783 4 2018-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

While using my Polar Pro ND filters for the first time, I noticed a problem. While trying to making a sphere panorama, the proeces stoppped when the gimbal was facing down. DJI GO app reported "Gimbal Stuck" and the Sphere process was stopped. Using the wheel on the remote I could easily turn the gimbal up again, but each time I tried again, the same message returned while the gimbal was facing downward. Continued my flight making several other shots, both video and stills without problems.

Anyone else had this experience?

Thijs
2018-4-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I have not yet tried to take a pano with an ND filter on but it would also never come to my mind doing so. ND filters are useful for video but not at all for taking photographs. For photos, and in particular panos you want maximum shutter speed, an ND filter significantly slows down the process. Thus for me either or: Video with filter, photo no filter.
2018-4-17
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-17 12:49
I have not yet tried to take a pano with an ND filter on but it would also never come to my mind doing so. ND filters are useful for video but not at all for taking photographs. For photos, and in particular panos you want maximum shutter speed, an ND filter significantly slows down the process. Thus for me either or: Video with filter, photo no filter.

Agreed. But on a sunny day, at the end of a flight, it can be unpractical to take off the filter.
2018-4-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Kimosabe Posted at 2018-4-17 12:55
Agreed. But on a sunny day, at the end of a flight, it can be unpractical to take off the filter.

Agreed, and it is not yet sure that it is the filter causing your problem but it cannot be excluded either. Tomorrow I have a filming assignment with my MA in sun. Thus I shall have my Polar Pro ND 16 filter on and use the opportunity to test if I manage to complete a pano and report back.
2018-4-17
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-17 13:05
Agreed, and it is not yet sure that it is the filter causing your problem but it cannot be excluded either. Tomorrow I have a filming assignment with my MA in sun. Thus I shall have my Polar Pro ND 16 filter on and use the opportunity to test if I manage to complete a pano and report back.

Great! Thanks
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules