Obstacle Contest On Horseback
869 16 2018-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I posted a short video yesterday of our horse camping weekend at Lake San Antonio.  On Saturday morning, they held an obstacle course challenge that my horse Mikey and I entered.  We didn't win.  

2018-4-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

My daughter is quite the equestrian.  So many times she insists how much smarter the horses are then are we.  Thanks for the entertainment.  Was this filmed with your Quad?
2018-4-17
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

StanfordWebbie , You were a winner in my eyes. I mean Mikey was the winner in my eyes.
Took my wife on a horse back ride into the Superstition Mountains years ago. We were with a group and when she mounted her horse it bolted and took off. Found her an hour later. Needless to say she never rode after that.
2018-4-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Was nice to watch, enjoyed the part your horse messed up the square part
2018-4-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Your horse is very well trained!

I have ridden a few had you tried to get on wrong side, it would have been a very bad day.
Got a good laugh out of car-wash challenge.  Cause of young black stallion who thought it cute to run through heavy brambles to take riders off.
2018-4-17
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-17 07:46
StanfordWebbie , You were a winner in my eyes. I mean Mikey was the winner in my eyes.
Took my wife on a horse back ride into the Superstition Mountains years ago. We were with a group and when she mounted her horse it bolted and took off. Found her an hour later. Needless to say she never rode after that.

Wow, that must have been scary.  Horses absolutely need to be trained to stand still when mounting.  If not, they always anticipate that a ride is about to begin and will start walking off as soon as the rider begins to mount.  My horses are both trained that mounting time is rest time.  I  always sit quite still with him for 10 to 30 seconds after mounting.  I also mount on the right side every month or so, just to remind him that it's OK.  Sort of like practicing RTH every couple of months with my Mavic  ;)
2018-4-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-4-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Nice video
2018-4-17
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer

WebParrot Posted at 2018-4-17 07:19
My daughter is quite the equestrian.  So many times she insists how much smarter the horses are then are we.  Thanks for the entertainment.  Was this filmed with your Quad?

No, my wife filmed this with my Osmo Mobile from a judges hut atop the stands.  Does you daughter still ride?
2018-4-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-4-18 18:42
No, my wife filmed this with my Osmo Mobile from a judges hut atop the stands.  Does you daughter still ride?

She sure does.  But now, mostly to show of for her son!  Thanks for asking.
2018-4-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work!   
2018-4-19
Use props
bradzilla
First Officer
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Looks like a great day to be out and filming,
2018-4-19
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
Puerto Rico

What a fine and calm fella. Great video, StanfordWebbie. That course is well-designed to freak out the freak-out-able.  'o)
2018-4-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-4-19 05:57
What a fine and calm fella. Great video, StanfordWebbie. That course is well-designed to freak out the freak-out-able.  'o)

Thanks Eddie.  Yes, horses - as prey animals -  have millions of years of instinct that says, ''If it's strange, moves, and makes noise, run away NOW''.  So anything like this builds the horse's respect and confidence in his ''human'''.   I belong to our local county Sheriff's Mounted Search and Rescue unit, and we get lots and lots of training sessions like this one.  We just don't do that "walk sideways around a square" kind of thing.  ;)
2018-4-19
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer

Beautiful horse!
2018-4-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer

Thanks.  He's what is called a Paint.  A quarter horse with 2 or 3 colors.  He's a great trail horse.
2018-4-19
Use props
SjCutting
lvl.3
United States

Very entertaining! I've owned horses for 50 years or so!
2018-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules