Mavic Air or wait for Mavic Pro II?
1868 4 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuantumRed
lvl.1

United States

So I would like to purchase a mavic air, but once seeing that it ran on wifi and not ocusync, I had second thoughts. I'm moving to Tokyo, Japan soon so I would like to have a drone that can stand up to the bombardment of interference coming from such a large city. So I was wondering, would the Mavic Air be good enough for flying in Tokyo, or if I should wait for the Mavic Pro II that would have Ocusync? (Yes, I am aware that you can't fly in most of Tokyo, but I'm not going to be living in the heart of Tokyo, but more out West Tokyo. There is some fly zones near where I'll live.)
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, we have not got any information about Mavic pro II at present, let's keep close attention to DJI official online store. Thanks for your support of DJI products.
2018-4-18
Use props
fans00bd3594
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83386 ft
Canada

It's not what you want to hear but in my opinion you should wait. I own the Mavic Air and it is VERY limited when it comes to a clean viewing signal.  I wont even try to guess your distance limitations because I don't know what Tokyo uses for phone and device transmissions. I can only tell you, even in normal/rural environments I get clean signal to about 750 meters. If you fly closer than that, go for it. Plan on filming a long beach, lake, mountain...forget it.
2018-4-19
Use props
QuantumRed
lvl.1

United States

Another thought is once the Mavic Pro II comes out, I can just pick up a Mavic Pro Platinum instead. It has good range, battery life, and noise, but I imagine once the MPII is released it will drop in price. I'm only 14 so I don't expect to be doing any "professional" drone work, maybe some YouTube here and there, so I don't really see the need for me getting a 1" sensor if it means losing on portability and a higher price. I don't know, maybe DJI will blow it out of the water with this drone and make me have to get the MPII. I'd love to hear you guys' ideas and comments to help me decide. I have a couple months to decide until the MPII is supposedly going to be announced anyways.
2018-4-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

QuantumRed Posted at 2018-4-20 12:49
Another thought is once the Mavic Pro II comes out, I can just pick up a Mavic Pro Platinum instead. It has good range, battery life, and noise, but I imagine once the MPII is released it will drop in price. I'm only 14 so I don't expect to be doing any "professional" drone work, maybe some YouTube here and there, so I don't really see the need for me getting a 1" sensor if it means losing on portability and a higher price. I don't know, maybe DJI will blow it out of the water with this drone and make me have to get the MPII. I'd love to hear you guys' ideas and comments to help me decide. I have a couple months to decide until the MPII is supposedly going to be announced anyways.

Just get a MPP, if Mavic 2 arrives you can sell it and move on, as regards MavAir it’s a great craft I would check out others flying in Tokyo and see how they are getting on.
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules