Issue solved or old eyes, help me decide guys.
513 6 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

If anyone has seen my last post, i was ready to write off my spark...(and quite bitchy about it, my apologies) But after buying a used replacement galaxy S5 phone to soley use for the spark and using my J7 as my daily again, things have changed...a little bit.

I loaded 4.1.15 onto the S5, connected via otg, used a bubble level to find the flattest surface possible to calibrate the imu for the 3rd time, and i mean flat like 0.0 deg flat.
Once on location did a compass calibration, even though it was in the green anyway.
Connection and gps/atti/compass errors are history.Then calibrated the thumbsticks for the 4th time.
The drifting issue i was haveing has quelled some, maybe no more than a wind gust or tap of the stick and it pretty much stays put.

To ask opinions though, i have the original untouched pic posted here along with a snapseed edit like i always do to bring out the light and shadows, (no sharpening) is it just my middle aged eyes or does the original pic look just ever so slightly fuzzy around the detail edges?... I did have to resize them to fit here but that usually never hurts the quality...I will label each so you guys can tell me if maybe i have an ongoing issue now, thanks.

Side questions, how many phones and otg or wifi combos have you guys tried with your sparks?
                      Did it make a world of difference either way?

Original unedited

Original unedited

Snapseed edit

Snapseed edit
2018-4-18
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

Except from some expected noise (high ISO I guess) I see nothing to be worried about.
First one is oversharpened edited one and second one is original... just a very wild guess.
2018-4-18
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-4-18 07:28
Except from some expected noise (high ISO I guess) I see nothing to be worried about.
First one is oversharpened edited one and second one is original... just a very wild guess.

Yes!...hah i turned up the edit level on the 1st one thank you.

Eye doctor appointment incoming...
2018-4-18
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

warubikku Posted at 2018-4-18 07:32
Yes!...hah i turned up the edit level on the 1st one  thank you.

Your eyes are probably ok... this has to do more with perception than with vision.
Thing is when you look at stuff even details they are usually not razor sharp (air in between stuff and eye), but somehow, when we edit photos, we do like to make it razor sharp making it look artificial actually.
So, second image is how things really look like and the first one is what we THINK they look like (or how we perceive it).... yeah... brain is still an unbeatable processor.
2018-4-18
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

despite having old eyes myself, lol, i would say a very little noise (agreeing with the Capt. above) in the snapseed edit that i don't see in the original. glad to hear your troubles are resolved!
2018-4-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

warubikku Posted at 2018-4-18 07:32
Yes!...hah i turned up the edit level on the 1st one  thank you.

What resolution is your editing monitor?
And how big are the dimensions?
That has a lot to do with it.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The pictures look great, I do not find any obvious issue...
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules