Video washed out compared to Photo
546 4 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ladofdestiny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30853 ft
Australia

Hi folks, I can't help but notice that when i switch back and forth between photo mode and video mode that the video seems a lot more washed out than the photos.

I'm always finding I have to boost the contrast and colour in post, whereas the photos come out looking pretty good as is.

Does anyone else have that issue? Or is that just a normal thing in DJIs?
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, could you please upload some samples? We'll check it, thanks in advance!
2018-4-16
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Photos and videos have different compression algorithms and grading. If you want better dynamic range from video you need to shoot in one of the flatter profiles, e.g. D-Cinelike, then grade it afterwards.
2018-4-16
Use props
Ladofdestiny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30853 ft
Australia

dancopter Posted at 2018-4-16 22:28
Photos and videos have different compression algorithms and grading. If you want better dynamic range from video you need to shoot in one of the flatter profiles, e.g. D-Cinelike, then grade it afterwards.

I don't know much about video, but I'd say from the looks of it it already seems very flat and lifeless...are you saying I need to make it even flatter and fix it more later? I'd like to not have to grade the heck out of all my videos if possible.
2018-4-16
Use props
HuntertheHunter
lvl.1
South Korea

Ladofdestiny Posted at 2018-4-16 22:38
I don't know much about video, but I'd say from the looks of it it already seems very flat and lifeless...are you saying I need to make it even flatter and fix it more later? I'd like to not have to grade the heck out of all my videos if possible.

I think you have that option activated. check the camera settings, you have Style and Color, check if Color is not on D-Cinelike. this makes the video image more flat, but has no effect on photo mode if I remember correctly.
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules