thing.  Also, I'm not very artistic so I leave it to the more skilled folks to comment on that.  One thing I read in my studies of videography that I am very aware of is a comment by a pro who said to challenge every clip before publishing.  The challenge is, would my video suffer at all if I removed that clip?  It forces me to think about what my viewers will feel is important versus what I might think.  Because of that habit of challenging,  I end up using only about 10% of the clips that I originally import into my post software.  Of course, that also affects HOW I shoot to begin with.  I shoot lots of things and all over the place, knowing that I'll discard many of them.
2018-4-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru, I think with every post and editing that you have done my friend it is only getting better and better. My honest comments to you is that I love it and keep doing this. Your skills have vastly improved for the better and can only improve with time. Keep up the Good work my Friend and keep on Editing
2018-4-16
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-4-16 22:24
Bekaru, I think with every post and editing that you have done my friend it is only getting better and better. My honest comments to you is that I love it and keep doing this. Your skills have vastly improved for the better and can only improve with time. Keep up the Good work my Friend and keep on Editing

thats great to hear- thanks suren. by the time i went to sleep this morning there was no reply to my post so i was thinking hey is it so bad that no one is brave enough or wiling to make a comment.
it is a relief to know that you think it is an improvement on before.
Thanks for commenting.
2018-4-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-4-16 19:59
I tend to not say too much about colors since it really is such a personal thing.  Also, I'm not very artistic so I leave it to the more skilled folks to comment on that.  One thing I read in my studies of videography that I am very aware of is a comment by a pro who said to challenge every clip before publishing.  The challenge is, would my video suffer at all if I removed that clip?  It forces me to think about what my viewers will feel is important versus what I might think.  Because of that habit of challenging,  I end up using only about 10% of the clips that I originally import into my post software.  Of course, that also affects HOW I shoot to begin with.  I shoot lots of things and all over the place, knowing that I'll discard many of them.

Thanks stanfordwebbie - i really appreciate your input. i really appreciate it as it alludes to one aspect that i was wondering about in my clip.
Editing this new way that i do brings up some issues i did not have problems with before.
if filmed at 2 locations - during the first shoot there was cloud which make the tone a bit darker than the 2nd shoot.
I tried adjusting the darker clips to be a bit brighter which looked ok in the edit but not good after rendering.
Actually i rendered and then redited to because first round the issue looked real horrid- better the second time round although i could see that my final outcome still lacked because of it.
Real glad you pointed it out - i saw it but its good to have confirmation - thanks, appreciate it.
2018-4-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

dji TO88 Posted at 2018-4-16 18:54
Awesome video, Thanks for sharing!

thanks T088 - glad you enjoyed it.
2018-4-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-16 18:30
Great video, it's really cool and beautiful, thanks for sharing!

thanks dji diana real glad to hear you enjoyed it
2018-4-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-16 17:45
Test #12 was good with me.
Like everything I watched.

Thanks for watching houdini and thanks for the feedback. good to know you enjoyed it.
2018-4-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Woe Posted at 2018-4-16 18:33
Wow bravo. #12 ROCKS. Colors, sharpness, and contrast looked really good. I did see at 1:40 over the houses looked a bit out of focus, for just a second or so. But WOW VERY NICELY DONE.

great comment thanks woe.
Nice to hear your take or colors, sharpness and contrast. i had really hoped this video would show improvement in that regard and you confirm that there has been so i am very happy to hear that.
This clip was redited (after first rendering) because of that same clip section around 1.40.

Also  in my previous video a few clip sections were darker (at original shooting) than the others clips i mixed it with.
Trying to adjust the color of the clip to be a bit brighter to try match the others resulted in me overbaking it.
The section at 1.40 looked so much better than my first attempt but i did notice that it was 'off' -
Same issue with my last 4 edits.
The failing is in my ability to match dark clips with lighter clips but there have been noticable improvements in my handling of it.
first was beyond horrid so i binned it. Second was very obvioulsy bad but after all my work and considering this is a record of my test progress and because i was not going to do it again, i decided to post.
I very much appreciate your comment pointing this area out.
Next time it will be improved upon and maybe even better, left out.

2018-4-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-16 17:04
Really Nice work there buddy, I found the colours rich, vibrant and perhaps pushed if but very slightly (minimal) but they draw you in to explore visually the scene further so it worked for me. And this is only my opinion, others may have different views and opinions. my only advice would be I would first calibrate your monitor for editing video and photos, often overlooked and so important for colour grading, especially important using software like Davinchi, Premiere, final cut etc.

For me the quality of the imaging is very good as expected from the pro, up to 10 seconds very sharp, and then it lost sharpness towards the houses bottom right and regained sharpness at 16 seconds, from there on in it improved exponentially and had me wanting to see more and explore the countryside/beach. The only thing that had me wanting was some of the transitions were a little too quick for the eye (my eye) to take in and explore the scene in detail, I would also perhaps push the contract if but very slightly.  but overall an enjoyable viewing experience.  Well done, I enjoyed it.

thanks a stack for your valued comments.
1. Screen calibration - well there something i never heard about before - i will definately check it out. I did make some playback adjustments because the playback was too slow and laggy - ah yes and somewhere there i dropped the playback resolution to promote smoother viewing (in playback).
Is this what you mean by monitor calibration or is there a function to explore like calibrating the drone sensors?
I will research this - thanks for mentioning.
2. i also noticed issues in the darker areas - tried to adjust and have made improvements but will either improve more or if i cannot fix that issue next time will maybe be better to leave it out as stanfordwebbie mentions. the sections that looked bad were shot when there was a bit of cloud cover and i was not to fix the issue in post - i wanted to include because it offered the clip some additional perspective of the area but in the end game analysis the clip will have been better without it.
3. Transitions - i got lazy. also i was playing with matching my clip changes with the beat of the tunes. Like a first grade school child thumping out the beats on a table and trying to insert short clips to sync.
in the end it appears similar to what i mentioned to miche lat nite. my transitions (or lack thereof) did not match the tone of the clip. The clip was essentially (or intended) to be more cinematic and the quick chops gave it an over tone of hiphop. i did not blend these genres well enough - or maybe they do not belong together.
4. regarding focus on scenery. I know what i see when i watch videos and what i am looking out for (scenery wise is to be able to explore the scenery details for long enough - but no too long) but you never know what other people like or look out for unless they say.
Thanks for mentioning what you like to see - that helps me also.
Thanks very much for your comments, greatly appreciated.
2018-4-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2018-4-17
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeah I am a scene junkie, I love exploring new places that I have never seen before. Same principle applies when I watch clips, I'm taking in the scene and pow we are on to the next. As for calibrating the monitor, it's important I assure you, YouTube is awash with tutorials how to do it for free and well worth doing. pssssssst dont tell anyone  
2018-4-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Great footage indeed, thank you! And you are progressing really fast in your editing skills.
2018-4-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-17 00:20
thats great to hear- thanks suren. by the time i went to sleep this morning there was no reply to my post so i was thinking hey is it so bad that no one is brave enough or wiling to make a comment.
it is a relief to know that you think it is an improvement on before.
Thanks for commenting.

Sorry Bro, went to sleep a little early
2018-4-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-4-17 03:16
Sorry Bro, went to sleep a little early

i had all the makings for an early night - still ended up being another 3am session.
2018-4-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-17 02:43
Great footage indeed, thank you! And you are progressing really fast in your editing skills.

hey thanks a lot - this is so good to hear - i appreciate your comment.
2018-4-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-17 01:05
great comment thanks woe.
Nice to hear your take or colors, sharpness and contrast. i had really hoped this video would show improvement in that regard and you confirm that there has been so i am very happy to hear that.
This clip was redited (after first rendering) because of that same clip section around 1.40.

I admire your determination. From what I can see it only gets better. Keep up the good work.
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules