Mont St-Michel and a small French town. Should I try color grading?
734 8 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's some shots from France. The city on the island is Mont Saint-Michel and the small French town is Saint-Jean-le-Thomas.

Any tips on color grading are welcome. I tried some auto contrast, levels, and color in Adobe Premier but because a lot of the shots change exposure it looked kind of funny. Any tips?

2018-4-18
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Great video, thanks for posting!
2018-4-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"... but because a lot of the shots change exposure it looked kind of funny"

I really try not to mess with colors and such, for the mentioned reason if in auto exposure mode.
But in case that: hard cuts helping , you 'just' need to edit clip by clip, then
(Another reasion for trying not to mess with colors and such: clip for clip can be a pain in the ..... ;-)

Edit: Also for some projects (not drone and from the past) I did that, pre-post, so to speak.
To sort the video, cut in the different sections, and pre applied the changes I wanted to see.
But for drone videos, I am still not there, yet. Notebook ist limiting too much, methinks
2018-4-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-18 20:15
"... but because a lot of the shots change exposure it looked kind of funny"

I really try not to mess with colors and such, for the mentioned reason if in auto exposure mode.

Yes, it's a pain for sure. I guess it's just something I need to learn. Time to hit up youtube for tutorials I guess. Thanks for your input.
2018-4-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-4-18
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

nice video! i really like the low flying part.
as for exposure - better to shoot in manual mode. or, when using auto, if you tap on the screen, it will readjust the auto exposure based on the metering of that part you touched on. for example, in your video, where you are high up and the houses, trees below seem very dark, you tap on the screen on that lower part and you will see how auto exposure is changing and it will stay like that. i hope it makes sense what i am saying
2018-4-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I wish I could have got closer but this was the closest you could get legally with a drone, and it was flanked by two big NFZ bubbles, so this was the only angle. I have a lot of hand held video of the place that I will edit into the next video.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Great video, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing more works from you.
2018-4-20
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules