Self Unlocking for restricted zone
8178 7 2018-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2

Was gonna take a first flight off my deck with a new Air, but apparently, I'm too close to a small county airport. It's actually about a mile away, and my property is 225 ft below the runway. I just want to go up 50 ft to check out my yard.   Anyway, I was prompted by the app to apply for a self unlocking. I went through the steps and got a verification code, but there's nowhere to input that number. Only a button to verify my personal details. It fails verification endlessly. What am I missing?
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Topo, regarding this issue, we suggest contacting flysafe@dji.com for further help, some screenshots will be also helpful.
2018-4-17
Use props
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-17 17:58
Hi Topo, regarding this issue, we suggest contacting  for further help, some screenshots will be also helpful.

Hi Thor...yes, I got a response from DJI's flysafe. They said the area near me was a yellow zone and could be unlocked. Their instructions on how to unlock were similar to what I was doing, except that, when I got to the account verification, I could never get it to succeed. I'll attach screen grabs. I tried phone and credit card, but neither would pass verification. I don't know what criteria it's looking for. My credit card has my name, as well as my cell number. When I use the cell number for verification, I immediately receive a text message, saying AirMap Verification Token, and it has a number. Hmmm...I just thought about something. That token number is something I can tap on, and I am then prompted "call xxx". Maybe I'm supposed to tap that? It's not a phone number...only 6 digits...hmmm. In any event, I have not been able to get the process to verify. I have another email in to flysafe about that. Hopefully, I'll get it sorted, but if anyone else has experience with this, I'd love to get past the issue. Eventually, I'll be the expert on this subject for future reference..haha.
2018-4-18
Use props
lvl.2

topo Posted at 2018-4-18 13:38
Hi Thor...yes, I got a response from DJI's flysafe. They said the area near me was a yellow zone and could be unlocked. Their instructions on how to unlock were similar to what I was doing, except that, when I got to the account verification, I could never get it to succeed. I'll attach screen grabs. I tried phone and credit card, but neither would pass verification. I don't know what criteria it's looking for. My credit card has my name, as well as my cell number. When I use the cell number for verification, I immediately receive a text message, saying AirMap Verification Token, and it has a number. Hmmm...I just thought about something. That token number is something I can tap on, and I am then prompted "call xxx". Maybe I'm supposed to tap that? It's not a phone number...only 6 digits...hmmm. In any event, I have not been able to get the process to verify. I have another email in to flysafe about that. Hopefully, I'll get it sorted, but if anyone else has experience with this, I'd love to get past the issue. Eventually, I'll be the expert on this subject for future reference..haha.[view_image][view_image][view_image]

I got it all figured out. I’ll post later, about the details.
2018-4-18
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Topo Posted at 2018-4-18 17:02

Glad you got it figured out and would love to hear how.
2018-4-18
Use props
SantaSailor
lvl.1

Yes!  Please post!   I too have a new Mavic Air and only got one flight out of it.  After changing the battery it required a Firmware update.  After I applied the Firmware update it said my property was a NFZ.  I too went the token route to bypass it but the screen says I have 5 minutes and the token did not arrive for 9 - 14 minutes. (I tried 4 times).  I know you enter the token on the line under Verify Token in your second screen shot but when I entered the token it was "too late" and would not validate.   I am 5.2 miles from a small private airport and not on the runway heading or between the outer marker and the runway.  I just want to get comfortable with my Mavic Air from tree top level and below before I start traveling to play with it.  
So please post soon!
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Topo Posted at 2018-4-18 17:02

Great to know that you got it worked now. Thank you for your update and your sharing the experience. Hope it also helps those who have the same difficulty.
2018-4-18
Use props
lvl.2
United States

So...Don't know if I can aid in your not being able to receive the token in time, Santa Sailor. I made sure I had at least one bar of signal on my iPhone so that I could receive the code. It always came in immediately, but my problem was that I could not sort out how/where to enter the code. Finding that on the small screen of my iphone 7 (non-plus model), was elusive. I tried the method with using a credit card number, but that did not work at all. It would immediately fail. I still don't know how that is an option. I put another query in to flysafe to see if they have further tips, but didn't hear anything back.  In conferring with them initially, they confirmed the coordinates at my place were in a yellow zone, which allows unlocking, whereas, a red zone is strictly no fly.  Here is what dji flysafe support sent to me:   
Here are two methods of unlocking Authorization Zones by yourself.
Please refer to the link for more help:

1. Use the latest DJI GO 4 app and log in with your DJI account. When you are in the zone area, please make sure the mobile device has internet access. There will be a warning message in the DJI GO 4 app asking you to unlock the zone. Then please follow the instruction in the app to unlock the Authorization Zone.

2. If you will not be able to access the internet in the Authorization Zone, you can use the Flight Planner on the GEO website to unlock it in advance. You will need to enter your devices flight controller serial number which can be found in the DJI GO 4 app General Setting->About page.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules