Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OM2 Panorama Test
1442 8 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There have been other posts about the resolution of panoramas stitched by the OM2 app, they are ridiculously inadequate and need to be addressed in a firmware update ASAP. Further, the DJI Go app options for panoramas seems to have gone seriously backwards, there were initially many more options and we are now limited to just 3. Why remove functionality DJI?!?
I tested the third panorama option (not sure what to call it, maybe 180 degree) i.e.

IMG_4118.png

The gimbal was handheld and DJI Go stitching missed in a few places on the horizon, I suspect that this means I might need to calibrate my horizon?

IMG_4116A.jpg

I am hoping DJI fix the resolution issue of panoramas, because one of their featured selling points was the ability to use OM2 for high resolution panoramas, .. currently that is not possible unless you stitch the images yourself.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi forbsie, we have optimized the Pano Mode, the previous functions are still there, I have made a small chart for a better explanation, hope it helps. GTScreenshot_20180417_152521.png
For the pano resolution, it can be selected in Camera Settings, please select 'high' quality or please pitch the picture via the third party program, thanks for your understanding.
GTScreenshot_20180417_152559.png
2018-4-16
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-16 23:27
Hi forbsie, we have optimized the Pano Mode, the previous functions are still there, I have made a small chart for a better explanation, hope it helps.[view_image]
For the pano resolution, it can be selected in Camera Settings, please select 'high' quality or please pitch the picture via the third party program, thanks for your understanding.
[view_image]

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the explanation.

I do have the quality set to high, and the resolution of these modes is still way lower than I would expect. I will try stitching using a 3rd party program and see how that goes.
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

forbsie Posted at 2018-4-17 00:05
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the explanation.

You are welcome, if you are still not satisfied with the high resolution, I'm afraid stitching with the third party program is the only method at this moment, please let us know if there are any further issues.
2018-4-17
Use props
DaveDowngrade
New
Germany

Same here with the iPhone 8. I've found the "RAW" pictures on the iPhone (via iTunes) but it was disappointing,too. Just Jpegs with a bit higher resolution. I hope they will fix that or I have to return my new osmo mobile 2

The stitching is good but the resolution should be higher.
2018-6-9
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
   Even on a samsung it does not allow me to take pictures in the pro mode where I can shoot in RAW, this is very disappointing.
2018-6-10
Use props
Grinulf
New

Sweden

Please give us the numbers of the resolution of the stitched panoramas.
2018-6-13
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Grinulf Posted at 2018-6-13 12:17
Please give us the numbers of the resolution of the stitched panoramas.

The pano was taken on an iPhone 6 and is 3 x 9, the resulting resolution is 5079 x 1260. Given that an individual photo on an iPhone 6 is 3264 x 2448, the resulting panorama is ridiculously undersized.

Their website states ...

"Adventures allow us to stumble upon breathtaking landscapes and stunning architecture. Relive
these moments with high-definition panoramas."

This is patently false advertising! I am very disappointed with the pano functions of the OM2. I understand that the resulting pano size will depend on the ability of the phone to process the images, but why give us a result that is essentially no bigger than a single native photo
2018-6-13
Use props
pauland
lvl.1
United Kingdom

forbsie Posted at 2018-6-13 15:10
The pano was taken on an iPhone 6 and is 3 x 9, the resulting resolution is 5079 x 1260. Given that an individual photo on an iPhone 6 is 3264 x 2448, the resulting panorama is ridiculously undersized.

Their website states ...

I agree the panorama resolution is appalling and the description of these as "high definition" very misleading.

I am so disappointed with this product.
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules