Wow, I didn't see that coming.
1056 14 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8fea2564
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3063793 ft
United States

I've had my Mavic Pro 15 months and have flown it a lot. Over 120 hours of flight time. Never a crash. When the gimbal started acting up, I sent it to DJI for repair. I figured I had pretty much worn the drone out and this was just the beginning of the end for it. Sad but understandable. Within a day they quoted me $181 to repair which I thought reasonable. When I got it back yesterday, inside the shipping box was a brand new Mavic. New motors, new electronics, sensors, a new Mavic with a new serial number. I had to activate it as new and was offered DJI refresh. Even if this is refurbished, I'm floored. Customer for life.
My Mavic Pro Photography
2018-4-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Not a bad deal for sure.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Enjoy it and happy flying!
BTW, the captures look great!
2018-4-18
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

WOW!!!!!
Nice DJI. I have a brand new with camera problem out of the box and have to convince them to replace it cause it is purchased from another region and DJI replace drones to others as if they were gums.
2018-4-19
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well maybe they will do the same for my I2. i sent it in 3 weeks ago because it was flying irraticly and would not stabilize or land, it was examined by DJI and found to have more than a few issues that was covered under warranty, well long story short it was returned to me today in less than good condition, two of the screws for the quick release was completely stripped and there was a scratch on the right front cover, I contacted DJI support and they asked that I send my I2 in to be repaired for a second time. I explained to the rep that I will be travelling in about 10 days and would like to have my I2 for the trip so he agreed to send a new quick release bracket me, I was excited and ran out to purchase a new crystal sky monitor to go with my new DJI Cendace that was delivered a few days earlier, up on retuning from B&H I farther inspected the quick release bracket and noticed that the scew next to the one that was stripped was not righted all that way and to motor had a metal grind to it so I contacted DJI support again and while on hold removed both screws and inspected the motor. After about 15 minute I was connected to a rep that suggested that I may have damaged the motor and striped the screw while attempting to remove the quick relese bracket. I explained to her that I had received the I2 in that condition and had reported it more than two hour befour and was issued a replacement bracket, she then ask for a case number for my first call so she could review that complaint but I wasn't given a number and that further complicated the issue. After arguing my case for another 5 minutes I remembered that the first rep had sent me a Email and asked me to reply to that email with a photo of the damaged part, so i mentioned it to the DJI representative and she insisted that that email would containe a case# witch it did not, but I did have the name of the last rep and a short message confirming that I did call on with a complaint minute after receiving my I2 from UPS and b4 removing the bracket...
Well I was just sent my expedited label I'll be dropping my Inspire off to UPS first thing in the morning and we'll be sure to post updates on DJI turn around time and my overall experience..

Old case# CAS-1630208-Q4V5S7

New case#CAS-1706279-F2G4L0

Hoping everything goes well and I can give a great review within a week or 2
20180420_173344.jpg
Screenshot_20180421-031455_Chrome.jpg
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Michael Kaine Posted at 2018-4-20 23:18
Well maybe they will do the same for my I2. i sent it in 3 weeks ago because it was flying irraticly and would not stabilize or land, it was examined by DJI and found to have more than a few issues that was covered under warranty, well long story short it was returned to me today in less than good condition, two of the screws for the quick release was completely stripped and there was a scratch on the right front cover, I contacted DJI support and they asked that I send my I2 in to be repaired for a second time. I explained to the rep that I will be travelling in about 10 days and would like to have my I2 for the trip so he agreed to send a new quick release bracket me, I was excited and ran out to purchase a new crystal sky monitor to go with my new DJI Cendace that was delivered a few days earlier, up on retuning from B&H I farther inspected the quick release bracket and noticed that the scew next to the one that was stripped was not righted all that way and to motor had a metal grind to it so I contacted DJI support again and while on hold removed both screws and inspected the motor. After about 15 minute I was connected to a rep that suggested that I may have damaged the motor and striped the screw while attempting to remove the quick relese bracket. I explained to her that I had received the I2 in that condition and had reported it more than two hour befour and was issued a replacement bracket, she then ask for a case number for my first call so she could review that complaint but I wasn't given a number and that further complicated the issue. After arguing my case for another 5 minutes I remembered that the first rep had sent me a Email and asked me to reply to that email with a photo of the damaged part, so i mentioned it to the DJI representative and she insisted that that email would containe a case# witch it did not, but I did have the name of the last rep and a short message confirming that I did call on with a complaint minute after receiving my I2 from UPS and b4 removing the bracket...
Well I was just sent my expedited label I'll be dropping my Inspire off to UPS first thing in the morning and we'll be sure to post updates on DJI turn around time and my overall experience..

Michael, we are so sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our repair center and the inconvenience that has been caused to your trip, please send in at your most convenience and we will do our best to get it fixed as soon as possible, you experience and frustration will also be forwarded to the appropriate department to follow up, hope the issue will be addressed soon.
2018-4-21
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I shipped it on Saturday morning, Express Air shipping, it will arrive on Tuesday morning..
Hopefully there won't be an issue with warranty or repair and I'll have it back soon
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Michael Kaine Posted at 2018-4-22 20:36
I shipped it on Saturday morning, Express Air shipping, it will arrive on Tuesday morning..
Hopefully there won't be an issue with warranty or repair and I'll have it back soon

Our repair center will take care of it when the package arrives, sincerely hope the issue will be sorted out soon, please let us know if you need any further assistance during this process, we will do our best to help.
2018-4-22
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I was contacted by a supervisor today Her name was Apple, she assured me that she would take care of my issue and possibly ship me out a new I2, because I don't think I actually got a new I2 when I bought this one in june.
My Inspire 2 has two serial numbers one in the battery compartment the other located on a sticker that was loosely pasted on the bottom of the air craft as shown in the two images.
[ ] The one located in the battery compartment is not valid. The serial number on the bottom on the white sticker is the one I need to use when calling support.
FYI: Apple was very pleasant and had all the details of my case, she was very easy to talk to and left me feeling confident that this will be taken care of soon.
Great job DJI much improvement since my last support experience with my Mavic in 2017
20180403_160413.jpg
20180403_160449.jpg
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Michael Kaine Posted at 2018-4-23 09:51
I was contacted by a supervisor today Her name was Apple, she assured me that she would take care of my issue and possibly ship me out a new I2, because I don't think I actually got a new I2 when I bought this one in june.
My Inspire 2 has two serial numbers one in the battery compartment the other located on a sticker that was loosely pasted on the bottom of the air craft as shown in the two images.
[ ] The one located in the battery compartment is not valid. The serial number on the bottom on the white sticker is the one I need to use when calling support.

Michael, glad to know you have a pleasant conversation with our supervisor. Every part has its own SN. The serial number in the battery compartment is the Inspire 2 CineCore S/N, the other one is the SN of the aircraft, they are different, no worries, hope everything will turn out to be great.
2018-4-23
Use props
DtrainMcMav
lvl.2
United States

fans8fea2564, if you don't mind sharing, what were the details of your invoice?
I ask because I have had a far worse experience with dji.
I was getting a Jello effect in my footage so I called them up and they looked up my serial number and told me they would repair my Mavic under warranty. I sent my Mavic to dji and got an unexpected invoice for $253. I called to find out why I was being charged when I was told it would be covered under warranty and I was told the camera only has a 6-month warranty.
Here are the details of the original invoice.
Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Front Right Motor Arm        1        22.00        22.00
Gimbal and Camera Module        1        101.00        101.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        253.00
2018-4-27
Use props
Dave Stevens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3063793 ft
United States

DtrainMcMav Posted at 2018-4-27 14:27
I was getting a Jello effect in my footage so I called them up and they looked up my serial number and told me they would repair my Mavic under warranty. I sent my Mavic to dji and got an unexpected invoice for $253. I called to find out why I was being charged when I was told it would be covered under warranty and I was told the camera only has a 6-month warranty.

Sorry to hear about your experience.  I only had the gimbal replaced and 2 hours of labor.  Camera was okay.  So, your numbers seem accurate to me.  I did shop around a little before sending my Mavic in.  There are are lot of repair places out there.  I'm not a Shill for DJI, but I thought their prices were were better.  I've bought 3 DJI products and have been treated well.  
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DtrainMcMav Posted at 2018-4-27 14:27
I was getting a Jello effect in my footage so I called them up and they looked up my serial number and told me they would repair my Mavic under warranty. I sent my Mavic to dji and got an unexpected invoice for $253. I called to find out why I was being charged when I was told it would be covered under warranty and I was told the camera only has a 6-month warranty.

We've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-143723-1-1.html Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.
2018-4-28
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>

Okay here's the update on my experience: though I was promised express 2 day shipping for my i2 to the DJI facility and Express 2 day shipping back to my home that was not the case the Drone was shipped back to me UPS Ground which usually takes 5 days but with bad weather took a lot longer so it did not arrive in time. I spent an extra $3000 on my $8000 I2 set up last month just for this trip, I even took my eye to out over a month in advance to make sure that it worked properly found a problem and sent it in for repairs. I believe I did things right by purchasing all my accessories over a month in advance and sending my crafts in for maintenance... DJI Cendence Crystal Skies, a few extra batteries, extra props and prop guard. So naturally I was very upset when I wasn't able to bring my equipment on my trip. But it doesn't end there this might be seem to be small thing but I returned on Saturday night and was excited to take my Inspire 2 and all of my new accessories to the beach on Sunday when I realized that my $150 prop guards ordered on 4/18 expected to ship in one day and confirmed ready to ship had still not been delivered or shipped.
Though the prop guards are a small thing it just seems like an added slap in the face...

Order Number: 0016982660920
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Michael Kaine Posted at 2018-5-7 04:25
Okay here's the update on my experience: though I was promised express 2 day shipping for my i2 to the DJI facility and Express 2 day shipping back to my home that was not the case the Drone was shipped back to me UPS Ground which usually takes 5 days but with bad weather took a lot longer so it did not arrive in time. I spent an extra $3000 on my $8000 I2 set up last month just for this trip, I even took my eye to out over a month in advance to make sure that it worked properly found a problem and sent it in for repairs. I believe I did things right by purchasing all my accessories over a month in advance and sending my crafts in for maintenance... DJI Cendence Crystal Skies, a few extra batteries, extra props and prop guard. So naturally I was very upset when I wasn't able to bring my equipment on my trip. But it doesn't end there this might be seem to be small thing but I returned on Saturday night and was excited to take my Inspire 2 and all of my new accessories to the beach on Sunday when I realized that my $150 prop guards ordered on 4/18 expected to ship in one day and confirmed ready to ship had still not been delivered or shipped.
Though the prop guards are a small thing it just seems like an added slap in the face...

We do apologize for the trouble that has been caused to your trip, I checked the order, the estimated shipping date when you purchased is 10-15 business days after payment confirmation, the Propeller Guard has been shipped already, you should have received the email with the tracking number, hope you will receive it shortly.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules