Auto Wifi Channel selection
1404 4 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul0110
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59085 ft
United Kingdom

I have Spark for some time now and mostly manually select 2.4GHz channels based on Go4 app indications... when I select auto, it goes ahead and always selects channels from 5GHz range... is there a way to put Spark in 2.4GHz auto channel select mode?  
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Paul, Please switch Custom and choose the two digits Channel Index, then restart to see whether it remains to stay at 2.4GHz.
2018-4-19
Use props
Paul0110
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59085 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-19 02:49
Hey Paul, Please switch Custom and choose the two digits Channel Index, then restart to see whether it remains to stay at 2.4GHz.

Yes, but then I do this, but will this auto select channel next time I power on my Spark based on least interference? I noticed that if I select channel 9, next time I power on Spark it will still be channel 9 even if it had red bar loads of interference... Any way to make auto selection in 2.4GHz band based on quality of the signal?
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Paul0110 Posted at 2018-4-19 05:02
Yes, but then I do this, but will this auto select channel next time I power on my Spark based on least interference? I noticed that if I select channel 9, next time I power on Spark it will still be channel 9 even if it had red bar loads of interference... Any way to make auto selection in 2.4GHz band based on quality of the signal?

Afraid not.
2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_1GjSaLXzS93u
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I ran into the same issues with connectivity and manually switching to the 2.4G channels solved it. But I’m still frustrated by auto switching to 5.2G. Why is this the heuristic used if it’s so unreliable for pretty much any distance over 100m?

(I have a Mavic Air and use DJI GO 4)
2022-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules