No Focus. Blur all image
804 11 2018-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thagra
lvl.2

Hi.
I have purchased a mavic pro from China. I live in EU. Arrived at the start of April and last Monday try to unbox it and activate it.
Unfortunately the camera will not focus at all. Stay unfocus whatever i do. Tried everything suggested on internet and talked twice with live chat support.
It is the well knowen issue of the camera not focusing.
Now i am facing the issue that DJI will not recognize the 7 day warranty for refund or replacement cause it is not purchased form EU and there is no international warranty.
I have a high value brand new drone that is not working properly from day 1 and i have been asked to proceed wit repair request and send it to be repaired under cost within EU or have a valid address to China to ship it for warranty repair. I also have refresh care for it. Now i have invested over 1000euro for this and have to pay more to be repaired. Then i will have a brand new refurbished drone.
Really? Is this a proper attitude to customers? Nice job DJI.

2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thagra, we are terribly sorry for your situation and the unpleasant experience with our product, while according to our policy, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. If customers would like the cross-regional repair service, you will need to pay for it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding.
For the issue you are experiencing, may I know what methods you have tried? Did you try to reset camera settings? What is your firmware version? If the lens is clean? What is the temperature in your flight place?
2018-4-17
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2
Greece

I have tried everything.
- Firmware downgrade - upgrade to 0100 and back to 0300.
- Camera reset
- Gimbal calibration
- IMU calibration
- Compass Calibration
- Unistall and reinstall DJI GO 4 app
- Try another smartphone
- Sensors calibration
- Connect phone with external usb cable

Lens are crystal clear. Drone is in suberb condition. After all it was out of the box. Temp is around 15-20 C. No flight at all cause the problem. Only a test flight for 5 min to confirm that it is not cause of any interfirance.

I do not write this to resolve my issue. I am writting mostly to let customers know about your policy. All you can find is how nice and best company you are and what a nice customer service and after sales you have.
The reality is a bit different. There is a well knowen issue on the camera that many users-customers has faced. Some after an update and some others suddenly. All have accepted that is a hardware malfuction although it has no logic. They have send for repair and either payed or had received an exchange of a refurbished drone.
We are talking about an issue it should be either resolved by now if it was design problem or accept the fact that when a customer report it you owe to cover him under warranty. It is not my fault and i have payed so much money for a product that arrived with an issue which you already know. Now you tell me to pay more 200 euro, cause this will be the cost for changing the camera, 1/5 of the total price of the product, because i have not purchased it from my local store or my region!!!!!! It is been raised the question how much money shall i pay for this product and with guaranty that it will work properly without any fault? If i repair it now and pay more are you confirm that in 1 moth it want have other issue, and if it has would it be a knowen one or a new? This kind of attitude to customers as after sales makes me believe that it can not been built a trustfull relationship. I could not been convinced that if i send it to be repaired you would not return me a refurbished used one and if that would not have the same problem after an update as other has faced.
I have invested over 1000 euro to your product which as brand new is not working as it should. If you believe that you do not owe me a replacement cause i have purchased it from another region and if you do not regognize the well knowen malfuction as yours, then this could prove the quality of aftel sales and support you offer.
I hope you will never have to face such an issue with products you purchase for you in your everyday life cause then you would understand me, what makes me furious and not understanding on that policy and on the way you examin my issue.
2018-4-18
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

Also you clearly state in your policy that:
"You can request Return & Refund Service:

√ Within seven (7) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition.
√ Within seven (7) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect.
Return & Refund Service will not be provided where:

× It is requested beyond seven (7) calendars days of receiving a product.
× A product sent to DJI for Return & Refund Service does not include all original accessories, attachments or packaging, or any item is not in new or like-new condition, i.e. with cracks, dents or scratches.
× A legal proof of purchase, receipt or invoice is not provided or is reasonably believed to have been forged or tampered with.
× Any fault or damage of the product is caused by unauthorized use or modification of the product, including exposure to moisture, entry of foreign bodies (water, oil, sand, etc.) or improper installation or operation.
× Product labels, serial numbers, waterproof marks, etc. show signs of tampering or alteration.
× Damage is caused to the product by uncontrollable external factors, including fire, floods, high winds or lightning strikes.
× A product is not delivered to DJI within seven (7) calendar days after Return & Refund Service confirmation is sent from DJI.
× Other circumstances stated in this policy.
You can request Replacement Service:

√ Within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product has sustained a substantial damage in transit, provided always that the damage proof issued by the carrier can be provided to DJI.
√ Within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product does not match the original description of the product in one or more significant respects.
√ Within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure.
Replacement Service will not be provided where:

× Service is requested more than fifteen (15) calendars days after receiving a product.
× Legal proof-of-purchase, receipts, or invoices are not provided, or are reasonably believed to have been forged or tampered with.
× A product sent to DJI for replacement does not include all original accessories, attachments and packaging, or contains items damaged by user error.
× A product is found to have no defects after all appropriate tests are conducted by DJI.
× Any fault or damage of the product is caused by unauthorized use or modification of the product, including exposure to moisture, entry of foreign bodies (water, oil, sand, etc.) or improper installation or operation.
× Product labels, serial numbers, water damage marks, etc. show signs of tampering or alteration.
× Damage is caused by uncontrollable external factors, including fires, floods, high winds, or lightning strikes.
× Received product has not been sent back to DJI seven (7) calendar days after replacement confirmation from DJI.
× Proof of damage during transit issued by the carrier cannot be provided.
× Other circumstances stated in this policy."

So i am not asking for my product to be repaired under 1 year warranty. I request replacement or return&refund. It is within the mentioned periods. After all it is malfunction from day 1 of activation. You stall the process cleverly. But i have all legal rights to process it with other ways.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thagra Posted at 2018-4-18 10:58
Also you clearly state in your policy that:
"You can request Return & Refund Service:

Thagra, thanks for getting back to us. Maybe it's a silly question, but I have to ask before arranging the next step: Do you tap the screen to focus? Have you tried to record the video? Same issue? If yes, please kindly offer some original pictures and videos of the SD card for double check, thanks!

Also, I managed to get the SN via the forum info, the aircraft comes from China Mainland where the warranty located, but the Care Refresh is EU version. If you can send the unit to China Mainland, we're glad to offer repair or replacement if it is a warranty case based on the damage assessment. As for the refund, I'm afraid that you have to contact the seller as the drone was not purchased from DJI Directly. Sorry for the troubles.
2018-4-18
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

I tap the screen and just flash the green square and do nothing when it beep and stop. Also i could not manually focus. Do nothing. The video is recorded exactly as i watch it in the phone. I have made and send to your support via email the video from drone and a video recorded from another source where i show everything. We have concluded that it need to be send back for repair.
However my issue is that i do not claim repair but replacement as for 15 day DOA warranty.
Also in order to be repaired free of charge under warranty i need to ship it to China and have a valid address in China to get it back. Really? I do not have issue sending it to China, my problem is that i need replacement with a brand new as it is malfunctioning out of the box and i do not have a valid China address for the obvious reason we all understand.
I could not understand how we could not arrange replacement via the official DJI shop here in Greece. I could deliver it to them and you could arrange everything you believe need to be done in order to get my legit replacement from here.  
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thagra Posted at 2018-4-19 04:36
I tap the screen and just flash the green square and do nothing when it beep and stop. Also i could not manually focus. Do nothing. The video is recorded exactly as i watch it in the phone. I have made and send to your support via email the video from drone and a video recorded from another source where i show everything. We have concluded that it need to be send back for repair.
However my issue is that i do not claim repair but replacement as for 15 day DOA warranty.
Also in order to be repaired free of charge under warranty i need to ship it to China and have a valid address in China to get it back. Really? I do not have issue sending it to China, my problem is that i need replacement with a brand new as it is malfunctioning out of the box and i do not have a valid China address for the obvious reason we all understand.

Because of the different version and many other related issues, we are unable to provide warranty service across the region, and the drone will need to be evaluated firstly to verify if the warranty service can be provided. Can you please contact your seller and send the drone to them for the next step? Thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-19
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

What different version and staff like that? ALL DRONES are made in China. Do you have factory in EU, US? No. It is logistics issue. Just tell me that you do not have the logistic procedures so as to support customer international. I have official DJI store 2Km away from my house and you tell me that it is logic to send it to China to be repaired and then you ship it back to China and not to me? Is this support? Is it support spending over 1000euro for a product that malfunctioning out of the box with a well known to you problem of camera? And in top of all that you involve the seller? You lay on sellers goodwill and policy to support your products? You claim quality assurance and control when there is no. It is outrageous buy for eg from Amazon or Ebay and get refund or replacement and you could not handle such issues when you produce malfunctioning brand new drones. Please examine my logic and legit request to arrange REPLACEMENT through local DJI official store here in Greece. In any other case i will use every legal right i have to get what i deserve as consumer customer.
2018-4-22
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

Also there are cases in this forum that you manage to arrange repair, replacement and other staff not following your policy as for example arrange a local free repair and replacement of a lost unit.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thagra Posted at 2018-4-22 02:00
Also there are cases in this forum that you manage to arrange repair, replacement and other staff not following your policy as for example arrange a local free repair and replacement of a lost unit.

Mindy had explained our after-sale service policy and your situation was forwarded. We will have someone contact you and deal with it. Please wait patiently, thanks.
2018-4-22
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

Still wait.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The Care Team is following up your case, please reply them directly, thanks!
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules