Sending drone for repairs (Care refresh), advice needed.
3093 5 2018-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mode
New
Flight distance : 12759 ft
Lithuania

Hello, after having email and conversation with support bot's I'm thinking to get faster clarification here. Situation is:
Bought Mavic Air -->> Bought Care refresh -->> after like 2 days wanted to show it to my friends that it fly so good and got some nice crash into tree/house wall/asphalt -->> drone got a little bit sick with many parts broken. So I went to repair page, entered serial, got advice to use care refresh service (like fast one), paid some euro trough paypal, got case number. All seems okay, now I see status:
The replacement device will be shipped to you once the damaged device is received by DJI.
But one small problem - I have no address where to send drone. I remember I saw it when filling order (NL service center was recommended to send from Lithuania). So I started my voyage with support team. Got more condolences in two days than I expect to get in rest of my life, but did not succeeded to get address for shipping. It's possible that because of my poor English nobody understood what I wanted to ask so I will try ask same question here:

Case No. CAS-1682647-K3M1F7
Drone: Mavic Air
Question: Do I need to wait for something now or should I send my damaged drone somewhere to NL support center (which does not have any address written on recommended service center page)

Thank you!
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mode, sorry for the unpleasant communication with our support, may I know how did you contact our support team? Via phone, online chat or email? Could you please provide us your contact info with our support so that we can make an investigation to keep improving our customer service?
I checked the case, the shipping label should have been sent to you via email and there is a guideline about what you should do next, please pack the drone with the original package and find a UPS store to ship directly.
2018-4-17
Use props
fans5677039b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17142 ft
Finland

I sent in my drone for repairs and got the best service from DJI. All responses by email came within a day and when they excamined everything, they concluded the drone had a technical problem and that they would repair the drone free of charge and send it back to me. At first it looked like user error and I was mentally prepared to pay for the repair costs. But DJI investigated it properly and concluded it was the drones malfunction.

I think it's awesome that a company does this for it's clients. They could of easily just said, too bad, buy a new one when I lead with the question how much it would cost to repair the drone. The manufacturing of a drone or repairing a of a compass/GPS unit costs pretty much nothing to DJI, but for a consumer its 500 euros instantly in a form of a new drone. So I'm very happy about DJI's way of taking care of repair situations this way. The service felt like the customer was the most important factor. I would strongly recommend sending in to DJI in problem situations. Great service. Thanks DJI!!

I think your company is awesome!
2018-4-19
Use props
Mode
New
Flight distance : 12759 ft
Lithuania

Never said that DJI is a bad company, did I? After writing here I got shipping sticker in like 3 hours, and sent my drone to repair's (express service I paid for) before it was even unclear if I have to send it by myself or I need to wait for something. As an example: I gave case number on subject field in email, and supporter adviced me to fill online form to get case number. As a customer you always expect constructive answer (like I got here from Mindy), not generic bla bla answers, which add's more confusion. So overall support was okay, as I solved my problem. Main reason why I was asking for shipping address was because on forums I saw people asking same (where to send drones for repairs), I did not saw any clarification that shipping is included for what I paid in my case exactly (we have no repair center here and I don't know if company which sold me drone is official one) and at last by going to see case details for few seconds I can see text: Shipping Method: Ship by myself

It would be nice that on case details page you get something like: Shipping costs covered by DJI, wait for sticker and do not disturb our support staff

Again, happy with product and happy with overall company politics.

Thank you!
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5677039b Posted at 2018-4-19 06:04
I sent in my drone for repairs and got the best service from DJI. All responses by email came within a day and when they excamined everything, they concluded the drone had a technical problem and that they would repair the drone free of charge and send it back to me. At first it looked like user error and I was mentally prepared to pay for the repair costs. But DJI investigated it properly and concluded it was the drones malfunction.

I think it's awesome that a company does this for it's clients. They could of easily just said, too bad, buy a new one when I lead with the question how much it would cost to repair the drone. The manufacturing of a drone or repairing a of a compass/GPS unit costs pretty much nothing to DJI, but for a consumer its 500 euros instantly in a form of a new drone. So I'm very happy about DJI's way of taking care of repair situations this way. The service felt like the customer was the most important factor. I would strongly recommend sending in to DJI in problem situations. Great service. Thanks DJI!!

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us and your kind words to our customer service, which gives us the confidence to keep moving on, we will keep providing more great products and more professional customer service to our valued customers.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mode Posted at 2018-4-19 07:51
Never said that DJI is a bad company, did I? After writing here I got shipping sticker in like 3 hours, and sent my drone to repair's (express service I paid for) before it was even unclear if I have to send it by myself or I need to wait for something. As an example: I gave case number on subject field in email, and supporter adviced me to fill online form to get case number. As a customer you always expect constructive answer (like I got here from Mindy), not generic bla bla answers, which add's more confusion. So overall support was okay, as I solved my problem. Main reason why I was asking for shipping address was because on forums I saw people asking same (where to send drones for repairs), I did not saw any clarification that shipping is included for what I paid in my case exactly (we have no repair center here and I don't know if company which sold me drone is official one) and at last by going to see case details for few seconds I can see text: Shipping Method: Ship by myself

It would be nice that on case details page you get something like: Shipping costs covered by DJI, wait for sticker and do not disturb our support staff

Appreciate your suggestion to our repair process, we will forward it to our management to keep optimizing our customer service and workflow, please keep us updated any time if you need assistance during the repair process.
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules