NFZ Database Update
1578 9 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mario_b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977103 ft

How should that work with the NFZ Database Update on Android ? I have a Android Phone only for flying with the Spark, so there is no SIM in that Phone. I got the Message that i there is a new No Fly Database Update, if i start it it tells me leave the Spark connected.

That didn't work - the Spark is connected via WIFI and i need the WIFI for Downloading of that Update. That Problem still exist since Versions in the DJI Go app, there is no point "Switch to Internet Access WLAN", Download, "Switch back to Spark" , Update.

How should that Update work ?

2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, you need to use an OTG cable to connect the drone and mobile device to update the database. Please start the drone, RC and app, when the database upgrade pops up, connect the drone and mobile device via the OTG cable, download and upgrade. Hope it helps.
2018-4-18
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28058 ft
Greece

1) Connect to WAN Wifi 2) Click Download 3) Connect to Drone Wifi and press Update.
2018-4-18
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-18 22:18
Hi there, you need to use an OTG cable to connect the drone and mobile device to update the database. Please start the drone, RC and app, when the database upgrade pops up, connect the drone and mobile device via the OTG cable, download and upgrade. Hope it helps.

Well OTG means i need a Old DJI APP ? As OTG isn't supported after 4.1.15 Versions ?

2018-4-19
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2

ssakellaro Posted at 2018-4-18 22:28
1) Connect to WAN Wifi 2) Click Download 3) Connect to Drone Wifi and press Update.

I Tried that - but still not working for me. If i am not connected to the Drohne Wifi the Message didn't apear, if i connect th drone wifi, wait for the Message, click update, go into android settings, go back, download, it still doesn't work ... seems he will do something directly with the drone after. I guess that's the point why the message said stay connected with the Spark.

That's a shame and a big Programm Fail from my point of view. As it is impossible have Drone connected and Internet Connected on same time with Android. But the DJI APP expect that ...
2018-4-19
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Greece

Mario_b Posted at 2018-4-19 11:03
I Tried that - but still not working for me. If i am not connected to the Drohne Wifi the Message didn't apear, if i connect th drone wifi, wait for the Message, click update, go into android settings, go back, download, it still doesn't work ... seems he will do something directly with the drone after. I guess that's the point why the message said stay connected with the Spark.

That's a shame and a big Programm Fail from my point of view. As it is impossible have Drone connected and Internet Connected on same time with Android. But the DJI APP expect that ...

If you simply press update? doesn't it download or say connect to internet ? i updated mine like 2 days ago but i don't remember the procedure , i just followed the on screen instructions - no otg - no remote , just mobile and spark.
2018-4-19
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Connect the Drone to your PC and download via DJI Assistant,, takes a few minutes,,
2018-4-20
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2

ssakellaro Posted at 2018-4-19 12:42
If you simply press update? doesn't it download or say connect to internet ? i updated mine like 2 days ago but i don't remember the procedure , i just followed the on screen instructions - no otg - no remote , just mobile and spark.

As said i didn't have Mobile Data there ... and Android still stop MObile Data if you are connect with WIFI. I guess you are using an Apple Device .
2018-4-20
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2

Flighty Posted at 2018-4-20 00:25
Connect the Drone to your PC and download via DJI Assistant,, takes a few minutes,,

That's interessting, because i tried that - but DJI Assistant only make Firmware Updates. Where is the NFZ Update function there, maybe i missed something.
2018-4-20
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Greece

Mario_b Posted at 2018-4-20 06:23
As said i didn't have Mobile Data there ... and Android still stop MObile Data if you are connect with WIFI. I guess you are using an Apple Device .

No i used One Plus 5T with android 8.0, without mobile data
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules