dji assistant not working
3978 8 2018-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scenefromabove1
lvl.1
United States

Can't seem to get the Ass.2 v1.2.3 to work downloaded it twice now and still nothing . Wanted to upgrade my goggles to run with my Mavic Air and Nothing!!!! I tried plugging in the goggles and then turning on the ASS2 back and forth 10 different ways powered it on and it still doesn't read that the goggles are plugged in so I can't upgrade to use them with the Mavic Air ,Frusterating I'm usung windows 8 and have USB 2 and 3 can't figure it out any thoughts ???
2018-4-17
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because the Assistant tries to load several usb and other drivers, it is best to install it "as administrator" so that the installation has proper permissions to also install the drivers. Perhaps uninstalling the Assistant and trying again, this time right click the Asst2 installation package and "run as administrator"...
This procedural guide is for Win10, but might provide some insight -> Sample Asst2 Installation Guide...
2018-4-17
Use props
Scenefromabove1
lvl.1
United States

So I tried all that and it didn't give me a chance to run as Admin. it just went to install . I didn't get any dialog boxes asking me anything Thanks for trying not sure what to do I guess I'll just return my Goggles and keep using my Mini 4
2018-4-17
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scenefromabove1 Posted at 2018-4-17 09:52
So I tried all that and it didn't give me a chance to run as Admin. it just went to install . I didn't get any dialog boxes asking me anything Thanks for trying not sure what to do I guess I'll just return my Goggles and keep using my Mini 4

As it shows in the procedural link, you must right click on the installation package to show the menu and then select "Run as Administrator"....

There's also a troubleshooting suggestion at the bottom of the article to manually install the necesary drivers:
"The DJI Assistant 2 installs by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\
If the PNP drivers fail to properly load, you can manually run their installation script from the DRIVERS folder.
Navigate into the Drivers folder. You will run DriverSetup32.bat for a 32-bit system or DriverSetup64.bat for a 64-bit system.
IMPORTANT! -- RUN this batch script AS ADMINISTRATOR by right clicking and select "Run as Administrator"!

2018-4-17
Use props
Scenefromabove1
lvl.1
United States

I figured it out and if anyone else has this problem with Windows 8.1 this is the video you should watch I know it's for the Osmo But it works the same for the Goggles or at least it worked for me
2018-4-17
Use props
Scenefromabove1
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-4-17 13:37
As it shows in the procedural link, you must right click on the installation package to show the menu and then select "Run as Administrator"....
http://remotepilot.azurewebsites.net/Media/Default/Goggles/1-Run_Admin.png[/img]
There's also a troubleshooting suggestion at the bottom of the article to manually install the necesary drivers:

I did all that and it didn't work it was a malfunctioning driver but thank for all the input you are very kind and helpful Cheers
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Scenefromabove1 Posted at 2018-4-17 13:56
I figured it out and if anyone else has this problem with Windows 8.1 this is the video you should watch https://youtu.be/H4GaOKAkPFs I know it's for the Osmo But it works the same for the Goggles or at least it worked for me

Thank you for your update and sharing the info, good to know that you had worked it out. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd glad to help.
2018-4-17
Use props
Gene043
lvl.1

I went through all that too with no results only frustration... until.... I thought maybe I should use the usb cable that came with my Mavic Pro and voila that was the answer for me! Hope that may help...
2018-7-8
Use props
John Early
New

United States

Gene043 Posted at 2018-7-8 07:31
I went through all that too with no results only frustration... until.... I thought maybe I should use the usb cable that came with my Mavic Pro and voila that was the answer for me! Hope that may help...

I tried using the white cable that came with the goggles and I tried the black cable that came with the Mavic, using the little adapter doohickey.  Neither worked.
2018-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules