https://youtu.be/5ugarE3Ol2o

Watch my video for explanation
2018-4-16
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Very sorry to hear that and its great that they even offered the free spark in the first place, dji normally doesnt do that from what ive seen. This hasn't been a issue for me and many others. There was a poll made a few months ago which had the following options
1) no battery holder needed (im not worried because it wont fall out)
2) I have or will buy a battery holder (I am worried)
I cant find the link but I remember out of almost 100-200+ people that voted, there was only 3-6 people that picked option 2
I think since it was your first time with the spark, you didnt know that this was a issue and u had to make sure that the clips on either side of the battery were engaged
Anyways, Happy flying!
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for your loss. I managed to get your case number via the Forum info. Per the case log, it is a warranty case according to the data analysis result. Therefore, we will offer you a free replacement for the same model. According to the policy, it is not available to change to other models, sorry about this. The new unit will be checked and tested before leaving the factory. Also, it is recommended to do a fully pre-flight checklist every time to ensure the flight safety. In case any unfortunate happens, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution. Hope for your understanding.
2018-4-16
Use props
fans3711f0b8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18930 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 22:35
Sorry for your loss. I managed to get your case number via the Forum info. Per the case log, it is a warranty case according to the data analysis result. Therefore, we will offer you a free replacement for the same model. According to the policy, it is not available to change to other models, sorry about this. The new unit will be checked and tested before leaving the factory. Also, it is recommended to do a fully pre-flight checklist every time to ensure the flight safety. In case any unfortunate happens, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution. Hope for your understanding.

The thing is I was on vacation and you caused an inconvenience. A safety flight at the DJI factory doesn't mean that this won't happen when I get it. I had flown my spark about 16 times before this occurred. It is not a safe product and I need to be given the next closest product. It was DJI's fault as your analysis showed. A good business would take care of their customers.
2018-4-17
Use props
fans3711f0b8
lvl.1
United States

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-4-16 15:05
Very sorry to hear that and its great that they even offered the free spark in the first place, dji normally doesnt do that from what ive seen. This hasn't been a issue for me and many others. There was a poll made a few months ago which had the following options

It was not my first time. I had flown it many times. They looked at my flight records. The battery was clipped all the way in. The drone is very powerful and the clips don't hold up if it shakes sideways. It was determined it was not user error.
2018-4-17
Use props
fans3711f0b8
lvl.1
United States

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-4-16 15:05

And if it is a known issue with the drone, why don't they have a recall and fix the problem rather than continue to sell the product. If you buy a car and the transmission has many problems with engaging properly, they would recall it, not acknowledge theres a problem and do nothing about it.
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans3711f0b8 Posted at 2018-4-17 04:31
The thing is I was on vacation and you caused an inconvenience. A safety flight at the DJI factory doesn't mean that this won't happen when I get it. I had flown my spark about 16 times before this occurred. It is not a safe product and I need to be given the next closest product. It was DJI's fault as your analysis showed. A good business would take care of their customers.

We apologize again for the inconvenience that has been caused to your vacation, we do care about our customer's experience, we will send you coupon very soon and then you can purchase a brand-new one from our online store, the drone will be fully tested and no worries. We will also keep improving our products.
2018-4-18
Use props
fans3711f0b8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-18 02:46
We apologize again for the inconvenience that has been caused to your vacation, we do care about our customer's experience, we will send you coupon very soon and then you can purchase a brand-new one from our online store, the drone will be fully tested and no worries. We will also keep improving our products.

I want to know exactly what has been done to the physical nature of the spark in the past 2 months that will prevent this from happening again. I can’t be liable if it falls and kills someone. In addition, I had a $20 SD card it it. By you offering me a 100% coupon, you are giving the same faulty product, ruined my vacation, and I still lose $20.
2018-4-18
Use props
Ph65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314199 ft
United States

fans3711f0b8 Posted at 2018-4-18 05:08
I want to know exactly what has been done to the physical nature of the spark in the past 2 months that will prevent this from happening again. I can’t be liable if it falls and kills someone. In addition, I had a $20 SD card it it. By you offering me a 100% coupon, you are giving the same faulty product, ruined my vacation, and I still lose $20.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-138264-1-1.html

Not saying same issue as here, however dropping from the sky and not properly inserting battery not necessarily true.

2018-4-18
Use props
fans3711f0b8
lvl.1
United States

Ph65 Posted at 2018-4-18 07:12
https://forum.dji.com/thread-138264-1-1.html

It was confirmed that it was not user error, I have had drones for many years and I know how to properly insert batteries. It was a manufactured error.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans3711f0b8 Posted at 2018-4-18 05:08

We sincerely apologize for the troubles. Your case has been escalated to the management for further review. They will double check and contact you in the working time. Thanks for your patience.
2018-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules