2026 13 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

So Guys, has some of you know I sent in my Pro due to jello issues and the compass moving over to yellow then red when gimble moved down. Well I got feedback from them to day that they found my C1 button set to fixed wing mode which was causing the Jello(BS) the button was assigned to check battery levels and C2 was set to auto focus. They also said the Imu was not properly calibrated hence the jello issues and the gimble causing the compass error. To me this is a whole lot of BS and I do not see any way that what they claim to be wrong with it can cause those issues.

Can one of you verify this above or agree with me that these guys are talking Sh**
2018-4-18
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I kind of agree. It sounds like somepersonbody is trying to practice their "double/triple speak"......
Jello usually means, but not always, vibrations....
Now, as to the compass(es), I dunno...
2018-4-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Flycaster Posted at 2018-4-18 10:36
I kind of agree. It sounds like somepersonbody is trying to practice their "double/triple speak"......
Jello usually means, but not always, vibrations....
Now, as to the compass(es), I dunno...

To me they just trying to fob of the issue, but i will persist. They sending the drone back without doing anything much except for calibrating the imu which i am capable of doing myself an have done
2018-4-18
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Suren,
I can see how you would be upset. There has been enough information on the forum about this issue and really no good explanation how to fix it.
In my research on it, knock on wood I haven't had it, There has been a few solutions that might be the problem.
The first was a loose connections to the camera or Gimbal. That requires tearing the Mavic down.
The second I thought was more plausible and that is the Gimbal is not balanced correctly. I have read that after putting on a ND filter the Jello affect goes away. Which leads me to believe it is an unbalanced Gimbal.
Hope when you get the Mavic back the problem is solved.

2018-4-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-18 11:39
Suren,
I can see how you would be upset. There has been enough information on the forum about this issue and really no good explanation how to fix it.
In my research on it, knock on wood I haven't had it, There has been a few solutions that might be the problem.

Thanks Houdini, should have it back by today or tomorrow. have a 1 year warranty with it which expires towards end of this year around August i think. Will try and Nd filter if the issue is still there, have also read that here but just wanted it to work has it was supposed to and not do a work around. Well at least I will be back in the Air, having the Pro gone even just for over a week was really depressing, suffering from drone withdrawal symptoms
2018-4-18
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey suren - if your jello issues are what i think, it seems to me that dji is able to cure that problem because i do not remember guys who complained about it, continuing to complain.
As houdini says nd filters seem to have helped others - but as you rightly say also - it should work 100% without issues and you should settle for nothing less.
On the other hand again though nd filters are pretty much essential items anyway, especially considering you are working on your editing which means that best possible result are important to you.
Hope for the best, expect the worst - this way your expectations cant be let down and you maintain a hopeful outlook in life.
I am holding thumbs for you.
ps- will be interesting to know if they replaced the gimbal - let me know will you? if they did there will probably be a sticker with a yellow tag on that was not there before.
2018-4-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-19 06:12
hey suren - if your jello issues are what i think, it seems to me that dji is able to cure that problem because i do not remember guys who complained about it, continuing to complain.
As houdini says nd filters seem to have helped others - but as you rightly say also - it should work 100% without issues and you should settle for nothing less.
On the other hand again though nd filters are pretty much essential items anyway, especially considering you are working on your editing which means that best possible result are important to you.

They told me that they are not replacing the gimble because the issues was because C1 button was assigned to fixed wing mode. So I gonna test it has I fly, the only issue is that the Jello issue with mine was that it was not always there which to me was quite strange, I maybe had the issue 1 in every 10 flights. It did not really bother me much but wanted it sorted out U/G before it expired then I would be stuffed.
2018-4-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2018-4-19 08:21
They told me that they are not replacing the gimble because the issues was because C1 button was assigned to fixed wing mode. So I gonna test it has I fly, the only issue is that the Jello issue with mine was that it was not always there which to me was quite strange, I maybe had the issue 1 in every 10 flights. It did not really bother me much but wanted it sorted out U/G before it expired then I would be stuffed.

"I maybe had the issue 1 in every 10 flights."

Could it be high wind causing the Jello effect ?

The gimbal is seated correctly in the carrier ?
2018-4-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-4-19 08:21
They told me that they are not replacing the gimble because the issues was because C1 button was assigned to fixed wing mode. So I gonna test it has I fly, the only issue is that the Jello issue with mine was that it was not always there which to me was quite strange, I maybe had the issue 1 in every 10 flights. It did not really bother me much but wanted it sorted out U/G before it expired then I would be stuffed.

strange that a c1 button could cause the issue. anyway i really hope its fixed without any future issues.
2018-4-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-19 11:14
"I maybe had the issue 1 in every 10 flights."

Could it be high wind causing the Jello effect ?

I noticed that during winds the jello was more present but it also happens when it is a completely still day. Yes the bracket is properly seated has well
2018-4-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-19 12:14
strange that a c1 button could cause the issue. anyway i really hope its fixed without any future issues.

I'm also hoping has well. Thanks
2018-4-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

hey suren - got yr bird back yet? keep us posted on test flights. if (and i hope not) you have jello issues again please post examples on the forum so we can see. hope it is fault free.
2018-4-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-20 05:49
hey suren - got yr bird back yet? keep us posted on test flights. if (and i hope not) you have jello issues again please post examples on the forum so we can see. hope it is fault free.

Hi Bekaru, got it back now, weather is terrible with rain here so hopefully can do some flight tomorrow and let you know, bought myself an extra battery and got my MPP props has well
2018-4-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Okay, so got 4 fully charged batteries, remote and iPhone, downgraded firmware back to 0100 did an imu calibrate again, got the bags packed and ready for the beach tomorrow. hopefully all goes well and no more Jello and I can start shooting some videos again and play with editing.
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules