Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ultrasonic sensor error
12Next >
8254 65 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stefgo
First Officer
Flight distance : 5081736 ft

Hello

I've got the a ultrasonic sensor error  "ultrasonic sensor error please land immediately "

I have the lastest firmware and I calibrate IMU but it still remains. (crystalsky monitor with dji go 4)

I go on flying anyway ... is it dangerous ?
Ultrasonic sensor is an help for landing no ?
2018-4-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

You could always have a close look at the ultrasonic sensors in the base of the aircraft and check for any bits of grit or dirt that may be blocking one of them. You could also try a sensor calibration using DJI Assistant 2 and the aircraft connected to a PC via USB cable.
2018-4-18
Use props
stefgo
First Officer

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-18 06:47
You could always have a close look at the ultrasonic sensors in the base of the aircraft and check for any bits of grit or dirt that may be blocking one of them. You could also try a sensor calibration using DJI Assistant 2 and the aircraft connected to a PC via USB cable.

Thank you, I already made a sensor calibration and I can't see anything on the sensors themselves...
I'll try another fly tomorrow but now each time I fly, after 1 or 2 min a sensor alert appears.
No issue with the latest firmware ?
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If not, please try to refresh the firmware to see whether it is the misinformation.
2018-4-18
Use props
stefgo
First Officer

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-18 19:23
Just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If not, please try to refresh the firmware to see whether it is the misinformation.
https://youtu.be/DVIcrDvh9BQ

no, no crash, no hard landing... I'll try to refresh the firmware

2018-4-18
Use props
stefgo
First Officer

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-18 19:23
https://youtu.be/DVIcrDvh9BQ

I refreshed the latest firmware and made a flight, and still the same ultrasonic sensor alert...

I sit dangerous to flight with ???
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 2018-4-19 12:10
I refreshed the latest firmware and made a flight, and still the same ultrasonic sensor alert...

I sit dangerous to flight with ???

If so, please kindly start a case and send the unit in: https://www.dji.com/support
In considering of flight safety, it is not recommended to fly with the error anymore.
2018-4-20
Use props
stefgo
First Officer

Hy Susan

Outch !  I'm living next monday to a boat trip in sakalines island near kamchatka. I need my drone to work there.
No other solutions for this error ? Can I stop ultrasonic sensor ?
2018-4-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

I keep getting this error too. Several times as I was bringing it back to hand catch, the error cleared and the rear red lights turned off. So I kept flying. When I went to land I came down fast to see if the sensors were working to slow the descent. When the rear red lights are on, it doesn't slow the descent, when they are not red it does slow the descent. So now when the error appears I just stop and wait a minute or so. If it goes away I keep flying. If it doesn't I hand catch and reboot the aircraft, then go back to flying.

This didn't happen when I first got this P4P+ Obsidian. It started after my first firmware update. That was V01.04.0602. It happened a few times during that rev. From 05.0300 until current 05.0600 it happens regularly. Due to the fact that it has progressed over time, I can't say for sure if the firmware was the cause or something has jarred loose with flight. I can say that I've checked to see if there is anything like dirt, matter or a film on the sensors and they look pristine. I even tried an air can to ensure there wasn't something out of sight. It's happens randomly. DJI ain't talking other than to say send it in, and I'm not sending an aircraft I've taken great care of in to be replaced with a mashed up refurb. TBH, I could care less if the ultrasonic sensors work or not. I have no problem catching my bird in my hand, so a soft landing assist means zilch to me.

Jeff
2018-4-20
Use props
TAHOE
New
Flight distance : 12454 ft
United States

Hey all I am having all the same with my new p4+ flew for weeks now ultrasonic error land ect. every last 4 flights, no dust, newest firmware, all calibrated just keeps popin up. First time was at 200' landed ok, tryed it tonight with DVP off got 2 sonic errors first flight. sounds like we have same prob.   new to this looking for answers too
2018-4-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-4-20 14:09
I keep getting this error too. Several times as I was bringing it back to hand catch, the error cleared and the rear red lights turned off. So I kept flying. When I went to land I came down fast to see if the sensors were working to slow the descent. When the rear red lights are on, it doesn't slow the descent, when they are not red it does slow the descent. So now when the error appears I just stop and wait a minute or so. If it goes away I keep flying. If it doesn't I hand catch and reboot the aircraft, then go back to flying.

This didn't happen when I first got this P4P+ Obsidian. It started after my first firmware update. That was V01.04.0602. It happened a few times during that rev. From 05.0300 until current 05.0600 it happens regularly. Due to the fact that it has progressed over time, I can't say for sure if the firmware was the cause or something has jarred loose with flight. I can say that I've checked to see if there is anything like dirt, matter or a film on the sensors and they look pristine. I even tried an air can to ensure there wasn't something out of sight. It's happens randomly. DJI ain't talking other than to say send it in, and I'm not sending an aircraft I've taken great care of in to be replaced with a mashed up refurb. TBH, I could care less if the ultrasonic sensors work or not. I have no problem catching my bird in my hand, so a soft landing assist means zilch to me.

This sounds very similar to another thread where we are getting a Downward Infrared Sensor Error which causes the rear lights to turn solid red and a heavy landing.
2018-4-20
Use props
stefgo
First Officer

I never get this error since 05.0600. Nothing with V01.04.0602. I'll try to downgrade the firmware to see if the error still remain...
I always hand catch my P4p but I'm afraid that sensor errors make a crash or an uncontrolled flight ! I hope these sensors are  just use for landing and not for flying.

I notice my drone don't keep a constant position in air. I calibrate everything (IMU, compass etc) but It still move a bit up and down in P mode. Perhaps it is due to this error too...

2018-4-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-4-20 20:27
This sounds very similar to another thread where we are getting a Downward Infrared Sensor Error which causes the rear lights to turn solid red and a heavy landing.

Yes, I think I read that.

Jeff
2018-4-21
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-20 00:25
If so, please kindly start a case and send the unit in: https://www.dji.com/support
In considering of flight safety, it is not to fly with the error anymore.

There are many people saying they are getting this error. The sensors don’t work when the error appears. Is this something physical, or something in the firmware? Can the technicians who repair this problem say what it is? If there is a known problem we would like some answers.

Jeff
2018-4-21
Use props
TAHOE
New
United States

TAHOE Posted at 2018-4-20 17:46
Hey all I am having all the same with my new p4+ flew for weeks now ultrasonic error land ect. every last 4 flights, no dust, newest firmware, all calibrated just keeps popin up. First time was at 200' landed ok, tryed it tonight with DVP off got 2 sonic errors first flight. sounds like we have same prob.   new to this looking for answers too

As I posted I have same drone as Jeff, done all he has, never crashed, brand new drone, error keeps popping up, does anyone know what this error means and what is exactly affected, I have read all the old posts on this and I am no more understanding now than ever. Seems to have trouble holding a hover at 100' compared to when error started, but lands nice and soft.
2018-4-21
Use props
TAHOE
New
United States

Hey all so tonight I powered  up did a calibration then went through and turned all sensors off rebotted both turned all sensors back on and flew 3times no sonic error' like see was new again' whoknows try it Jeff wth keep u posted
2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 2018-4-20 12:21
Hy Susan

Outch !  I'm living next monday to a boat trip in sakalines island near kamchatka. I need my drone to work there.

Sorry about this. Would you mind exporting the flight log when the warning appears? I'd like to forward to our engineers for analysis.

2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-4-21 00:48
There are many people saying they are getting this error. The sensors don’t work when the error appears. Is this something physical, or something in the firmware? Can the technicians who repair this problem say what it is? If there is a known problem we would like some answers.

Jeff

Jeff, could you refer my reply in 17# and export the right flight logs for analysis? We are looking into the exact status.
2018-4-23
Use props
Ridowh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9692 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, I took out my P4+ yesterday for the first time since the latest firmware update and got this error as soon as I took off.  Last week (pre-firmware update) everything was flying just fine and I it's been in its case since.  I immediately put it down to something to do with the new firmware as nothing else has changed at all.
I carried out a compass calibration on site, however it made no difference. So I then made my phone into a hotspot that the controller connects to, and connected everything together via USB cable, and still found nothing amiss.
I will keep an eye on this thread to see what transpires.  I'm not 100% knowledgable about how to, or confident with, reverting to older firmware so I haven't tested that.
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ridowh Posted at 2018-4-24 12:33
Hi all, I took out my P4+ yesterday for the first time since the latest firmware update and got this error as soon as I took off.  Last week (pre-firmware update) everything was flying just fine and I it's been in its case since.  I immediately put it down to something to do with the new firmware as nothing else has changed at all.
I carried out a compass calibration on site, however it made no difference. So I then made my phone into a hotspot that the controller connects to, and connected everything together via USB cable, and still found nothing amiss.
I will keep an eye on this thread to see what transpires.  I'm not 100% knowledgable about how to, or confident with, reverting to older firmware so I haven't tested that.

Hey Ridowh, thanks for reaching us. Could you refer 17# and export the flight log when the issue appears? We would like to have more data to look into the exact status. Thanks for your time.
2018-4-26
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-23 20:30
Jeff, could you refer my reply in 17# and export the right flight logs for analysis? We are looking into the exact status.

Link

Sorry for the delay. I've been away on business.

Jeff
2018-5-1
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

Today's failures: 1/5/2018

8:34:43 Battery Error
14:13:23 Ultrasonic Sensor Error
14:16:30 Ultrasonic Sensor Error
14:25:18 Ultrasonic Sensor Error
14:31:47 Ultrasonic Sensor Error

Link

Jeff
2018-5-1
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

I flew for 20 minutes each on three batteries. I got sensor errors on the first two batteries. The errors occurred soon after launch. I immediately brought the bird back and rebooted it, then restarted and went right back to flying. It seems after those errors and a couple reboots, it flies fine for the rest of the flight. For the balance of the third Battery, I got no errors. I noted the serial number of that battery  and will continue to document the errors and which batteries they happen with. I noted a battery error in the first post from recent flights, and another from todays flights so I noted it.

Tell you another thing... On one of my restarts it never reported the Homepoint set. I looked on the map before launching and the 'H' wasn't local. I have no idea where it was, but it wasn't nearby. I rebooted and it set locally from the launch point. I wonder how many times that's happened and no one noticed? Due to the posts by several people here, I waited for that message. When it didn't happen, I rebooted to make it happen. Can you imagine how much fun it would've been if I'd been flying to test for this Sensor Error and the A/C disconnected and tried to fly to a home point in, say, Southeast China...

Jeff
2018-5-1
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

Oh, and one more thing. In post #9 I stated that it didn't slow during descent. Well there's a caveat. It doesn't slow in darkness. During the day, the vision sensors do slow the descent. When I posted earlier, I had been flying in the evening and the vision position sensors didn't have enough light. Today during daylight I tried the rapid descent and it slowed normally when the Ultrasonic Sensor Error message was still active and the rear Red LEDs when on.

Jeff
2018-5-1
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-20 00:25
In considering of flight safety, it is not recommended to fly with the error anymore.

Susan, is this the official word? Start a ticket and return the drone?

Jeff
2018-5-2
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

Hello, are you there?
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff, I'm sorry for the late response. Your messages and links have been well received. All info has been forwarded to our engineers for review. We'll come back as long as there is any update.
2018-5-7
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-7 23:34
Jeff, I'm sorry for the late response. Your messages and links have been well received. All info has been forwarded to our engineers for review. We'll come back as long as there is any update.

Thank you. I believe I will open a repair ticket and send the aircraft in for repair.

Jeff
2018-5-8
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

TAHOE Posted at 2018-4-21 17:55
Hey all so tonight I powered  up did a calibration then went through and turned all sensors off rebotted both turned all sensors back on and flew 3times no sonic error' like see was new again' whoknows try it Jeff wth keep u posted

I haven’t had time to try this. Working 12 hour days 6 days a week has prevented me from doing much more than uploading flight logs last week. After you did these cals, have you had anymore trouble? If not, I will try this before sending it in. Otherwise I think I’ll leave it to the pros.

Jeff
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-5-8 02:28
Thank you. I believe I will open a repair ticket and send the aircraft in for repair.

Jeff

Maybe it's a silly question, but I have to ask again, do you mount any accessories on the drone? Our engineers are reviewing your data, please hold on and do not send the unit in at this moment. We will come back soon.
2018-5-8
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 03:22
Maybe it's a silly question, but I have to ask again, do you mount any accessories on the drone? Our engineers are reviewing your data, please hold on and do not send the unit in at this moment. We will come back soon.

I do not mount anything on the aircraft. The only thing I've added is 4 clear stickers made from Brother P-Touch tape. Two on the top and two next to the battery compartment. They are not interfering with anything. They were a very recent addition, and I was getting the error prior to adding them.

I will say that I've noticed over a couple flights that I haven't gotten the error on one of the three batteries. It could be a coincidence but I've flown a few times on that battery with no problem. I just got home from a 15 minute flight and all was well.

Thank you,

Jeff
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-5-8 08:34
I do not mount anything on the aircraft. The only thing I've added is 4 clear stickers made from Brother P-Touch tape. Two on the top and two next to the battery compartment. They are not interfering with anything. They were a very recent addition, and I was getting the error prior to adding them.

I will say that I've noticed over a couple flights that I haven't gotten the error on one of the three batteries. It could be a coincidence but I've flown a few times on that battery with no problem. I just got home from a 15 minute flight and all was well.

Jeff, I just got an update from our engineers that they have reviewed your data and concluded it as misinformation. We have been aware of this issue and will optimize it in the next firmware. Appreciate your support.
2018-5-9
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-9 18:20
Jeff, I just got an update from our engineers that they have reviewed your data and concluded it as misinformation. We have been aware of this issue and will optimize it in the next firmware. Appreciate your support.

Hi Susan. does this mean that the error will be suppressed and not show up in case there really is a error or?
Can you tell why those errors show up?

Had my apparently first and only error of this kind the other day and i even fly with the sensors de-activated, really odd.

Ultrasonic error popped up even sensors was disabled.

Ultrasonic error popped up even sensors was disabled.

Also i would appreciate if you could please reply my concern posted here as i really want to have my issues solved now.
2018-5-9
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-9 18:20

Susan, Thank you for the reply.

Jeff
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-9 23:42
Hi Susan. does this mean that the error will be suppressed and not show up in case there really is a error or?
Can you tell why those errors show up?

It is normal to get this warning in the thick cloud or moisture weather, or close to trees. If not, I'm afraid that it might be concluded as misinformation. We will optimize this issue in the next firmware to avoid similar confusions.

BTW, I've read your another post and will reply later. Thanks for your patience.
2018-5-11
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-11 00:42
It is normal to get this warning in the thick cloud or moisture weather, or close to trees. If not, I'm afraid that it might be concluded as misinformation. We will optimize this issue in the next firmware to avoid similar confusions.

BTW, I've read your another post and will reply later. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Susan
the other day i was up to examine a bird's nest in a pear tree for eggs and chicks to make sure it was safe to take away, when i had this error popping up again, so you're right that it happen when close to trees but why does it show when i have the sensors disabled?
When disabled the sensors is supposed to be inactivated, specially a sensor like the ultrasonic that can result in different disturbances to other equipment and bother animals!
Please have your engineers make sure that when a sensor has been deactivated it really is!

UltraSonic sensor error even OA is disabled, indicating the Ultrasonic is still active!

UltraSonic sensor error even OA is disabled, indicating the Ultrasonic is still active!
2018-5-16
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30190 ft

Hi Susan,
I got the same problem and Dji support ask me to send the drone for repair, but i stille think that this error is not a hardware problem, but the firmware update.
So what i'am reading above is that you confirm this and i have to wait for an new firmware update and not sending the drone for repair?
Thanks a lot and regards from the Netherlands
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-16 03:31
Hi Susan
the other day i was up to examine a bird's nest in a pear tree for eggs and chicks to make sure it was safe to take away, when i had this error popping up again, so you're right that it happen when close to trees but why does it show when i have the sensors disabled?
When disabled the sensors is supposed to be inactivated, specially a sensor like the ultrasonic that can result in different disturbances to other equipment and bother animals!

Ultrasonic sensors cannot be deactivated when you disable the visual sensors.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vayreda Posted at 2018-5-17 11:36
Hi Susan,
I got the same problem and Dji support ask me to send the drone for repair, but i stille think that this error is not a hardware problem, but the firmware update.
So what i'am reading above is that you confirm this and i have to wait for an new firmware update and not sending the drone for repair?

Vayreda, does the issue appear frequently? How about the flight environment? Does the drone work well when the message appears?
2018-5-21
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30190 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Susan,

I got the phantom 4 pro over one year know and I use the drone for commercial use, I got a Dutch license for the drone and doing wedding footages.
The problem here in Holland is when you got the license you will attach a small license plate (50 mm x 28 mm stainless steel) on the drone for identification in case you will have a crash.
About 8 month I got a landing gear and a gimbal guard (not a Gimbal Lock, but a DJI Phantom 4 Gimbal Guard by Polar Pro) to attach the small license plate (see picture), because I don't know where I can attach the plate on the drone. This works fine till the last firmware update and I got the error "Ultrasonic sensor error, land immediately" So I wrote this to your service desk and they say that I have to send the drone for repair (I still think, that is not a hardware problem)
So I got the UPC labels and I want to send the drone next Tuesday.
Yesterday I found out that my DJI Assistant 2 was an older version and update the program and I calibrate the sensors, IMU & Compass calibration etc. So I went out to fly again to see if the drone get the same error as before. A took all the landing gear and gimbal guard off and start flying (beginners mode and all modes) and I did not get the error warning! On the moment I put on the landing gear on, still nothing happened, no error. Then I put on the Gimbal Guard and I GOT THE ERROR! So what I aspect already it have to by the bottom sensors of the drone(no dirt, no dust very clean and no hard landing or crashes) I still think the problem came up after the last update.
So I don't think that sending the drone will give a solution and I wait till there will be a firmware update about the sensor problem (looks like that the sensors are in the programming set "wider angle than before"

Thank you very much and regards from Holland.
Edwin
2018-5-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules