Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor gains - full manual mode
1613 11 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnchao411
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

I've tried to fly in full manual mode for several times, it's really a fun mode especially when you almost crashing the bird and then immediately flipped the S1 button to GPS mode, magically the bird stabilized and lifted up in the last second before kissing the ground....

However, I found it's pretty hard to maintaining a course by using the full manual mode, I believe somehow it's due to my less experience on it, but It'll be most grateful if someone can teach me how to fine tuning the motor gains for the full manual mode.
2015-5-8
Use props
Bobcat90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hey, John.  I don't have an answer to your question,  but I want  to ask you--- are you in the Kaohsuing area?   I am an American living in Kaohsuing, and I am looking to meet others here who have a Phantom, too.
2015-5-9
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

John what do you mean by maintaining a course? Tell us what you are trying to accomplish and someone may be able to help. The gains should only be messed with for really fine tuning. And change in very small increments and teste then re adjusted. Most pilot never have to adjust the  default gains.
2015-5-10
Use props
PanamonCreel
Second Officer

Mexico

Practice, practice and more practice.  You are the one that has to control the course in manual mode!
2015-5-10
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Taiwan

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-5-10 19:34
John what do you mean by maintaining a course? Tell us what you are trying to accomplish and someone ...

Roy, I can easily roll 360 degrees in manual mode, but flying forward has never been a easy job to me...
Carefully throttling up(J3) and pitch the stick front(J2) slightly, however I can see the bird was tilting too much to the front and then start to descending, the second time I gaves it more throttle but still not able to stop my bird swooping down from the air. Specifically, I'd like to know is it possible to perform basic movements(forward, reverse, yaw left and right...) in full manual with the default motor gains or not?

Surely it's not necessary to fly the bird in full manual, however still wish to learn how to do that.
2015-5-10
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

Keeping the gain at default will be the best for your and even my maneuvers . The gains are there if you need minor adjustments if the bird is off some in one or the other direction. Most are not due to the sensors. As for flying it is practice and more practice with small gradual stick changes. The bird can go both slow and fast. Go slow at first to build up the experience and get the orentation down pat. Then when you get good and comfortable with flying you ace those manouvers you wa noting to perform.
2015-5-14
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Taiwan

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-5-14 18:38
Keeping the gain at default will be the best for your and even my maneuvers . The gains are there if ...

Thanks to Roy and all, I think I'll practicing with the default settings until I got more experience on it, bring my laptop out together with the bird and adjusting the gains little by little, wish I can work it out soon.
2015-5-16
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

John, you may want to do a search on you tube on phantom 2 vision plus. A lot of interesting videos and training aids there. I've spent hours and hours of entertaining my self and picking up a lot of pointer from them. Give it a try al you have to do is sit back an watch. Enjoy your bird!
2015-5-17
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Taiwan

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-5-17 18:57
John, you may want to do a search on you tube on phantom 2 vision plus. A lot of interesting videos  ...

Good idea! I'll do that.
2015-5-17
Use props
malewis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Don't change the gains on your phantom. This will not make a difference in control during manual mode. Only mess up the stability. And like Roy says take it very slow with both sticks.
And even buy a extender for the right stick to counteract amount of motion on the phantom. If that makes sense.
2015-5-23
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Taiwan

malewis@live.co Posted at 2015-5-24 05:00
Don't change the gains on your phantom. This will not make a difference in control during manual mod ...

I agreed with you after several times on testing the manual mode, thanks!
2015-6-8
Use props
alanbpage
lvl.1

United States

I think you're on the right track, the way you talk about giving more throttle (up) to maintain altitude as you pitch forward. Spot on. It's exactly what you would have to do in an airplane or real helicopter, but something we could take for granted the Phantom does perfectly for us in GPS mode. Keep practicing, keeping in mind how influencing one force affects another. It'll become more intuitive the more you do it...like how automatic driving a car is.
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules