New firmware request
1155 16 2018-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djilover10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63225 ft
United States

This is a question for dji or a developer. Will there ever be a new firmware for the phantom 3 standard soon? If there is, here is two features that would be nice. 1080p at 48 fps and downloading offline maps and saving them on the camera's sd card or the flight log sd card. Is the phantom 3 standard still supported when it comes to firmware.
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for bringing us the attention. It is the hardware issue that 108P supports  24/25/30fps, it is not able to support 48fps for Phantom 3 Standard.
For the downloading offline maps, may I know the specific reason for the requirement of saving the offline map on the camera SD card?
2018-4-17
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
United States

Dji Thor. So I can just download an offline map for a far away place. I don’t have cellular data.
2018-4-17
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

I don´t know the capacity of the main board SD card but the offline maps should be stored there and not on the cams SD.
2018-4-17
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

The map issue could/should be addressed in the Go App. It should have the ability to choose a destination when connected to the Internet and then just cache maps. Pretty much how it does it now except be able to select any location.  
2018-4-18
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-17 20:23
Hi there, thank you for bringing us the attention. It is the hardware issue that 108P supports  24/25/30fps, it is not able to support 48fps for Phantom 3 Standard.
For the downloading offline maps, may I know the specific reason for the requirement of saving the offline map on the camera SD card?

Not everybody has cellular data. If I cache a map on my home internet and I close down my IPod to save battery. The dji go app restarts and the maps area turns back to a gray grid. Already tried turning off backround app refresh. Didn’t work. If you have google maps, you are probably familiar with typing ok maps or going to the offline maps section and downloading an offline map. If they only had that on the drone, that would be nice. The map would be stored in either your device, drone’s camera sd card, or in the other built in sd card that stores flight data.
2018-4-18
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

djilover10 Posted at 2018-4-18 13:41
If I cache a map on my home internet and I close down my IPod to save battery. The dji go app restarts and the maps area turns back to a gray grid.

I never "shut down" my iPad. I can leave it in standby for weeks without the battery going dead.  This is with the apps closed of course. Never lost any cached maps yet.
2018-4-18
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
United States

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-4-18 15:40
I never "shut down" my iPad. I can leave it in standby for weeks without the battery going dead.  This is with the apps closed of course. Never lost any cached maps yet.

That’s cool for you. In my case, I have an iPod 6g. It doesn’t last as long as your iPad. It has a good battery still. It only goes down to 85% or so when using Dji go. I don’t leave mine on. It is a great way to drop battery and for a sybling to get on it. I am not forcing Dji to make this new firmware. It is just a cool idea. I don’t really actually need 1080p at 48 FPS. Everything needs an update every once in a while. Also, offline maps are just better.
2018-4-18
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
United States

That’s cool for you. In my case, I have an iPod 6g. It doesn’t last as long as your iPad. It has a good battery still. It only goes down to 85% or so when using Dji go. I don’t leave mine on. It is a great way to drop battery and for a sybling to get on it. I am not forcing Dji to make this new firmware. It is just a cool idea. I don’t really actually need 1080p at 48 FPS. Everything needs an update every once in a while. Also, offline maps are just better.
2018-4-18
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
United States

djilover10 Posted at 2018-4-18 16:16
That’s cool for you. In my case, I have an iPod 6g. It doesn’t last as long as your iPad. It has a good battery still. It only goes down to 85% or so when using Dji go. I don’t leave mine on. It is a great way to drop battery and for a sybling to get on it. I am not forcing Dji to make this new firmware. It is just a cool idea. I don’t really actually need 1080p at 48 FPS. Everything needs an update every once in a while. Also, offline maps are just better.

You know what? This would be an update for dji go and dji go 4 apps. If people find out that there is an offline map feature on the p3 standard and they have a different dji drone, they will want it on there drone. It would take a lot of work to put a new firmware out for every dji drone. Instead, it would be nice if they had an update for their dji go apps to download offline maps.
2018-4-18
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
United States

This post ends now. I just closed the app and the maps were there still. I don’t need offline maps. I apologize to the people and dji who were on this post. Problem solved for me. It is up to dji if they want to make a firmware update. It would be nice still if they updated the 2 dji go apps to download offline maps.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djilover10 Posted at 2018-4-18 16:29
This post ends now. I just closed the app and the maps were there still. I don’t need offline maps. I apologize to the people and dji who were on this post. Problem solved for me. It is up to dji if they want to make a firmware update. It would be nice still if they updated the 2 dji go apps to download offline maps.

Sorry for the late reply due to the time difference. Yes, if you had cached the map when there is the internet connection, it will stay cached if you don't clear the cache or reinstall the app.
Glad to know that you get it worked. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd glad to help.
2018-4-18
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-18 20:30
Sorry for the late reply due to the time difference. Yes, if you had cached the map when there is the internet connection, it will stay cached if you don't clear the cache or reinstall the app.
Glad to know that you get it worked. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd glad to help.

Great. I sent a friend request to you and Dji support. Could I become captain on dji forums?
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djilover10 Posted at 2018-4-18 20:33
Great. I sent a friend request to you and Dji support. Could I become captain on dji forums?

The level will upgrade according to your participants on the forum. Please check here for further info.
2018-4-19
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

What is,if the "Active track" is implemented to the P3 series firm ware? Is it available in the nearest future?
2018-4-22
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-22 05:50
What is,if the "Active track" is implemented to the P3 series firm ware? Is it available in the nearest future?

I know. That would be cool. What about obstacle avoidance with the camera or 720p at 120 FPS? I sent you a friend request.
2018-4-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

djilover10 Posted at 2018-4-22 09:33
I know. That would be cool. What about obstacle avoidance with the camera or 720p at 120 FPS? I sent you a friend request.

It´s not so easy to do an obstacle avoidance while this is a time critical procedure and must executed in time of few parts of a second. But it´s possible during slow and smooth flight. With soft ware only it should be hard to realize and implement.
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules